253 replies to this topic

#21 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

The idiots on this forum jump ship after a bad loss every season. Don't worry, you're in good company with a parade of other idiots.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#22 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

Yeah, the team's playing pretty badly right now.

But threads like these are just..pointless.  Keep the bitching to the GDT.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#23 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

Why is it "We" suck anyway? What player are you?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#24 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

It is blank on my ipad as well, for some reason the videos sometimes don't show up.. But this team does suck cock... I hope something changes..kind of upset i spent money to see that bs in person tonight sh!t what a waste.

i knew I wasn't crazy.. Thanks

#25 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

The idiots on this forum jump ship after a bad loss every season. Don't worry, you're in good company with a parade of other idiots.

well one bad loss would be idiotic to jump ship about... but thats 22 bad loss with nothing positive to grab on... 

im not jumping ship but just saying.

www.SterioDesign.com

#26 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

i think its more so after the past 3-4 losses, there is obviously zero room for a slump being we just had one.. It doesnt take a genius to figure out the team is just not playing well if you arent blind you can figure that out.. Most likely where the "we suck" came from
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#27 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

I hope we are sellers at the deadline, losing to Tampa, Fla & the isles in 4 days is embarrassing!!  we should not be allowed int he playoffs after that disater.

seriously though, LL needs to be a seller, time to restock w/ picks & prospects, everything is available ( for the right price of course) IMHO except Marty.

Players I think most need to go:

Elias, Poni, Talinder Zid, Fayne, Salvador, Zubrus maybe even Zajak, and if at all possible I'd trade Kovy, doubt there are any takers for that ridiculous contract. 

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#28 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

This is 2 months of awful hockey, if you cannot see what is right in front of you nothing I can do to help...

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#29 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

I hope we are sellers at the deadline, losing to Tampa, Fla & the isles in 4 days is embarrassing!!  we should not be allowed int he playoffs after that disater.

seriously though, LL needs to be a seller, time to restock w/ picks & prospects, everything is available ( for the right price of course) IMHO except Marty.

Players I think most need to go:

Elias, Poni, Talinder Zid, Fayne, Salvador, Zubrus maybe even Zajak, and if at all possible I'd trade Kovy, doubt there are any takers for that ridiculous contract. 

not sure if serious? 

www.SterioDesign.com

#30 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

ibtl? please?

#31 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

On the bright side, I might be able to get some under $15 tix for the last few home games.

#32 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

not sure if serious? 

hope this is a joke..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#33 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Jump ship?? I watch every game with the hope that something positive will happen.  I am coming to the conclusion that without some serious changes we will continue to play like this.  So no sir, I am not jumping ship, just clearly stating the obvious...

On the bright side, I might be able to get some under $15 tix for the last few home games.

I actually was thinking the same thing.. Too funny

#34 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

NJ DEVS  My appologies again for jumping the gun and telling you that you suck too.. They need to update the website to show the videos on the phones.. The video is hilarious btw

#35 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'm almost always an optimist when it comes to the Devils, but we have such a lackluster roster, it's hard to be. When you watch teams like Chicago or Pittsburgh, for example, or even Montreal at times, it's easy to see we have a very subpar team. Yes, we went to the SCF last year, and yes, I think our roster could still play good hockey without Parise, but it's extremely fragile. If one of, a Zubrus or a Kovalchuk (obviously) or a Brodeur is out injured, we lose; it's become THAT simple.

Lou's philosophy has always been to build the team to win. But it's clear and obvious that we wouldn't be able to beat a Chicago or Boston (can't wait til Wednesday, yay!). We're not built to win. We couldn't beat a completely depressed Rangers side two weeks ago, we couldn't beat Tampa or Florida, and we obviously can't figure out how to get the Islanders this year. Who can we beat??

#36 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Not saying we'll break out of it, but this team isn't as bad as it's playing, especially since Kovy, you know, the best player, is injured. And yes, I know the slump started with Kovy healthy, but no Marty hurt then. If we do get hot, people better be ready to eat some crow. Again, they may not, and the short season doesn't help, but this team is neither as good as they were at the start nor as bad as they are right now.

Also, Marty played like crap in the first. So did everybody else, but by the time they woke up, they were down 2. We need a goalie who can hold the fort until they start playing with some confidence. IMO Marty will still do that a couple games. We can't really expect to come back from 2 down without Kovy.

Edited by mouse, 02 April 2013 - 09:57 AM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#37 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Missed you, Darth. Scary that you have to be the voice of reason now, but lately the board's gone overboard.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#38 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

I'm almost always an optimist when it comes to the Devils, but we have such a lackluster roster, it's hard to be. When you watch teams like Chicago or Pittsburgh, for example, or even Montreal at times, it's easy to see we have a very subpar team. Yes, we went to the SCF last year, and yes, I think our roster could still play good hockey without Parise, but it's extremely fragile. If one of, a Zubrus or a Kovalchuk (obviously) or a Brodeur is out injured, we lose; it's become THAT simple.

Lou's philosophy has always been to build the team to win. But it's clear and obvious that we wouldn't be able to beat a Chicago or Boston (can't wait til Wednesday, yay!). We're not built to win. We couldn't beat a completely depressed Rangers side two weeks ago, we couldn't beat Tampa or Florida, and we obviously can't figure out how to get the Islanders this year. Who can we beat??

If we beat Boston next week, how much you want to bet this forum will say we are the 2013 version of the 2012 Kings and will rule the playoffs?

This whole last 20 games have been pretty despressing, but I do not think the whole roster needs to be blown up.

#39 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

with the way this team is performing do you honestly think they have a chance at beating boston?.. i love the devils i hope they get it together.. but if they dont find a way to snap back it is what it is.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#40 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

If we beat Boston next week, how much you want to bet this forum will say we are the 2013 version of the 2012 Kings and will rule the playoffs?

This whole last 20 games have been pretty despressing, but I do not think the whole roster needs to be blown up.

I agree, the roster does not need to be blown up. I wouldn't characterize myself as part of the group of people overreacting a bit much, saying we need to firesale our roster, no way. But we need one key move to strengthen our forward depth. It only needs to be one player, one key difference-maker. We've had the extra D and some solid prospects to be able to trade for this key player, but we keep waiting and waiting, and it's starting to seem like it won't happen. We waited too long and now some of these questionable healthy scratches are being made that hurt our chances at, not only winning and playing well, but trading some players who were worth a considerable amount more a month or two ago on the trading block. Seeing a Larsson or a Fayne getting scratched from one game to the next is extremely frustrating, be it in the way the other players are playing, or simply because Fayne could've been a key piece to be able to trade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users