242 replies to this topic

#141 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

No idea why Larsson gets the scratch so Volchenkov can stink up the joint. Do teams ever really drop a game of a coachs debut though? Just our luck
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#142 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

A power play goal, a short handed goal, a goal by a defenseman, and a penalty shot goal by Tom f'ing Kostopoulos...and they still can't win.  Simply astounding.  

#143 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Lol at everyone jumping off the cliff.

Yeah it sucks we are giving up points but we still have a nice little cushion. Hopefully they get a win tomorrow and lets see where this team is at when Zubrus returns next week. This team will be good when everyone gets back. Have to keep getting points.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#144 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

No idea why Larsson gets the scratch so Volchenkov can stink up the joint. Do teams ever really drop a game of a coachs debut though? Just our luck

Larsson has been pretty bad too

Yeah it sucks we are giving up points but we still have a nice little cushion. Hopefully they get a win tomorrow and lets see where this team is at when Zubrus returns next week. This team will be good when everyone gets back. Have to keep getting points.

the only thing this little cushion guarantees is that we are not out of the top 8 by tomorrow. 5 points is a nice little cushion...not 3.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#145 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,169 posts

You knew they were going to lose this game the minute it hit OT. Absolutely clueless in the shootout.

Gio needs to be sent back to the minors where he belongs, and Volch needs to be bought out or traded.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#146 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

The defense is perfectly healthy.   The forwards created enough offense in this game, the defensive play was fvcking disgusting.   Stamkos literally must have been invisible.    You cannot play defense like that in zone or in transition.   It was a joke.

#147 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Larsson has been pretty bad too

the only thing this little cushion guarantees is that we are not out of the top 8 by tomorrow. 5 points is a nice little cushion...not 3.

Thats why its a little cushion. ;)

believe-zubrus.jpg

#148 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

This team is fvcking tiring.

Put food on my family

#149 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Who wants to take the trip with me to Albany to return Gionta?

#150 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

In what reality is 2 points a cushion? Granted the Rangers have been sucking as well, but come on.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#151 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

The defense is perfectly healthy.   The forwards created enough offense in this game, the defensive play was fvcking disgusting.   Stamkos literally must have been invisible.    You cannot play defense like that in zone or in transition.   It was a joke.

Ok they had a bad game tonight against a really good offense. Our defense has been playing great over the last few weeks. Defense is the last ting I am worrying about.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#152 fsu1852

fsu1852

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Broduer has been bad these past two games. He made some great saves tonight but let it alot if sh!t and the shootout was pathetic. Last game he lets in 2 on 14 shots and tonight 4 on 25 shots. Goaltending has really been the bane of this teams existence this season.

Everyone jumps on Moose, but six goals on 39 shots is not good at all

#153 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Fine, this is all Hedbergs fault!...right?
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#154 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

In what reality is 2 points a cushion? Granted the Rangers have been sucking as well, but come on.

3 points above the Isles with the same amount of games played is a little cushion. You guys overreact wayyyy too much.

EDIT: so if we got another point tonight that would make the difference right?  4pts...3point cushion on 9th, my goodness what a difference! Win tomorrow, get at least a point on Monday and we are in good shape. Ill come back scared if we lose both in regulation.

Edited by Zubie#8, 29 March 2013 - 09:30 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#155 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Why are we jumping on gionta here?? We scored 4 points, we can't ask for much more than that offensively

.. Unless of course we talk about the SO, but you know what I mean

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#156 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

I don't even know with this team. I almost want Lou to sell, not buy, on the deadline. The sooner this sub-par defense gets flushed out of the system the better.

believe-ll.jpg

#157 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

That was one of the worst losses I can remember in awhile.   They basically committed suicide on ice.   Of course because it's the East, it won't matter.   Until Boston slaughters them

They had a worse one last year in the first round and bounced back from that.

Just beat the ****ing Panthers tomorrow, please - and then beat the damn Islanders on Monday.  I don't give a **** whether it's Markstrom, Clemmsensen or Theodore in a full body cast.

Why are we jumping on gionta here?? We scored 4 points, we can't ask for much more than that offensively

.. Unless of course we talk about the SO, but you know what I mean

Gionta was on the ice for THREE goals, including the game-tying goal.  Of course so was Volch/Harrold.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#158 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Ok they had a bad game tonight against a really good offense. Our defense has been playing great over the last few weeks. Defense is the last ting I am worrying about.

Or course it has.    And that's not a really good offense.   It's Steve Stamkos, the guy they didn't mark all night.

#159 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

3 points above the Isles with the same amount of games played is a little cushion. You guys overreact wayyyy too much.

Are you really surprised that people are pissed after a game where we blew two 2-goal leads to the freaking Lightning? This is the SOFT part of the schedule. You gotta beat these teams, especially when you go up by two...TWICE. No excuse for this one.

oKCiNj.jpg

#160 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

That's not 'that' much of a cushion lol, especially since they play us on Monday.  That's practically a must-win game now.  So is tomorrow for that matter.  All these points given up to **** teams are going to bite us sooner or later if we don't clamp down.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 29 March 2013 - 09:30 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users