211 replies to this topic

#141 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Its just not meant to be. They deserved better in this game.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#142 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Ohh well, we'll have a good pick, and we'll do the playoffs next year. In Lou we trust, again...

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#143 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

ouch! maybe next year..

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#144 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Best loss of the year. High hopes for this team's finish to the season.

How many times have we said that this year?

Frustrating and depressing. IDK what's gotten into this team. It's like it is retribution for last years amazing playoff run. Hope for the best this weekend

#145 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

fvcking sturggling fvcking sh!t If steve sullivan dont play like is ia 18 and if kovalchuk dont came back next week no playoffs for us

#146 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Idk why the coach just doesnt leave tje cbgb line together for the whole game. Every time i watch that lines always in the offensive zone. They need to get some offensive help in the offseason, and as.much as i like clarkson trade him while his value is somewhat high

#147 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Just not good enough. FVCK Lou

#148 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,479 posts

I hate listening to all the prepared sound bites in the post-game interviews.  Maryt, Elias.. I just dont want to see their drippy faces - all stupid blank with disappointment -- no answers -- just :puke:  I'd rather they not say anything to be frank.

I'm here for the party

#149 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Boston put together better chances in that 90 second sequence than we had in the game.   Don't get confused by shots that have no chance of going in. They have no offense and Boston had very little to worry about after the goal.

They did have two post shots that didn't even count as shots on goal, and 'some' chances.  Maybe not as many as 40 SOG suggest, but if they had ****ing forwards that could score they would be higher quality shots, and goals.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#150 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Amen. Although, it isn't an effort thing with this team. Never has. They've had some good losses this season. They can't generate power plays, and they just can't finish. I am optimistic as they come on this board, but I felt it was done after the Jagr goal. Just feels like it's that kind of year. Amazing, how they have been so bad for so long and still are right in it.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#151 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

If the fvcking Flyers end up ahead of the Devils and Debour isn't fired I'm going to fvcking break something.
You don't have 19 points your first 12 games and then 20 your next 20+ games.
Bullsh!t someone or something needs to be CHANGED!!!!!

I miss Parise. 

#152 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Good fvcking loss?!?! Where's our point then? Oh yeah! We don't get points for "good fvcking losses!"

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#153 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Amen. Although, it isn't an effort thing with this team. Never has. They've had some good losses this season. They can't generate power plays, and they just can't finish. I am optimistic as they come on this board, but I felt it was done after the Jagr goal. Just feels like it's that kind of year. Amazing, how they have been so bad for so long and still are right in it.

Just a bad year. Anything that can go wrong does this year. It's a shame, but these things happen.

If the fvcking Flyers end up ahead of the Devils and Debour isn't fired I'm going to fvcking break something.

Get a grip. It's a hockey team.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#154 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Why was Zajac scratched today? Oh wait..

Put food on my family

#155 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

fvck it, Man. Tank the season. The draft is deep. Try and get a pick in the top 5.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#156 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

They did have two post shots that didn't even count as shots on goal, and 'some' chances.  Maybe not as many as 40 SOG suggest, but if they had ****ing forwards that could score they would be higher quality shots, and goals.

They had a couple early in the game.   Henrique in front where he put it up instead of through.  Zubrus'.   Greene's.  Clarkson's wasn't a chance, it was a miss that hit the outside of the post after he dicked around into a backhand.

That frenzy for the Bruins when we fell apart for a minute or so had better chances than we were getting

#157 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

It makes no difference.  As the Flyers are thugs the Devils pretty much go down without a fight - they have juuust enough fight to make the other team feel good about themselves.  They don't choke - they just pleasantly take their lumps and blame bad bounces, or give the other team props for getting it done.  It's always the same.  It's their place to lose like gentlemen.  and they comply more often than not these past 9 years.

I'm here for the party

#158 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

They had a couple early in the game.   Henrique in front where he put it up instead of through.  Zubrus'.   Greene's.  Clarkson's wasn't a chance, it was a miss that hit the outside of the post after he dicked around into a backhand.

That frenzy for the Bruins when we fell apart for a minute or so had better chances than we were getting

Typical crock.  Devils had lots of chances - yes obviously Krejci with an open net is a better chance than anything NJ had.  But NJ had tons of great chances.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#159 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

There is no such thing as a best loss at this point.  None.  They're running out of games and now have to play catchup against two hot teams, with another hot team right behind us.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#160 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

There is just no such thing as a bad bounce.  It's bounced because you put it in the WRONG PLACE.  YOU"RE WRONG!  YOU ARE NOT PLAYING WELL!!!  It's not bad luck.  You guys are NOT getting it done and no one is holding you accountable.

I think Clarkson fvcks up because he takes his mind off it at the very last possible second - and it's some big shock he misses?  It's like that -- everyone again and again.  

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users