159 replies to this topic

#121 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I love Loki but people are kidding themselves if they think he's better than Zajac or patty

Have you watched Zajac in the offensive zone this year? He's still a great defensive forward but offensively he is just not getting it done (been a bit better lately but overall stats are still way below where they should be). Loktionov has definitely been the better offensive center this season.

#122 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Have you watched Zajac in the offensive zone this year? He's still a great defensive forward but offensively he is just not getting it done (been a bit better lately but overall stats are still way below where they should be). Loktionov has definitely been the better offensive center this season.

I have watched Zajac and I agree he hasn't been that good but he's been getting his game back and we all know when Zajac is playing his game he's an excellent center. Loktionov has played like 18 games with us and has gotten crazy puck luck so far. I think Loki is a good center but if someone is saying you can have loktionov or Zajac on your team it should be obvious who you take, and it isn't loktionov.

#123 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Sullivan looked good on the Pens powerplay last year. Hopefully he can help ours.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#124 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Sullivan looked good on the Pens powerplay last year. Hopefully he can help ours.

he has a good shot good spped & is smart with the puck

he will be good on the powerplay.

im happy with this trade, will help us a little

Posted Image

#125 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

I am happy to see the "water bug" back.  That is how he used to play for us, imo.  Was all over the ice as nimble and fast as a water bug. lol

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#126 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Sullivan is an older, humble, less-expensive, more appliable two-way version of Scott Gomez.

#127 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Wow.
We are REALLY going for it this year.
Psh.

I miss Parise. 

#128 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

I wasnt expecting anything coming our way, but I hoped Lou would dump one of our older overpriced D-men

#129 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

I have watched Zajac and I agree he hasn't been that good but he's been getting his game back and we all know when Zajac is playing his game he's an excellent center. Loktionov has played like 18 games with us and has gotten crazy puck luck so far. I think Loki is a good center but if someone is saying you can have loktionov or Zajac on your team it should be obvious who you take, and it isn't loktionov.

By reputation yes... but maybe in a couple of year you wont say that.... from what we seen this year loktionov is the better man.

#130 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

As long as it gets Sestito off the ice.. Fine.  

Posted Image Posted Image

#131 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

No problem with this move as it's a bandaid/stopgap/plug move for the next month, even though this team is pretty old in a number of positions as is.  I expect Sullivan to see some time on the PP, maybe get some more 5v5 time with better players, but he'll mostly be protected in those situations anyway by Deboer I imagine.

Sure, Sullivan is close to being pretty much done, but if it helps get guys like Gionta and Sestito and even Kostopolous off the ice in key situations if not altogether and forever, I am all for it.

The Devils even as they are, will be in a dogfight the rest of the way, and personally, I see them having to fight for the 8 spot and probably missing out.

If the Devils were going to make significant changes, it was always going to have to wait until this summer, when I expect they will indeed happen.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#132 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

By reputation yes... but maybe in a couple of year you wont say that.... from what we seen this year loktionov is the better man.

That fair to say. But like I said Zajac has proven every year that hes a legitimate top 2 NHL Center. I'll be more inclined to say that Loktionov is a top 2 center after he sustains this play for a whole year rather than 18 games out of 70 game career. 
And in terms of Loktionov playing better this season, almost the entire team has underachieved this year and because of this Loki has gotten better opportunities that he might not have gotten otherwise.

#133 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

No problem with this move as it's a bandaid/stopgap/plug move for the next month, even though this team is pretty old in a number of positions as is.  I expect Sullivan to see some time on the PP, maybe get some more 5v5 time with better players, but he'll mostly be protected in those situations anyway by Deboer I imagine.

Sure, Sullivan is close to being pretty much done, but if it helps get guys like Gionta and Sestito and even Kostopolous off the ice in key situations if not altogether and forever, I am all for it.

The Devils even as they are, will be in a dogfight the rest of the way, and personally, I see them having to fight for the 8 spot and probably missing out.

If the Devils were going to make significant changes, it was always going to have to wait until this summer, when I expect they will indeed happen.

NJ is still better than the Islanders - I mean, yeah, it's going to come down to who gets the bounces, but the Islanders haven't gotten great goaltending either.  Nor do I think significant changes are coming this summer.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#134 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

NJ is still better than the Islanders - I mean, yeah, it's going to come down to who gets the bounces, but the Islanders haven't gotten great goaltending either.  Nor do I think significant changes are coming this summer.

define significant - at least two and likely three of tallinder/fayne/volchenkov/harrold/zidlicky will not be here next year.

moose will be replaced.

at least one forward who is not currently in the organization will be in the top 9

there will be change this offseason.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
Shameless Business Plug - Shop at Capitol Lighting and
1-800lighting.com - Use code NJDEVS10 for 10% OFF

#135 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'll gladly take him for a 7th. WIsh we could of got some picks for our D, but I trust lou.

#136 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,490 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Edit: Derp, wrong thread

Edited by Devilsfan118, 03 April 2013 - 09:47 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#137 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

low risk move.. why not?

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

Our best players need to be our best players...

#138 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

For better or worse, I don't see us making any significant changes until Brodeur retires.
Posted Image

#139 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

define significant - at least two and likely three of tallinder/fayne/volchenkov/harrold/zidlicky will not be here next year.

moose will be replaced.

at least one forward who is not currently in the organization will be in the top 9

Zubrus/Clarkson could both be gone but there isn't much to trade really a young d-man and who knows how many of vet dmen are gonna be back that would allow you to trade the young ones

Edited by DH26, 03 April 2013 - 10:37 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#140 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

moose will be replaced.

Are you kidding? No.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users