187 replies to this topic

#81 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

This will be 4 regulation wins in 21 now. But stand pat on Wednesday Lou, everything's cool.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#82 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

They also have no offense at all 5 on 5.

#83 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,667 posts

Good let the Rangers win, it seems as if actually losing a playoff spot is the only thing that'll get them going. They had that mini winning streak the last time they fell out. Might not be enough time the next time they fall out though.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#84 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

This will be 4 regulation wins in 21 now. But stand pat on Wednesday Lou, everything's cool.

Why should they be buying?   To get splattered by the Bruins?    If anything they should be selling

#85 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Anyone want to start Hedberg besides me?

#86 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Might as well stand pat, this ship ain't worth trying to save.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#87 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

We have no scoring. Mediocre defence, almost no productions from the D, were generaly slow, bad PP, mediocre PK, inconstant goaltending, our forecheck is nowhere near what it was last seasn, deboer is making questionable decisions every week. Were bad in OT and were terrible in SO.

Sorry not trying to be a downer or jump off a cliff but what can we built on in term of staying positive?

www.SterioDesign.com

#88 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Might as well stand pat, this ship ain't worth trying to save.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

#89 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,503 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

I'd honestly prefer Lou recognize what this team is, and act appropriately at the deadline.

And by that, frankly, I mean they should be sellers. Ditch as many of the D as you can for picks, create space for next year. This team is a loser team right now, I'd be very surprised if they make the playoffs.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#90 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Dude, seriously that first twenty minutes was totally noncompetitive. It was MacLean level bad. The fact DeBoer had to use his timeout in the first ten minutes twice in a week is a really bad sign. Like someone else said, it's generous to say they're playing like even a bubble team.

No they are playing terrible a lot of the time. Little flashes of competency here and there, but no confidence in their game at all. They were hanging on for a while, but Kovy going down seems to have knocked them off the cliff.

They could still back into the playoffs (probably will), but it won't be pretty with this kind of play.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#91 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'd honestly prefer Lou recognize what this team is, and act appropriately at the deadline.

And by that, frankly, I mean they should be sellers. Ditch as many of the D as you can for picks, create space for next year. This team is a loser team right now, I'd be very surprised if they make the playoffs.

I think that is a perfect idea. Trade some of the dead weight for picks since NJ has the draft. Bring up some of the younger talent from the AHL to give them some experience.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#92 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Gutless fvcking jerk-off team this is. They can all go fvck themselves.

#93 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Sure, it's the only the same team that went to the Cup finals last year minus Kovalchuk and Parise and with some of the worst goaltending in the league, but fvck em anyway. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#94 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Sure, it's the only the same team that went to the Cup finals last year minus Kovalchuk and Parise and with some of the worst goaltending in the league, but fvck em anyway. 

. Oh knock it the fvck off. I'm frustrated, and I'm venting. I fvcking hate it when people take every little fvcking thing literally.

#95 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Yeah...Fvckem :)
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#96 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

No they are playing terrible a lot of the time. Little flashes of competency here and there, but no confidence in their game at all. They were hanging on for a while, but Kovy going down seems to have knocked them off the cliff.

They could still back into the playoffs (probably will), but it won't be pretty with this kind of play.

They have one player left on IR. One. Granted the one is like half the offense but every team's got injuries.

The amusing part was when 19 guys stunk in the first period Clueless Clarkson was the only one actually playing well. Then when they actually played better Clarkson went back to being clueless. And was still getting double shifted. I kept checking Twitter to see who got hurt.

#97 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

I think Marty being out really hurt this team and Kovy being out was the death knell.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#98 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,361 posts

They have one player left on IR. One. Granted the one is like half the offense but every team's got injuries.

The amusing part was when 19 guys stunk in the first period Clueless Clarkson was the only one actually playing well. Then when they actually played better Clarkson went back to being clueless. And was still getting double shifted. I kept checking Twitter to see who got hurt.

Kostopolous

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#99 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Too many passes even when they're 5 on 5. They need to just take more shots. Everyone's always trying to make that last pass.

#100 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Does it matter, Marty?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users