141 replies to this topic

#121 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

I didn't watch it today so I can kinda laugh at it.    I'm gonna guess they don't practice endgames either.

The east is so bad we're picking up points on direct competitors by losing 3 games in a row.  LOL.    

Apparently they don't practice sh!t. Practice involves pizza parties and afterwards golf and hookers.

#122 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Apparently they don't practice sh!t. Practice involves pizza parties and afterwards golf and hookers.

Leave the hookers out of it. At least they give 100% every night. They're good at what they do. 

815631765.gif

#123 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Leave the hookers out of it. At least they give 100% every night. They're good at what they do. 

Hookers are like hockey players... The less teeth they have the better they are

www.SterioDesign.com

#124 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Hookers are like hockey players... The less teeth they have the better they are

:rimshot:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#125 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

I think the Islanders and Hurricanes are the ones to worry about. Those are the only two teams that can bump us out. But like you said if we win Monday then the Devils are in a really good position.

Big IF. Especially, considering how tough Islanders play us. The frustrating part it seems with this Devils team it seems like it's always something that goes south. Either the oppponents score first for like 10 games in a row then Devils play pretty well then come up short, or they tie a game and miss thousands of chances before losing in shootout, or they get a lead and blow it - just never seems to be easy.

#126 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

DEVS: league leading 8 OTLs. Anyone see the $50 million man, Zajac?  I can't find him.

#127 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Wow again! Loss for words we suck right now! This is on the coaches

If we could only get Reid Bouchier up here, he look like he is going to be real good, him and Merrill, bring on next year already!
Because grandpa Lou ain't doing nothing this year!

Edited by Devs1965, 31 March 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#128 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Zajac is disappointing, it's really unfortunate.  He looked really good in the playoffs last year, I thought he was due for a career year.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#129 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

Zajac's slow skating has really become apparent this year. Can't believe he's getting 50 mill.

Edited by devlman, 31 March 2013 - 02:54 AM.

#130 munichdevil

munichdevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Amazing, every night they find a different way to lose.  

#131 leeski

leeski

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

Nothing more refreshing than seeing another pathetic end game collapse. This team has a deficit of skill and heart.

#132 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Whenever a team is skidding, the easy thing to do is to point to heart or desire and claim the team has little to none of it.  I disagree.

The team talent-wise just isn't very good right now...it wasn't well-equipped to handle losing Kovalchuk.  But they're 7-10-6 since that 8-1-3 start, and a good chunk of that 7-10-6 was with Kovy in the lineup.  When guys like Elias and Zajac aren't doing much offensively, and the Clarkson feel-good story is coming to an end...not hard to see where it's going.

Great that the Devils are keeping shots down most nights, because right now, that gives them the best chance to win games, because they don't score much, and their goaltending is pretty meh.  We all love Marty (well, most Devils fans do), but these days Marty isn't even a lock to stop 91% of the shots coming his way (and 91% is not terribly impressive).  He'll give us our share of vintage Marty moments, but the guy isn't a top puck-stopper anymore...he's 28th in save% this season, and his save% was .903 two years ago, .908 last season, and is now at .907 this season.  Not saying the Devils should bench him, especially for Hedberg (God-awful .886 this year), but the goaltending is more something the Devils have to overcome now, than to count on to bail them out.  The overall level of play from that position is pretty mediocre these days.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 31 March 2013 - 12:34 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#133 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

I dont know how many times the Devils were inches away from getting the puck out of our zone, but somehow managed to keep the puck in, causing an easy time for the other team to get scoring chances. (esp while we were on the PK and/or with their goalie pulled)

Edited by hargsy, 31 March 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#134 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Agree with this.

Whenever a team is skidding, the easy thing to do is to point to heart or desire and claim the team has little to none of it.  I disagree.

The team talent-wise just isn't very good right now...

Posted Image

#135 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

In theory yesterday was good for the Devils since everyone else lost. In theory...

#136 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

DEVS: league leading 8 OTLs. Anyone see the $50 million man, Zajac?  I can't find him.

It's actually nine now. 

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#137 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

The team talent-wise just isn't very good right now...it wasn't well-equipped to handle losing Kovalchuk.  But they're 7-10-5 since that 8-1-3 start, and a good chunk of that 7-10-5 was with Kovy in the lineup.  When guys like Elias and Zajac aren't doing much offensively, and the Clarkson feel-good story is coming to an end...not hard to see where it's going.

Great that the Devils are keeping shots down most nights, because right now, that gives them the best chance to win games, because they don't score much, and they're goaltending is pretty meh.  We all love Marty (well, most Devils fans do), but these days Marty isn't even a lock to stop 91% of the shots coming his way (and 91% is not terribly impressive).  He'll give us our share of vintage Marty moments, but the guy isn't a top puck-stopper anymore...he's 28th in save% this season, and his save% was .903 two years ago, .908 last season, and is now at .907 this season.  Not saying the Devils should bench him, especially for Hedberg (God-awful .886 this year), but the goaltending is more something the Devils have to overcome now, than to count on to bail them out.  The overall level of play from that position is pretty mediocre these days.

Excuse me, sir. But this is no time for logic and reason. 

Now, back to bringing up Reid Boucher and trading Harrold for Jagr... 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#138 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

It's hard to believe this team crested with the home-and-home in Pittsburgh.  Losing twelve games to non-playoff teams in six weeks, winning four regulation games out of twenty, winning one road game in six weeks...these are not the numbers of a 'good' team.  And I don't want to hear about injuries the last two nights either - look at the guys out of the Tampa and Florida lineups.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#139 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

It's hard to believe this team crested with the home-and-home in Pittsburgh.  Losing twelve games to non-playoff teams in six weeks, winning four regulation games out of twenty, winning one road game in six weeks...these are not the numbers of a 'good' team.  And I don't want to hear about injuries the last two nights either - look at the guys out of the Tampa and Florida lineups.

I believe this team has another level. It will come, hopefully just in time for the playoffs. ;)

Imagine we get Montreal in the first round, the team played them pretty well this year, and the Brodeur factor will be something to watch. You never know what can happen in the playoffs I just want them to make it in.

Edited by Zubie#8, 31 March 2013 - 09:31 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#140 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,927 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Amazing, every night they find a different way to lose.  

Cheer up....technically they're losing the SAME way every night :evil:

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users