141 replies to this topic

#101 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

anybody also notice that the "icing" that set up the faceoff in our end with 30 seconds was complete BS as well. The florida defender ticked the puck as it went by him

Carolina's still lurking around too, with all those games in hand although they just came off a long losing streak themselves.

The Devils have won four regulation games in their last twenty, that's god-awful (6-8-6 overall, two SO wins).

yea. Carolina I can never count out. But we're 5 up on them and they don't exactly have an easy schedule. Plus Peeters in net

On the plus side though, when we lose we still find a way to get points out of it...however bad they look

But 4 regulation wins in their last twenty is horrific. That's mid 80's bad

Edited by '7', 30 March 2013 - 10:28 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#102 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I have a broken closet door now thanks to these worthless a$$holes.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#103 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Where the hell is our first and second line? Our grinders and defense has been doing all the scoring.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#104 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Where the hell is our first and second line? Our grinders and defense has been doing all the scoring.

Clarkson killed Zajac and Elias.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#105 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,437 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

lol thank goodness I'm usually not destructive.  The worst I ever did in terms of lashing out physically was punch a wall when Blowenweis gave up a HR in Game #162 to kill the Mets in '08.  I punched it with the side of my fist though so I wasn't going to break anything.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 30 March 2013 - 10:35 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#106 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Clarkson killed Zajac and Elias.

Elias isn't exactly making intelligent decisions with the puck, either.

Granted Clarkson is passing to literally vacant ice, Elias isn't taking chances with his shots anymore either.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#107 maniacdevsdude

maniacdevsdude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Here comes Mr. Positive. ;)

For the second straight night we have increased our 'cushion' on 8th-9th place. Big game Monday.

I still think this team has another level when fully healthy, make the playoffs and hope for the team to be healthy by then and anything can happen.

I agree. This team will be just fine once we enter the playoffs. Everyone is getting their panties in a twist over nothing. Lou has all the pieces in place in order for this team to make a successfull run. We're just hitting a snag with these sh*tty Florida teams.

#108 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

I agree. This team will be just fine once we enter the playoffs. Everyone is getting their panties in a twist over nothing. Lou has all the pieces in place in order for this team to make a successfull run. We're just hitting a snag with these sh*tty Florida teams.

this team is no lock to make the playoffs. God help us if the Rags ever get hot

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#109 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

and Ottawa, and [recently] the Rangers, the Canadiens, blah blah blah. Yea, I'm VERY over-generalizing.

What scares me is how badly certain pieces have LITERALLY fallen off the face of the earth and how it seems like a player or two a game forget how to play the game of ice hockey.

#110 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Watched Wild tonight. Parise was worth more than goals. This team has no heart and enthusiasm

#111 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

this team is no lock to make the playoffs. God help us if the Rags ever get hot

I think the Islanders and Hurricanes are the ones to worry about. Those are the only two teams that can bump us out. But like you said if we win Monday then the Devils are in a really good position.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#112 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

It looks almost like laziness sometimes on the ice or carelessness like they aren't completely paying attention.. And then in certain areas they just completely suck.. Yet there was almost nobody that attended the optional morning skate., i don't get it.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#113 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Watched Wild tonight. Parise was worth more than goals. This team has no heart and enthusiasm

Oh please don't start that... Yes I agree we're missing something [cough heart cough cough] but Parise was an empty uniform after the 1st round of the playoffs and they did just fine.

#114 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Oh please don't start that... Yes I agree we're missing something [cough heart cough cough] but Parise was an empty uniform after the 1st round of the playoffs and they did just fine.

Not talking about his offensive contributions. I'm talking about his intangibles.

#115 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

lol thank goodness I'm usually not destructive.  The worst I ever did in terms of lashing out physically was punch a wall when Blowenweis gave up a HR in Game #162 to kill the Mets in '08.  I punched it with the side of my fist though so I wasn't going to break anything.

My doors slide on tracks. I winged a slipper at the door from close range after the OT goal and it knocked the door right off the track. Now I have to pick the door up and move it to get in my closet. Maybe next time I should just count to 10 or something lol.

#116 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Not talking about his offensive contributions. I'm talking about his intangibles.

The intangibles like having a captain actually worth something and not playing like complete sh!t.
Put food on my family

#117 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

My doors slide on tracks. I winged a slipper at the door from close range after the OT goal and it knocked the door right off the track. Now I have to pick the door up and move it to get in my closet. Maybe next time I should just count to 10 or something lol.

You threw a slipper that hard!? That made my night. :clap2:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#118 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

You threw a slipper that hard!? That made my night. :clap2:

. Yeah, I was really fvcking pissed. I threw it like it stole something from me lol.

#119 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

I didn't watch it today so I can kinda laugh at it.    I'm gonna guess they don't practice endgames either.

The east is so bad we're picking up points on direct competitors by losing 3 games in a row.  LOL.    

#120 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Havent post at all during and after the last 2 games.....

And u know what... Ill keep it that way lol

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users