253 replies to this topic

#121 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,416 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Did not think it was possible, but we just got OLDER!!!

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#122 munichdevil

munichdevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Think positive! We got more experienced.  :giggle:

#123 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,416 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

First off I never said I trusted LL. However since no one on this forum has been the GM of an NHL that I know of, I tend to think he knows at least more than us.

Also this is not the first time you as well as others respond to a rough stretch with "TRADE EVERYONE!!! WE ARE OLD AND WE SUCK AND BLOW UP THE TEAM!!!"

Sometimes I wish we missed the playoffs more often the past 20 years as this fanbase is completely spoiled by success.

I have not said blow up the team in a real long time( maybe ever,  sure i have wanted players traded, but blwo up the team, no) becuase we have never been this OLD!!  Sorry but when you have more players on the downside of their careers then the upside you are in trouble.  Just 1 man's opinion....( of course its an easy opinion to have when you are the oldest team in the NHL and are 6-16 in your last 22 ganmes!!!

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#124 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

When fully healthy, we have a pretty good group of fwds, JJ included, (It's the same group really except lokti for parise) and a decent set of defensemen along with capable goalies. Time to start ramping up from the recent poor performances now.

#125 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

When fully healthy, we have a pretty good group of fwds, JJ included, (It's the same group really except lokti for parise) and a decent set of defensemen along with capable goalies. Time to start ramping up from the recent poor performances now.

Exactly. This team is playing below expectations. Now is the true test to see if they can pull it together.. This is the same exact team that got us to the finals (minus minny boy). Have a little faith. 

#126 maniacdevsdude

maniacdevsdude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

This is the same exact team that got us to the finals (minus minny boy). Have a little faith. 

Damn straight. And we don't need the prima donna Minny Boy. This roster is good to go. In fact, if Lou didn't make one significant acquisiton from now until next year, I'd be fine with it because I am confident that this group can get it done if they're all healthy. We still have Patty and Marty. As long as those two are wearing Devils red, I will never rule this team out.

#127 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

Damn straight. And we don't need the prima donna Minny Boy. This roster is good to go. In fact, if Lou didn't make one significant acquisiton from now until next year, I'd be fine with it because I am confident that this group can get it done if they're all healthy. We still have Patty and Marty. As long as those two are wearing Devils red, I will never rule this team out.

we still have patty and Marty yea, I too love them both but neither are really looking so hot at the moment not really helping this team out much
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#128 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,045 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

Exactly. This team is playing below expectations. Now is the true test to see if they can pull it together.. This is the same exact team that got us to the finals (minus minny boy). Have a little faith. 

Pretty big minus considering his team's in first place and ours is sinking like a stone.  And Kovy's also a non-entity until the playoffs, if there's even playoffs to come back to.

Who cares, guys like Sullivan and Kostopolous aren't going to be here beyond the next 15 games anyway.  They're not losing because they're old, aside from not getting good goaltending.  The 'younger' players on offense/defense aren't doing jack either though.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 April 2013 - 11:05 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#129 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

actually we are older this year, we are the OLDEST team in the league, and we have lost 16 of the last 22 games, if that makes you happy so be it..  I'm not, please someone explain to me what makes you optimistic about this team?

Last year we caught lightning in a bottle, we will be LUCKY to make the playoffs this year...

BUYOUTS!!!! Why must I keep saying this every time someone's whining about losing. Lou knows this season is more about not screwing up than winning. It's less important than next year, fact. He's not going to add salary because he wants to be one of the least salary handicapped GM in the league this offseason and I'd be beyond surprised if we did not add someone via UFA.

#130 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,416 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

BUYOUTS!!!! Why must I keep saying this every time someone's whining about losing. Lou knows this season is more about not screwing up than winning. It's less important than next year, fact. He's not going to add salary because he wants to be one of the least salary handicapped GM in the league this offseason and I'd be beyond surprised if we did not add someone via UFA.

I was not suggesting trading for a big salary, I was suggesting being a seller!!  anything over 30 was fair game as far as I'm concerned!!!

Disagree, our depth is what made us so good last year, the 4th line was unreal, those same players have spent time on the top 3 lines this year, that is not good...

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#131 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

I was not suggesting trading for a big salary, I was suggesting being a seller!!  anything over 30 was fair game as far as I'm concerned!!!

Disagree, our depth is what made us so good last year, the 4th line was unreal, those same players have spent time on the top 3 lines this year, that is not good...

this is true and not true... we finished with over 100pts... and for the major part of the season we had no 4th line at all. We got those guys together at the very end and they got hot for the playoffs.

but then yeah now we have those guys playing bigger roles and it shows that our depth is bad and some players are not having the season they had last year... 

it doesnt take a huge difference in production think about it... lets say a guy like Zach, zubrus had and sykora had 10 tight game winning goals all together... well thats 20 points in the standings and its not a big difference in their personal stats from a year to another to have maybe... 3-4 less goals... well 2 of those are gone and one is injured, its all about the timing 

www.SterioDesign.com

#132 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

I never said you suggested that. But what sense does it make to sell off everybody right now? We don't need to get rid of everything, just Volch, Sal, maybe Tally and now Sullivan. These are the guys I don't want here next year, even though I'm fine with them being here now. I do, however, understand that no one wants Volch with a NTC or Sal with a $3M cap hit. Tallinder was probably the best piece to move, with Fayne being the next one after that, since he'd actually bring a return.

Again though, why blow up the team, which you said you weren't suggesting in another post, but now have said anything over 30 is fair game, when you could hold off and retool with better option in the summer?

#133 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,416 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

I said this was the first time I have suggested blowing up the team, its not something I do everytime we have a bad month, but I do truly beleive we need to reconfigure this team, its way too old, Sal, Vol, Tal, Zid, Poni, Zub, Sully, Kost, & Barch should all go, along w/ Hed, Marty & elias can stay but all other I'd like to see gone next year...

Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#134 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

I said this was the first time I have suggested blowing up the team, its not something I do everytime we have a bad month, but I do truly beleive we need to reconfigure this team, its way too old, Sal, Vol, Tal, Zid, Poni, Zub, Sully, Kost, & Barch should all go, along w/ Hed, Marty & elias can stay but all other I'd like to see gone next year...

You can't be serious in wanting to dump Zubrus? That's ridiculous. He'll get less in his next contract and I bet he plays up to that contract.  Zid, does something no one else on our D can do, pass and shoot with accuracy. Green occasionally can and Larsson shows flashes of what he will be, but everyone else is retarded when it comes to this.

Barch is the best goon we've had since Rupp, so I assume we should find some other cheap player off the discount rack at wally world, since it's just that easy.

And reconfigure the team? Look at who is signed past next year, NO ONE. It's Zajac, Kovy, Green, Volch, Sal. Lets say we buy out Volch or Sal, that leaves 1 of the players you'd prefer to see gone, still on the team in two years. It's obvious Lou wants to re-tool and he's set it up so he'll be able to do so over the next couple years.

Are you that impatient?

#135 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

At least it was good suckage today! :yay:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#136 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

Well everything seems to be going according to plan.
All that's left now is for the Rangers to win the Cup & to decide what bridge I'm going to jump off of.
What an embarrassing season for this organization.
We finally start selling out games and this is what this team gives to the fans.
Appreciate the effort tonight but sorry..not good enough.
We deserve more.

I miss Parise. 

#137 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,256 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Well everything seems to be going according to plan.
All that's left now is for the Rangers to win the Cup & to decide which team I'm going to jump ship to.
What an embarrassing season for this organization.
We finally start selling out games and this is what this team gives to the fans.
Appreciate the effort tonight but sorry..not good enough.
We deserve more.

Fixed.

Not every season is going to be successful, and though I'll admit things are looking dicey right now (especially with Kovy out), this season isn't over YET.  7-12-6 is one fugly prolonged stretch, can't deny that, but last night at least suggests that they may be able to do enough to get into the playoffs, if frustration doesn't kill them first.  But sometimes it doesn't all come together. 

No, "you" don't deserve more.  Your team makes the playoffs damned near every season.  You've seen your team get to five Finals since '95.  Just look at the number of playoff games Marty has appeared in:  205!  That is a HELL of a lot of playoff games!  There's fans of other teams who probably would've killed for half that total since '93-'94, and just one Cup...hell, even just a Finals appearance! 

Hard to believe you'll be sticking by this team when the inevitable downturn comes (like some have pointed out, Lou will have some flexibility in the seasons to come, so he may be able to keep the Devils competitive for a while).  Pittsburgh looks like they'll be good for a while...maybe you should go root for them.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#138 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

I love how people pull put the "jump ship" comment whenever someone says the team is sucking. Are people that blind and ignorant? This is a horrible season, and people are making good points. We love our team and would never jump ship, but call a spade a spade for gods sake. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#139 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,256 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

I love how people pull put the "jump ship" comment whenever someone says the team is sucking. Are people that blind and ignorant? This is a horrible season, and people are making good points. We love our team and would never jump ship, but call a spade a spade for gods sake. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You didn't read my post correctly at all.

I've pointed out how bad the record has been over the last 25 games.  7-12-6 is awful.  At 15-13-9 overall, it's impossible to sugarcoat that the record isn't very good.

My beef with him is that he thinks he's entitled to better, and his tone in general.  Read what he wrote.  He seems to think the Devils should be successful and at the top of the league every friggin' year.  Just like he acts as though every single game in a winnable entity.  He threw sh!tfits after every single loss last season.    

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#140 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

You didn't read my post correctly at all.

I've pointed out how bad the record has been over the last 25 games.  7-12-6 is awful.  At 15-13-9 overall, it's impossible to sugarcoat that the record isn't very good.

My beef with him is that he thinks he's entitled to better, and his tone in general.  Read what he wrote.  He seems to think the Devils should be successful and at the top of the league every friggin' year.  Just like he acts as though every single game in a winnable entity.  He threw sh!tfits after every single loss last season.    

I was talking to someone just the other day who is a huge Yankees fan and was commenting about how silly a lot of other Yankees fans are being this year when everyone is predicting them to win less than 90 games this year.  Apparently a lot of Yankees fans are sh!tting their pants over this and he was talking about how most of the fans reacting this way were either too young or were not Yankees fans in the 80's and early 90's when they were at time pretty awful.

This applies to the Devils now where the ones going nuts are usually either too young or don't remember the Devils of the 80's and early 90's.  I remember when just making the playoffs were still a big accomplishment for the team.  Team has been pretty damn good for the past 15-20 years so to expect that level of play for eternity is silly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users