26 replies to this topic

#21 iceowl14

iceowl14

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Ross Barkley is one for the future no doubt; great addition for The Wednesday earlier in the season and for several matches the only one with his head screwed on. Would learn a lot about his game if he went to Man U, learning from the likes of Carrick, Giggs (and Scholes if he hangs about).

With recent events happening just this week, Everton should be chomping at the bit to get Mancini as their next manager.

Twitter: @IceOwl14

#22 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Sometimes I think meaning get lost in text....I'm certainly not even debating or implying that Evra or anyone at United is better than Baines. Of course Baines would be the starting LB - what I'm saying is I don't see them spending their money to upgrade LB when they have other more obvious needs and depth at that position.

Evra was fine this season and is a leader, Buttner will never amount to anything special but he's fine for those unimportant games when things get congested, Fabio was injured early on and for a decent amount of time at QPR which didn't help his case but he was impessive more often than not from what I gathered from QPR supporters online and watching a few of their games that made tv here. Have to think that Fabio isn't that far behind breaking out like Rafael did this year.

United has ton of depth along the back line. I think midfield is much more of a concern. Carrick is incredible but how much longer can they keep leaning on him so heavily? How much are they going to use Jones is a midfield role? Cleverley is a promising young player but still developing. Scholes is gone, Giggs isn't really an option in the center anymore, and Anderson is rumored to want out. Rooney never seemed comfortable playing midfield the few times they tried him this year.

With Moyes coming in, I think United could modify their approach somewhat and use Fellaini as a target man. Carrick is fantastic at distrubuting the ball from the back and is sound positionally. I think him and Fellaini could make quite the duo in the center of the pitch and complement each other well. I'd like to see that move because it improves them tactically and adds much needed depth.

Rooney departing certainly creates a hole up front but I don't think it's as big as the one in the middle. They are still fortunate to have van Persie, Chicharito, Kagawa, and Welbeck. Not trying to come across cocky but I feel confident in that group. If I had to pick 1 spot on this team to bring in a marquee player it would defintely be midfield and Fellaini would be my #1 choice.

Ah i see , sorry , i get it now, thats a fair enough point, although i think relying on Evra next year will be a push, Although he has been good this season,he really lost a step pace wise this year, and considering the way that United like to use width i would say they really could use Baines. Fabio in my oppinion just cant defend that well, he is well above average going forward, but he like Buttner, he is good for at least one mistake a game. Maybe if they do bring him back for the season they can put him on the wing. Valencia had a horrible season, Nani is more than likely off, if he can get a few starts there i think he could be effective. He will be competing with Zaha, but Wilf is going to need a whole season to adjust, becuase he has been horrilby incosisten for Palace this year.

As for midfeild for United, i think you will see a lot more of Nick Powell this year, he is a fantastic footballer. I just cant see Fellaini bringing anything to United. I dont think there will be such a transitional shift in Uniteds game, if they start playing long balls like Stoke you make the majority of the rest of the team ineffective. A much more sensible option would be trying to sign Nicolas Gaitan, much more of a United style player. To get the best out of him he wont play in the midle with Carrick, he will sit behind Van Persie, which means you are going to have to sit one of Rooney, Kagawa, Wlebeck or Hernandez.

I think Rooney stays, i dont thik there is much of a market for him really.

Ross Barkley is one for the future no doubt; great addition for The Wednesday earlier in the season and for several matches the only one with his head screwed on. Would learn a lot about his game if he went to Man U, learning from the likes of Carrick, Giggs (and Scholes if he hangs about).

With recent events happening just this week, Everton should be chomping at the bit to get Mancini as their next manager.

Nice idea about Mancini, although i think he would be a bit exposed without a colossal budget at his disposal.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#23 iceowl14

iceowl14

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Ah i see , sorry , i get it now, thats a fair enough point, although i think relying on Evra next year will be a push, Although he has been good this season,he really lost a step pace wise this year, and considering the way that United like to use width i would say they really could use Baines. Fabio in my oppinion just cant defend that well, he is well above average going forward, but he like Buttner, he is good for at least one mistake a game. Maybe if they do bring him back for the season they can put him on the wing. Valencia had a horrible season, Nani is more than likely off, if he can get a few starts there i think he could be effective. He will be competing with Zaha, but Wilf is going to need a whole season to adjust, becuase he has been horrilby incosisten for Palace this year.

As for midfeild for United, i think you will see a lot more of Nick Powell this year, he is a fantastic footballer. I just cant see Fellaini bringing anything to United. I dont think there will be such a transitional shift in Uniteds game, if they start playing long balls like Stoke you make the majority of the rest of the team ineffective. A much more sensible option would be trying to sign Nicolas Gaitan, much more of a United style player. To get the best out of him he wont play in the midle with Carrick, he will sit behind Van Persie, which means you are going to have to sit one of Rooney, Kagawa, Wlebeck or Hernandez.

Nice idea about Mancini, although i think he would be a bit exposed without a colossal budget at his disposal.

Zaha won't make his mark next season. Seemed a bit of a pointless signing for United. I reckon he'll be loaned out again. I also think Fellaini would be pointless signing, can't see him making any sort of impression in the side.

You could be right about Mancini at Everton. I don't know who will be favourite for the job though...maybe Steve McClaren?

#24 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

I haven't seen much of Powell but I've read a lot of praise for him. It'd be great to see him make a mark next year. I really don't know much about Nicolas Gaitan but I'll be sure to check youtube and google to learn a bit about him. Seems like he could be a solid option if Rooney ends up moving. I know some people hate using Kagawa on the left wing like MU did at times this year and Japan does but I think part of his value comes from being able to switch from behind RvP to that wide role and play both roles well.

Seems like Rooney's only potential suitor would be PSG if the reports/rumors of them willing to match his wages are accurate. No idea if he's open to going there though. Will be interesting to see what happens but I agree that he is likely to stay.

Zaha won't make his mark next season. Seemed a bit of a pointless signing for United. I reckon he'll be loaned out again. I also think Fellaini would be pointless signing, can't see him making any sort of impression in the side.

You could be right about Mancini at Everton. I don't know who will be favourite for the job though...maybe Steve McClaren?

Depending on the state of the wingers, I think Zaha could have a shot to contribute next year - even if he just gets limited action in something like League Cup matches and a few PL when the fixture list gets congested and then goes out on loan mid-year. Nani, Valencia, and Young all had down years and I wouldn't be shocked if Nani leaves this summer. I'm a huge fan of Valencia's and wonder how much injuries affected him last year. Never been much of a fan of Young.

OT: Ready for the Champions League Final on Saturday?

OT2: Did I tell you how much I hate my beloved Yankees are business partners with Manchester City now?

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#25 iceowl14

iceowl14

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

He'll definitely be out on loan, I hope Wednesday don't get him though haha.

Champions League final will be a good game. Some crazy plays during the semi-finals! Hard to call a winner at the moment!

That must suck to have a love/hate thing going there. Will you be boycotting the yankees in the meantime? Or singing some Man U songs when you attend? haha

#26 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

He'll definitely be out on loan, I hope Wednesday don't get him though haha.

Champions League final will be a good game. Some crazy plays during the semi-finals! Hard to call a winner at the moment!

That must suck to have a love/hate thing going there. Will you be boycotting the yankees in the meantime? Or singing some Man U songs when you attend? haha

It's a shame that Mario G├Âtze will miss the final. I'm still expecting a fantastic match though.

I'd never boycott the Yankees since they've been a part of my life ever since I was 6 years old. Part of being a fan of them is knowing that they will do whatever they can for a few extra $$$. It's just a tad bit annoying since they went from having a TV partnership with Manchester United when the Yankees started their channel (YES Network) and then they moved onto Arsenal. Now that they own a team with City, I wouldn't be shocked to see if City games now get broadcasted on YES. I am going to hate on NYCFC (as the team will be called) and I'll probably go to supporting Red Bull NY who play in NJ...I used to be a fan of there's years ago when they went by the MetroStars name.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#27 iceowl14

iceowl14

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Fair play I guess. All just business at the end of the day if it makes the team some extra cash, not much you can do as a fan and hopefully won't ruin the passion you have for them. If Carlos Teves suddenly started playing for the Yankees then I'd be a bit worried though! A couple of seasons ago Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United (The pigs...haha) had the same shirt sponsors which some fans didn't like, but at the end of the day if it's a good deal and keeps the team rolling in notes then what can you say?

I don't currently follow an MLS team, might need to research it before choosing although I do enjoy a redbull, and if they play in NJ that's a pretty good start!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users