17 replies to this topic

#1 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,790 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I guess we'll know more about this tomorrow, but the Devils sent Tim Sestito down, leaving them with 22 players and more importantly, only 12 healthy forwards.  It's a bit confusing because the trade deadline is Wednesday and tomorrow is the last game before then - after the trade deadline, rosters expand to being unlimited size.  So, as Sansa Stark said, speculating's more fun - the truth is either terrible or boring.

1:  The Devils WILL make a trade or acquire someone on waivers before then.  

Lou confuses me often, but do the Devils really need another player?  They're at 8 D.  While it sucks having to use dross like Sestito and Gionta, they get Zubrus back by at the latest, Saturday.  They're running short on tradeable draft picks, so the next move would probably have to include a player.

2:  The Devils are clearing space in case they are making a trade

This makes more sense - one doesn't know what the future holds but not having Tim Sestito on Monday won't kill the team.  Until then, they have roster flexibility.  Plus if someone was hurt in tomorrow's morning skate, they could use an emergency recall on them - I don't believe Sestito was originally an emergency recall.

3:  They're signing someone

KHL season is mostly over, Swiss season is coming to a close, maybe someone's available.  Petr Sykora doesn't seem to be getting much playing time for Bern, so that's probably not a target...

4.  Zubrus is making his return tomorrow night

DeBoer said later this week for Zubrus, and the Devils don't often make desperation moves.

5.  The Devils want to recall someone else other than Sestito and will slide them in before the deadline

Jacob Josefson is skating in Albany but hasn't been playing.  If no one's acquired, maybe he gets the call on Tuesday, and we can be saved from the Sestito-Gionta nightmare.

Edited by Triumph, 31 March 2013 - 10:25 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

I would guess Zubrus is playing.   What does one day of Tim Sestito cost anyway...  10K against the cap?

#3 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Was it last year or two years ago where Zubrus came back from injury without even having a full practice? I definitely remember him doing that.

Edited by Zubie#8, 31 March 2013 - 10:30 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#4 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,790 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

I would guess Zubrus is playing.   What does one day of Tim Sestito cost anyway...  10K against the cap?

Money is obviously not at all a concern.  And if they wanted to activate Zubrus and play him, they could've also done so today.

#5 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Tri I love the Sansa Stark reference.  LOL

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#6 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

My guess: Status Quo. Much Ado About Nothing.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#7 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,790 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

I also forgot that I think Sestito has to be on the Clear Day roster if he's to be eligible to play in the AHL playoffs, but Albany is 5 points out of a playoff spot with a game in hand and two teams to jump over - it's not impossible, but not easy either.

#8 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Money is obviously not at all a concern.  And if they wanted to activate Zubrus and play him, they could've also done so today.

Good point, and Albany isn't going anywhere this week that would require him being dumped up there for a bus trip.   Still think it's just Zubrus, though.

#9 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

Come on ZUUUUBRUUUUS. we need you bad buddy.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#10 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

while getting Zubs back should help on the ice and adjust our depth, i don't think it will be the boost people seems to believe... Ottawa is winning and ahead of us without spezza, karlsson, anderson, michalek... Pens without Letang, Malking, Crosby... chicago without hossa, etc etc etc

i don't think we can make a big case of not winning cause were missing zubrus. Cant wait to have him back though, he'll take that PK spot that some players shouldnt get

www.SterioDesign.com

#11 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

we are a slow moving power forecheck team, zubrus is the heart of that system. he will help tremendously. we were winning every game, ugly or not with him, and lost all the close ones after his injury.

though i think it's the sh!tty locker room music he provided that was the key to our success. 

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#12 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

we are a slow moving power forecheck team, zubrus is the heart of that system. he will help tremendously. we were winning every game, ugly or not with him, and lost all the close ones after his injury.

though i think it's the sh!tty locker room music he provided that was the key to our success. 

lol that'd make lots of sense haha

www.SterioDesign.com

#13 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

I also forgot that I think Sestito has to be on the Clear Day roster if he's to be eligible to play in the AHL playoffs, but Albany is 5 points out of a playoff spot with a game in hand and two teams to jump over - it's not impossible, but not easy either.

this makes the most sense. so my guess is that barch is in the lineup tonight and centers are 21, 19, 14, 11.

josefson playing tonight is my number 2 guess.

zubrus playing tonight is a distant 3rd.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#14 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

zubrus should practice today, but i doubt he will play, probably the next game.

martyb.jpg

#15 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Doubt zubrus will play tonight although we can hope.. Is there a practice today?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#16 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

welp - he's at practice and on a line w/ henrique and d'agostini so shows where my guesses can go.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#17 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Zubrus is playing according to Zubrus, mystery solved.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#18 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,408 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

My God will it be nice to have him back. Welcome back Zubes.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users