#141 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

He is also playing without Parise.

I'm talking individual effort, he had a fire under his butt last year especially on the fore check or battling along the boards. He doesnt have it this year.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#142 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

He is also playing without Parise.

Henrique created chances last year and forechecked the sh!t out of opponents last year. It hasn't been there this year that much. Doesn't have anything to do with parise

#143 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

Henrique created chances last year and forechecked the sh!t out of opponents last year. It hasn't been there this year that much. Doesn't have anything to do with parise

It had something to do with it. Defenders had to respect Parise's scoring prowess.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#144 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,003 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

That time in the AHL probably put him into some bad habits.  Maybe it did the same for Larsson too, but I don't think we'll ever really know since he was scratched off the bat.  The merry-go-round defensive rotation's hurt the younger guys (Larsson, Fayne) to no end.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#145 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Lou doesn't need to make any drastic moves. The same pieces that nearly won the Cup last year, for the most part, are still there. We've just been plagued by injuries all year and it's affected the team in ways we couldn't anticipate. I'd prefer Lou be prudent like he usually is and not make moves for the sake of making them. There are teams that do that every year like the Rags and Phailures and look where it gets them. Let those loser teams win the headlines on ESPN. The Devils are still plenty in it. No need to panic.  :thumbsup:  On to Boston...

Am I going to be one to say it?

They're missing one pretty big piece, one pretty big player.  He-who-shall-remain-nameless, who set up seemingly half of Kovy's goals last year

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#146 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

They're missing one pretty big piece, one pretty big player.  He-who-shall-remain-nameless, who set up seemingly half of Kovy's goals last year

I know. We should have never moved Palmieri.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#147 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

It had something to do with it. Defenders had to respect Parise's scoring prowess.

Scoring prowess and Parise are two things that shouldn't be said in the same sentence. All of Parise's goals are garbage goals from 5 feet out. Yeah there is a skill to get those goals but defenders aren't "respecting" a player that jams his way to the front of the net to get a tap in goal.

#148 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

That time in the AHL probably put him into some bad habits.  Maybe it did the same for Larsson too, but I don't think we'll ever really know since he was scratched off the bat.  The merry-go-round defensive rotation's hurt the younger guys (Larsson, Fayne) to no end.

GImme a break.  He played 15 games there months ago

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#149 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

horrible. obviously horrible.

They LITERALLY beat the sh!t out of us.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#150 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Poor Kostopoulos, he was the only one who gave a sh!t in those first ten minutes and he payed the price for it.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#151 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Frustrating... Absolutely frustrating.. Im sorry i payed money to see that live.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#152 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

Yea tonight was embarrassing

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#153 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Adam Henrique has been generating absolutely NOTHING for the entire year, he has been fortunate with many opportunistic goals but he has to step his game up. Last year he was a forecheck machine this year he is complacent.

DOesn't he have pretty much the exact same shot rate this year? And not playing between two elite wingers will bring down your assist #'s when you're not a great playmaker like he's not. He's a winger unfortunately. 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#154 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

I'm glad I sold my tickets tonight so I could watch the final Raw before WrestleMania instead. I just got done watching the game and that performance was a joke.

#155 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

Just terrible. I don't know why I even bothered watching.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#156 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Our centermen have all sucked recently. Zajac is on a $50 mill contract and played like sh!t yet again (his assist was fortunate)

#157 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

I think Henrique used up all his magic last year in the playoffs.  He's whiffed on so many chances this year..it's really something else.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#158 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Our centermen have all sucked recently. Zajac is on a $50 mill contract and played like sh!t yet again (his assist was fortunate)

@TGfireandice: DeBoer said Zajac tried to play through a "flu virus" and was "throwing up all night."
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#159 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

. Oh knock it the fvck off. I'm frustrated, and I'm venting. I fvcking hate it when people take every little fvcking thing literally.

Last night was one of those nights for sure...I was plenty pissed myself.  It's a hard team to embrace...they've been ugly to watch for a while now and they can't score, which has a way of wearing patience thin. 

The most major concern for me at this point is the .897 team save% (and empty-netters are not factored into that stat...that is based on shots faced by live goalies).  There's no nice way to put it...that is terrible in this day and age.  Hedberg is at .886, Marty is at .905.  Can I realistically expect either goalie to do much better than that for the rest of the season?  Marty has put up a .9055 save% since the start of the '10-'11 season...yes, we all know how bad the '10-'11 season was, and who knows, maybe Marty has an extended stretch or two of .915-or-better kind of goaltending left in him...but I can't possibly expect that at this point.

Not trying to put this 7-11-6 valley all on Marty and Hedberg, but what it shows is that expecting either guy to stand on his head and somehow overcome the rest of the team's deficiencies is just way too much to ask.  That tandem might still have a servicable season left in them, but everything else has to be in place for that to happen.  Clearly right now, that's not the case. 

If I'm Lou, I definitely think about next season...the Devils need Kovy to have any real chance at anything, and there's simply too many guys who aren't getting it done offensively.  I know some will point to last season and say that it's basically the same team, but it's not like the goalies were 29 and 28 years old last season, and the NHL feels like a year-to-year league now more than ever.  Right now it's really hard to make a case for this being the Devils' year.  This may sound like blasphemy, but I wonder what kind of a market there is for Elias...if there was a team out there that was willing to give up something for him, If I'm Lou I at least listen.  And it's not like the Devils couldn't bring him back next season if they really wanted to, and if Elias was open to the idea.  Just thinking aloud...at this point I'm in favor of anything that might make the Devils a better team in '13-'14. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#160 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

To be completely honest i dont even know if i will watch the next game, if there is anything better on cable probably not. And i have not missed a game yet all season.

Edited by Sik02gt, 02 April 2013 - 06:18 AM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users