242 replies to this topic

#221 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

These comparisons between the 05-06 team and this team are moot. Tri, completely went off on a tangent with something I never mentioned.

All I said was it would be nice if this team went on a season ending win streak like they did in 05-06.

There's no point in comparing them. They are 2 totally different Devils teams.

I'm bored and I'm tired of talking about this game.   The sh!ttyness of that game puts this one in perspective a little bit, I guess.   Destroyed for 30-40 minutes, Gomez scores a fluke ass goal from outside the circles with 20 seconds left, and they somehow frigging manage to lose.   All because of Brad Lukowich.

#222 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

I'm bored and I'm tired of talking about this game.   The sh!ttyness of that game puts this one in perspective a little bit, I guess.   Destroyed for 30-40 minutes, Gomez scores a fluke ass goal from outside the circles with 20 seconds left, and they somehow frigging manage to lose.   All because of Brad Lukowich.

don't forget madden who for some reason decides to win the faceoff back giving Carolina a free dump in instead of going forward with it

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#223 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,617 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Oh, how nostalgia colors our perspective - this team is better.  Matvichuk wasn't good, Klee sucked, Rafalski isn't much better than Zidlicky, and no one's brought up the atrocious line of Parise-Brylin/Kozlov-Marshall that played far too many minutes.  

And Tallinder is better than any of the D on that team save Rafalski and *maybe* Paul Martin.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#224 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

I didn't see the game, as I was at my internship tonight. However, I followed along during the 2nd and 3rd periods play for play on my bus ride home. It took every ounce of restraint in my body to not put my fist through the window when I saw that Tampa tied it with 15 seconds left. This game infuriated the living fvck out of me something fierce. Anytime you blow two 2-goal leads- one with 15 fvcking seconds left mind you- to a team that just fired their coach and fvcking blows in the midst of a playoff race, its pretty much unacceptable, injuries or no injuries. From what I was able to ascertain, DeBoer had Gionta out against Stamkos all night. I mean... Huh? And Volchenkov and Harrold can also go fvck themselves too. Tri is right, Tallinder should be back in the minute he gets the green light. What a piece of sh!t loss. They better beat Florida tomorrow or I might have a stroke. This one really hit a nerve. They fvcked away a big point tonight.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#225 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

Oh, how nostalgia colors our perspective - this team is better.  Matvichuk wasn't good, Klee sucked, Rafalski isn't much better than Zidlicky, and no one's brought up the atrocious line of Parise-Brylin/Kozlov-Marshall that played far too many minutes.  

And Tallinder is better than any of the D on that team save Rafalski and *maybe* Paul Martin.  

Rafalski is a ton better than Zids.   Both ends of the rink.    And I don't think Rafalski is anything spectacular defensively.

Only advantage I would give Zidlicky is that he can score when he plays impromptu forward.

#226 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Real sad, how many times are they going to throw away games, I'm getting to the point if they are ahead in the third I'm waiting for them to lose the game.
And Lou will do nothing about it. I would be shocked if we make the playoffs, and if we do 1st round! If we're healthy maybe 2nd round and its golf time. Sorry guys losing faith! I know I'm suppose to always beleive but I think Lou is thinking too much about next year and how to resign ufa !

#227 leeski

leeski

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

People always talk about our depth on D, especially in development, but quality is better than quantity. I'm personally not impressed.

#228 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

The blame goes to Hedberg. His replscement isn't doing so great.
Devils 2-6 and Marty is 0-3 in shoot outs this season.

Edited by LucifersDog, 30 March 2013 - 04:51 AM.

#229 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

SO is all on Marty - he hasn't scored on a single SO attempt all year.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#230 munichdevil

munichdevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

You have to wonder why Loktionov doesn't start in the shootout. The guy has enough skill to daze any goalie, a good shot and he is hot. Zajac on the other hand... 5 goals in 34 games says it all. Clarkson has 2 in his last 20. 

#231 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,273 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

Did you see Loikotonov's shootout attempt in Ottawa?  That was beyond terrible.  They don't have anyone that knows what they're doing in the skills competition.  Marty's right, they need to practice it this year.  They don't have Kovy or Parise who can fall out of their bed and score shootout goals, or a Marty/Moose that actually make most of the SO stops.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#232 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

This game should never have gotten to a shootout in the first place, or second place for that matter.  Since it's NCAA tournament season I'll use one of Charles Barkley's favorite phrases to summarize this game:

turrible.jpg

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 30 March 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#233 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

thank goodness we play again tonight, hopefully it will get the vomit taste out of the mouth quickly.

Harrold was AHL material last night after a string of really good games  he looked small and lost

fayne was very rustly looking, volch and sal have aboubt 5 mins of quality nhl play in them now.  (sal actually had 4 strong behind the net get-outs in the last 3 mins)  but the icing strategy backfired

besides the tip in trys from point shots what is clarksons game right now??????

is henrique a 2nd liner or a 4th ????

whoever made the limited range shortstop comparison with gio was spot on

kovy zubie tallinder and JJ PLEASE!

#234 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Henrique hasn't been generating anything for the whole season. He is getting opportunistic goals, he actually looked lost with Dags and Lokti last night. He needs to step up. As for Clarkson, he needs to get away from Elias and Zajac when we get our depth back.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#235 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

I missed period 1 and half of period 2, however for the second half of the game that I did get to see i was overly annoyed, I don't understand how you can blow an entire game like that when your winning by two goals half way threw the third. I hate to say it but devils hockey is becoming bad for my blood pressure lately!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#236 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

someone mentioned and i think, if healthy, and knowing gionta will not get out of the lineup, this is what i'd like to see:

ponikarovsky-loktionov-kovalchuk

elias-zajac-d'agostini

zubrus-henrique-clarkson

carter-gionta-bernier

obviously i'd prefer josefson for gionta but i just don't see that happening.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#237 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,273 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

someone mentioned and i think, if healthy, and knowing gionta will not get out of the lineup, this is what i'd like to see:

ponikarovsky-loktionov-kovalchuk

elias-zajac-d'agostini

zubrus-henrique-clarkson

carter-gionta-bernier

obviously i'd prefer josefson for gionta but i just don't see that happening.

Flip Poni and Zubrus and I'll go along with that.  Poni cannot hang with Lokti/Kovy.  At least Zubrus would give the first line a physical presence they need and a 'little' bit more offensive skill.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 30 March 2013 - 10:43 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#238 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

How is everyone ready to throw Gionta under the bus? Blowing the game was a team effort, though I have a specific gripe with Volchenkov last night. But if there's any forward worth picking on I have to say it's Kostopulous. I realize the timing is a little bad, but what does this guy bring? He's supposed to be a grinder/tough guy? I haven't really seen anything spectacular he's done to get embedded in the lineup that Barch can't, and Barch is a way better fighter. But I don't think we need any more toughness in the lineup, we need goals, I'd rather see Pesonen in there.

And the powerplay,it was decent last night, but looking at the whole Kovyless, and for that matter the PP with Kovy it's been pretty bad. So managing without Kovy I have an idea. Why don't we put Greene and Zidlicky on the points. My reasoning is this, I don't think we have a forward that is capable of quarterbacking the powerplay as well, or even the same way as Kovy. But Greene and Zids have made some great things happen from the point, plus having Zidlicky back there is like half having a forward, so why the hell not? Alright sorry for the long post, just had a few things I wanted to get off my chest before I explode thinking about last nights game.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#239 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

How is everyone ready to throw Gionta under the bus? Blowing the game was a team effort, though I have a specific gripe with Volchenkov last night. But if there's any forward worth picking on I have to say it's Kostopulous. I realize the timing is a little bad, but what does this guy bring? He's supposed to be a grinder/tough guy? I haven't really seen anything spectacular he's done to get embedded in the lineup that Barch can't, and Barch is a way better fighter. But I don't think we need any more toughness in the lineup, we need goals, I'd rather see Pesonen in there.

And the powerplay,it was decent last night, but looking at the whole Kovyless, and for that matter the PP with Kovy it's been pretty bad. So managing without Kovy I have an idea. Why don't we put Greene and Zidlicky on the points. My reasoning is this, I don't think we have a forward that is capable of quarterbacking the powerplay as well, or even the same way as Kovy. But Greene and Zids have made some great things happen from the point, plus having Zidlicky back there is like half having a forward, so why the hell not? Alright sorry for the long post, just had a few things I wanted to get off my chest before I explode thinking about last nights game.

Because he is terrible.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#240 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Gio is terrible. I think it's more that PDB is having Gio play in situations he shouldn't be playing in; PKs and that last minute 6 on 5.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users