Posted Image

#2 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

He really doesn't know how to handle adversity. He's been a downer during the postgames like this for a few good weeks, doesn't help the locker room I'm sure.

#3 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

They can't all be chill like Marty.

Not to derail the thread, but that's probably one of Marty's greatest assets, if you ask me.  He's ridiculously strong mentally, I don't think I've seen him give a negative presser or get down on himself many times.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#4 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

He really doesn't know how to handle adversity. He's been a downer during the postgames like this for a few good weeks, doesn't help the locker room I'm sure.

He is pretty much the same after a loss in a good season. He's always fuming after a loss.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#5 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

I don't blame him, hes great, his team sucks. Same story just another year.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#6 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

maybe he should wear larger pads, he could stop more pucks that way

I mean, he does wear the smallest ones around the league as is....

[yeah couldn't type that with a straight face]

Edited by jagknife, 29 March 2013 - 02:58 PM.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#7 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Got to love Glen Sather.  Don Maloney brings them back to respectability by building a pretty good talent pool while eschewing the star player trap.   And since Maloney left the talent pool is tapped out and Sather has destroyed the team concept by going back to his failed star laden system.   Nash, Richards and Gaborik with no support.  If it wasn't for Lunquvist they would be 30th in the league.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#8 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Rangers are worried Lundqvist might have suffered a concussion in Ottawa.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1302091

BDrhGZ5CMAADZM5jpglarge_zpsf19900ea.jpg

Edited by Zubie#8, 29 March 2013 - 05:16 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#9 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

henrik - 'it's over'

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#10 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Got to love Glen Sather.  Don Maloney brings them back to respectability by building a pretty good talent pool while eschewing the star player trap.   And since Maloney left the talent pool is tapped out and Sather has destroyed the team concept by going back to his failed star laden system.   Nash, Richards and Gaborik with no support.  If it wasn't for Lunquvist they would be 30th in the league.

won't have to worry about sather anymore, he was going to have prostate cancer surgery. i'm guessing he won't be around much longer.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#11 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

If the Rags continue playing Lundqvist with these concussion symptons then they're truly at the Met level of idiocy. But Lundqvist has to stop deliberately headbutting pucks.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#12 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

he should step up and lash out at his team. he is carrying his team to the best of his ability with no help at all

Edited by grcenter47, 30 March 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#13 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Why are we talking about Lundqvist? fvck him and fvck the Rangers.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#14 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,392 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

Why are we talking about Lundqvist? fvck him and fvck the Rangers.

Yup. The more tortured I see the "King With No Rings" and Tortarella the happier I am.

Screw 'em
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#15 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

I can't wait for 2 years when he opts for FA

Devils.

#16 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

They can't all be chill like Marty.

Not to derail the thread, but that's probably one of Marty's greatest assets, if you ask me.  He's ridiculously strong mentally, I don't think I've seen him give a negative presser or get down on himself many times.

I've always felt that the one thing that Marty had that Roy and Hasek didn't was his head. He makes his teammates better, he's calm, he's good in the locker room. He obviously brings a lot on the ice, but it's his intelligence, poise, and ability to work in the locker room that makes him special. How many times have we seen him sh!t the bed in the first, only to settle down and lead the comeback in the second and third? He's special, in a way we'll never see again.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#17 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

I've always felt that the one thing that Marty had that Roy and Hasek didn't was his head. He makes his teammates better, he's calm, he's good in the locker room. He obviously brings a lot on the ice, but it's his intelligence, poise, and ability to work in the locker room that makes him special. How many times have we seen him sh!t the bed in the first, only to settle down and lead the comeback in the second and third? He's special, in a way we'll never see again.

Well put. I think a lot of people don't realize that.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#18 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

In fairness, even if Roy could be more emotional, it's not like that hurt him on the ice...lots of postseason wins and multiple Cups.  He put that '93 Canadiens team on his back.  Roy was plenty special, even if it was in a different way than Marty.

And calm, cool, collected Marty has been rattled at times in his postseason career...not like he's ALWAYS calm, cool, and collected. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#19 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

In fairness, even if Roy could be more emotional, it's not like that hurt him on the ice...lots of postseason wins and multiple Cups.  He put that '93 Canadiens team on his back.  Roy was plenty special, even if it was in a different way than Marty.

I'm not bashing Roy. IMO he was better than Marty, but Marty, for example, would never have left NJ the way Roy left Montreal. He would be working on improving that d, and wouldn't flip out on a coach, even one who had fvcked up and left him out there on a bad night.

Edited by mouse, 01 April 2013 - 06:28 AM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#20 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Not to turn this into a Roy/Marty debate, but in fairness to Roy, I think playing in Montreal can definitely wear one down after awhile...let's face it, being a Canadien is an entirely different beast than being a NJ Devil.  Roy managed to thrive under that spotlight for a very long time.  Marty himself pretty much admitted in his book that he didn't really want any part of the fishbowl lifestyle that comes with playing for the Canadiens.  Who knows how Marty would've handled playing there for as many years as Roy did?   

I think Marty and the NJ Devils ultimately complemented each other perfectly...as far as a player/franchise relationship goes, you'd be hard-pressed to find one that felt more right and meant to be than this one. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users