#41 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

1. Totally agree

2. I feel like you use this as partially a business so having these events is especially important to you and yeah I mean they did promise those so we should get them.. But I also realize that in a shortened season it's just tough to plan an event when they really have no idea what the practice schedule will be.. No organization puts fan events before the team's schedule.. Devils are no different.. So I see both sides on this issue

3. Still just do not agree that these Tuesday emails should be something of incredible value every week. They gave us more than enough to make up for - heaven forbid - not being able to watch a sport for several months.. There are bigger problems in life, and at what point do we (and I mean this generally to all NHL fans) stop demanding retributions for that? I am actually genuinely curious about that

For me, sometimes nothing is better than something. If there's was one man on Earth left who would buy your car, would you sell for it for 1 cent? I wouldn't. I'd tell that guy to suck it and then do donuts around him. My point is, sometimes no offer is better than an insulting offer.

#42 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,435 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

For me, sometimes nothing is better than something. If there's was one man on Earth left who would buy your car, would you sell for it for 1 cent? I wouldn't. I'd tell that guy to suck it and then do donuts around him. My point is, sometimes no offer is better than an insulting offer.

For some people those offers weren't silly though.

Nobody expected any season ticket holder Tuesday offers and then when the team gives STHers additional stuff to what the team is obligated to give some people complain.  Not liking what the STH Tuesday's offer detracts from your tickets no more than if the offers weren't given at all.  I've only used the picture on the ice after the game bonus, but that means I got more than I originally expected before the season.

I think your analogy might better fit as, If you didn't want a car and someone offered to sell you a car for 1 cent, why would you be mad at that person even though they offered you something with no value to you?

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,642 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Only here do people complain about being offered free stuff they're not forced to take, or discounts they're not forced to buy.  Talk about entitlement.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 30 March 2013 - 05:09 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#44 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Tons of other teams found time to schedule STH events, so I do not see why it is so difficult for the Devils to do so.  And back to the Season Ticket Tuesdays; I do not care that they are offering crappy deals/items, etc.  My problem with it is that a Devils "Fan Experience Rep" tried to tell me and another STH that the team is trying and doing more than ever, and cited the Season Ticket Tuesday as an example.  Go ahead and offer us crap all you want, but do NOT use this as justification/ammo against complaining STH'ers who feel shafted.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#45 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Tons of other teams found time to schedule STH events, so I do not see why it is so difficult for the Devils to do so. And back to the Season Ticket Tuesdays; I do not care that they are offering crappy deals/items, etc. My problem with it is that a Devils "Fan Experience Rep" tried to tell me and another STH that the team is trying and doing more than ever, and cited the Season Ticket Tuesday as an example. Go ahead and offer us crap all you want, but do NOT use this as justification/ammo against complaining STH'ers who feel shafted.

Have tons of other teams had signings and other STH events? Or are you assuming they have?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#46 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

Have tons of other teams had signings and other STH events? Or are you assuming they have?

I have read about several teams having them....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#47 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

A few of the deals were pretty good. Most weren't, but no harm done, right?... not worthy of a complaint in my opinion, we're not really entitled to anything.. Anything that we got that was decent in the first few weeks was already enough and better than nothing.

Take a look across the river to how a franchise shouldn't treat their season ticket holders. The Devils do as good a job as any team in the area, and much much better in my opinion.

#48 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

A few of the deals were pretty good. Most weren't, but no harm done, right?... not worthy of a complaint in my opinion, we're not really entitled to anything.. Anything that we got that was decent in the first few weeks was already enough and better than nothing.

Take a look across the river to how a franchise shouldn't treat their season ticket holders. The Devils do as good a job as any team in the area, and much much better in my opinion.

For this part, let's take the STH Tuesdays out of this equation since it is a 1-season deal.

While the Rags do not offer that many STH perks, when they do they usually deliver pretty well.  The Devils instead have a habit of offering or promising perks and then either royally screwing them up (last year's team open practice) or not even having them (Equipment sale)

#49 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

For this part, let's take the STH Tuesdays out of this equation since it is a 1-season deal.

While the Rags do not offer that many STH perks, when they do they usually deliver pretty well.  The Devils instead have a habit of offering or promising perks and then either royally screwing them up (last year's team open practice) or not even having them (Equipment sale)

Yeah but as far as shafting the everyday Rangers season ticket holder or family every year with insane price jumps and other shenanigans, they take the cake.

• Like last year, when they got rid of seats for hundreds of STHers to make room for the new luxury boxes; and did nothing to reallocate them or give them a deal on what would end up being way more expensive options in the lower bowl.
  • Or this year, when they build the Sky Bridges, even further adding to the numerous eyesores the average season ticketholder has to look at instead of having a nice open feeling of a large proud arena.

Their organization is such a joke and they could give a rat's ass about their season ticket holders. The Devils have a few strikes on their batting record, but never any major displays of disrespect to the people that count.

Edited by DJ Eco, 01 April 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#50 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yeah but as far as shafting the everyday Rangers season ticket holder or family every year with insane price jumps and other shenanigans, they take the cake.

• Like last year, when they got rid of seats for hundreds of STHers to make room for the new luxury boxes; and did nothing to reallocate them or give them a deal on what would end up being way more expensive options in the lower bowl.
  • Or this year, when they build the Sky Bridges, even further adding to the numerous eyesores the average season ticketholder has to look at instead of having a nice open feeling of a large proud arena.

Their organization is such a joke and they could give a rat's ass about their season ticket holders. The Devils have a few strikes on their batting record, but never any major displays of disrespect to the people that count.

They told the season ticket holders ahead of time that these were coming.  Yeah the old blue seats STH got shafted, but the writing was on the wall and the Rags gave them notice of it.

The Devils just promise events and then treat it as an afterthought or never even hold them.  IDK about you, but when im about to be royally screwed over I'd rather the organization be up front about it.

#51 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,870 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

1. Totally agree

2. I feel like you use this as partially a business so having these events is especially important to you and yeah I mean they did promise those so we should get them.. But I also realize that in a shortened season it's just tough to plan an event when they really have no idea what the practice schedule will be.. No organization puts fan events before the team's schedule.. Devils are no different.. So I see both sides on this issue

3. Still just do not agree that these Tuesday emails should be something of incredible value every week. They gave us more than enough to make up for - heaven forbid - not being able to watch a sport for several months.. There are bigger problems in life, and at what point do we (and I mean this generally to all NHL fans) stop demanding retributions for that? I am actually genuinely curious about that

In response to the bolded part -- which has little to do with the OP and so I hope no one takes offense if I sidetrack the thread for a second -- generally speaking, the league as a whole did very little to "make up" for the lockout. So if some fans have not stopped demanding "retribution," I can undertstand it somewhat. Although in reality, I hear practically no talk about it anymore. Who have you heard that is still grumbling about it? As far as I can tell, for almost everyone it's been back to business as usual for a long time now.

To me, the fan anger over the lockout should not have been about that it kept everyone from watching hockey for a few months -- although that's how most people voiced it. To me, the anger was about that on the whole, this particular work stoppage was purely about greed and coud've been avoided had the league/players truly cared about the professional standing of the league.

The casual way the NHL went back to work with its drastically shortened schedule makes a mockery out of the normal regular season.

Sure, most people have moved on. But that's because what else could they do? You either accepted what happened or your didn't.

Of course there are always bigger problems in life. But one can use that argument for just about anything related to the NHL. ... The Devils don't practice their shootouts and that's why they are losing precious points? Meh, who cares, there are bigger problems in life! ... Lou didn't replace the goal-scoring hole left by Parise and Sykora?  Meh, what's the difference, there are bigger problems in life. ... These season ticket holder Tuesdays are a joke? Really, come on now, let's get real, there are bigger problems in life! ... I could go on and on with that line of reasoning.

The lockout didn't seem to bother you too much, and that's fine. Apparently, if leaguewide attendance is any indication, most people felt the same way as you.

But there are probably still some who aren't happy with the league for what they did. I know for myself, I haven't given the league one dime so far this season. And I'm pretty darn proud of that. ... Yes, I have been watching the games on TV. And if the Devils happen to win it all this year, I'll be very very happy for them. Afterall, it's not like I turned in my fan card.

Everyone weighs things that matter to them differently -- and acts off of that accordingly

I still haven't accepted the blatant money grab that took place. It left a bitter taste in my mouth.

#52 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yesterday, Prudential Center was pleased to announce that Former North American and Russian hockey greats will face-off in a Charity Game Benefitting Mary Pat Christie’s Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund.

Join us on April 13th for this one-of-a-kind event to see greats such as Ken Daneyko, Bruce Driver, Grant Marshall, Jim Dowd, and Sergei Brylin, among others, facing off against a squad of Russian legends including Vyacheslav Fetisov, Alexei Kasatonov, Valery Kamensky, Alexey Yashin and Darius Kasparaitis. The Devils Alumni squad will be joined by fellow alums Bob Carpenter, Billy Guerin, Claude Lemieux, Randy McKay, Stephane Richer and Brendan Shanahan. Skating with the Devils will also be NHL Legends Ron Duguay, Brian Leetch and Brian Propp.

As a part of your Season Ticket Holder Tuesday perk, center ice tickets have been reserved for you at 50% off! Tickets go on sale today at 11am.

Click here to purchase and use code HOCKEY!

And as an even bigger perk, make a “Day Of Hockey” out of it. Last week, you were invited to a Hockey 101 with Dano, Chico and other Devils alumni at The Rock. That event will also be taking place on April 13th from 10:30am – 11:30am on the main ice, just before the Global Hockey Legends Charity game. You can still RSVP to Hockey 101 by filling out this form no later than Thursday, April, 4th. Your Hockey 101 tickets will be emailed to you a few days before the event.

Your Fan Experience Team
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#53 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

They told the season ticket holders ahead of time that these were coming.  Yeah the old blue seats STH got shafted, but the writing was on the wall and the Rags gave them notice of it.

The Devils just promise events and then treat it as an afterthought or never even hold them.  IDK about you, but when im about to be royally screwed over I'd rather the organization be up front about it.

A season ticket holder event being cancelled because of logistic issues or maybe even the team's financial issues is one thing. Getting your entire price bracket of seat selection options torn out in favor of new box seating is infinitely worse, in my opinion, but that's just me

#54 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

The STH events should not be cancelled.  It is bad form on the part of the team to promise something, only to take it away.  There was no reason that they couldn't have held an equipment sale over the summer, or fit an autograph signing in during an off day.  It's not that taxing on the players, and keeps the core fans happy. 

On the other hand, why anyone would complain about the Tuesday deals in beyond me.  If you don't want to go see Jersey Boys at a discounted price and sit with Dano and Marshall, don't buy the tickets.  Is it the greatest promo in the world...no.  But some people complain just for the sake of complaining.  I give them credit for being somewhat creative and being interactive with their sponsors.

Posted Image

#55 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

A season ticket holder event being cancelled because of logistic issues or maybe even the team's financial issues is one thing. Getting your entire price bracket of seat selection options torn out in favor of new box seating is infinitely worse, in my opinion, but that's just me

I HIGHLY doubt those were the reasons the equipment sale was cancelled and the practice was thrown together at the last minute.  Devils have a history of making promises they cannot keep.

#56 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Yesterday, Prudential Center was pleased to announce that Former North American and Russian hockey greats will face-off in a Charity Game Benefitting Mary Pat Christie’s Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund.

Join us on April 13th for this one-of-a-kind event to see greats such as Ken Daneyko, Bruce Driver, Grant Marshall, Jim Dowd, and Sergei Brylin, among others, facing off against a squad of Russian legends including Vyacheslav Fetisov, Alexei Kasatonov, Valery Kamensky, Alexey Yashin and Darius Kasparaitis. The Devils Alumni squad will be joined by fellow alums Bob Carpenter, Billy Guerin, Claude Lemieux, Randy McKay, Stephane Richer and Brendan Shanahan. Skating with the Devils will also be NHL Legends Ron Duguay, Brian Leetch and Brian Propp.

As a part of your Season Ticket Holder Tuesday perk, center ice tickets have been reserved for you at 50% off! Tickets go on sale today at 11am.

Click here to purchase and use code HOCKEY!

And as an even bigger perk, make a “Day Of Hockey” out of it. Last week, you were invited to a Hockey 101 with Dano, Chico and other Devils alumni at The Rock. That event will also be taking place on April 13th from 10:30am – 11:30am on the main ice, just before the Global Hockey Legends Charity game. You can still RSVP to Hockey 101 by filling out this form no later than Thursday, April, 4th. Your Hockey 101 tickets will be emailed to you a few days before the event.

Your Fan Experience Team

SHOCKER!!

This isn't working either!

#57 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

SHOCKER!!

edit... *deleted*

I responded too harshly

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 02 April 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#58 devils744

devils744

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

SHOCKER!!

Just pulled section 8 row 14 for the $20 half price tickets.

Edited by devils744, 02 April 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#59 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

It finally worked, but it took about 15 minutes for tickets to show up

#60 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

I don't think anyone has been talking about these lately but these started off good but the last few have been horrendous. I believe last weeks was free WNBA tickets and then this weeks was to go see Jersey Boys with Daneyko or Grant Marshall for $88 bucks a ticket. Horrendous idea.

You are forever complaining about the Devils and any kind of perks they give, whether good or bad.

Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users