253 replies to this topic

#1 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Ok hate to be a hater but we suck. Not even sure how we are even relevant anymore this year. I want to have a positive attitude but its just not possible with this meltdown this season. Two years of bad decisions has finally caught up to us. Unless we make major changes this is the future of our team.

#2 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Ok hate to be a hater but we suck. Not even sure how we are even relevant anymore this year. I want to have a positive attitude but its just not possible with this meltdown this season. Two years of bad decisions has finally caught up to us. Unless we make major changes this is the future of our team.

No it's not. This off season, Lou has a lot of options on his hands concerning UFAs, calling up younger players and plenty of cap space.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#3 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

wow - this took an hour after the game for this thread. i'm impressed with the restraint.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#4 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

#5 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

wow - this took an hour after the game for this thread. i'm impressed with the restraint.

Well I could have posted it 52 seconds in.. I am just voicing the opinion of many. And I agree that we have a lot of young players in the making and we need to save Cap space. But we have signed a bunch of players who have done nothing. So how many times will this happen? Do we pay Clarkson next year? We signed two goalies and have no plan in place for when Marty leaves. Fact of the matter is we should have a young backup behind Marty now. Bad decision have caught up.. It's as simple as that.

#6 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

This just in: Water's Wet!!!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#7 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Well I could have posted it 52 seconds in.. I am just voicing the opinion of many. And I agree that we have a lot of young players in the making and we need to save Cap space. But we have signed a bunch of players who have done nothing. So how many times will this happen? Do we pay Clarkson next year? We signed two goalies and have no plan in place for when Marty leaves. Fact of the matter is we should have a young backup behind Marty now. Bad decision have caught up.. It's as simple as that.

they have oodles of cap space and won't spend to it.

they have two goaltenders that could conceivably back up marty next year as well as a market that will have plenty of backup fodder better than hedberg.

clarkson will get offered a contract that is higher than all of us like.

they haven't played as bad as their record after their hot start but they haven't been great and their goaltending has been abysmal. deboer's decision making has not been the best re: gionta and sal's contract and subsequent C have proven to be a terrible mistake.

it is what it is - a middle of the pack team that needs things to go right to win. they are what we thought they were.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#8 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Our young goalies are nothing to write home about. I have major concerns with that aspect of the future. The beginning part of our season was exactly what you said. Things were going in the right direction for us.. Puck isn't falling in our favor

#9 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#10 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Grow up NJDevs4978.. You suck just as much..

#11 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

lovely.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#12 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

lovely.

Well WTF.. Lets hit enter 10 times .. 5 year olds do that..

#13 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Unbelievable.  Start a dumbass thread then get personal.   Who can take this thread seriously when it started with 2 years of bad decisions?  Getting to the SCF was full of bad decisions?  Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Edited by StarDew, 01 April 2013 - 10:38 PM.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#14 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Unbelievable.  Start a dumbass thread then get personal.   Who can take this thread seriously when it started with 2 years of bad decisions.  Getting to the SCF was full of bad decisions?  Sheesh. :rolleyes:

lol it's pretty laughable when it's the thread-starter that's getting on me for posting a YouTube in the spirit of the thread :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#15 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

lol it's pretty laughable when it's the thread-starter that's getting on me for posting a YouTube in the spirit of the thread :P

Exactly. LOL

Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#16 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

223470580_YouMad_xlarge.jpeg

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#17 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Nj devs if I could take a screen shot of my phone it's just a blank area. Not a embedded YouTube link.. Post the link.. That's why I said that..

Thought u were being a jerk off

#18 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Nj devs if I could take a screen shot of my phone it's just a blank area. Not a embedded YouTube link.. Post the link.. That's why I said that..

Thought u were being a jerk off

post the link = grow up   Something got lost in translation. :blink:

Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

#19 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

post the link = grow up Something got lost in translation. :blink:

I am on my phone. iPhone and the embedded YouTube doesn't work on the phone on This site. Nothing got lost..

#20 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

It is blank on my ipad as well, for some reason the videos sometimes don't show up.. But this team does suck cock... I hope something changes..kind of upset i spent money to see that bs in person tonight sh!t what a waste.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users