211 replies to this topic

#161 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

This fvcking sucks.. No words for this game, I just don't understand it.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#162 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Typical crock.  Devils had lots of chances - yes obviously Krejci with an open net is a better chance than anything NJ had.  But NJ had tons of great chances.

Lots of chances is a serious exaggeration.

#163 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

David+Clarkson+New+Jersey+Devils+NHL+Swe

"RUN, FORREST, RUN!"

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#164 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

If they don't get 3 out of 4 points this weekend, you might as well call the season.  Not being negative, just realistic.  Teams behind the Devils getting hot

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#165 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

This is the toughest loss of the season
25smul5.png

#166 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Best loss of the season?  Really?  A loss is a loss and we lose ground on the Isles and Rag$.  You all jumped down my throat when I said bring back Sykora, but for cheap, our goal drought wouldn't be THIS bad.

Posted Image Posted Image

#167 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

There is just no such thing as a bad bounce.  It's bounced because you put it in the WRONG PLACE.  YOU"RE WRONG!  YOU ARE NOT PLAYING WELL!!!  It's not bad luck.  You guys are NOT getting it done and no one is holding you accountable.

Can't say I disagree on the one hand.  On the other hand, this group just ain't talented enough to take advantage of bounces.  Having Lokti fall into our laps wasn't going to make up for 50+ goals walking out the door this summer.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#168 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Can't say I disagree on the one hand.  On the other hand, this group just ain't talented enough to take advantage of bounces.  Having Lokti fall into our laps wasn't going to make up for 50+ goals walking out the door this summer.

Oh my eye -- I heard Parise try to sell that same "bad bounce, just not going our way" sh!t as much as anyone - in fact he's one of the constants with this gentlemen sad-sack crap the teams been dishing out with regularity.

I'm here for the party

#169 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,905 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Lots of chances is a serious exaggeration.

How many scoring chances do you think NJ had?  I think 15 is a good number - could well be higher.  It's one of their better offensive performances in that regard this season.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#170 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Best loss of the season?  Really?  A loss is a loss and we lose ground on the Isles and Rag$.  You all jumped down my throat when I said bring back Sykora, but for cheap, our goal drought wouldn't be THIS bad.

You think Sykora will get all of his fortunate goals off the faceoff dot again? He wouldnt make the difference.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#171 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

How many scoring chances do you think NJ had?  I think 15 is a good number - could well be higher.  It's one of their better offensive performances in that regard this season.

This a great sentence considering we had none.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#172 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

You think Sykora will get all of his fortunate goals off the faceoff dot again? He wouldnt make the difference.

Those might be the 'only' goals Sykora got this year lol (he's always been good at that - see Game 5 2003 Finals).  But I agree, he wasn't getting 20 again and putting him in a top six role would have diminishing returns this year since he literally can't do anything else at this point.  They had to replace his production from somewhere else.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#173 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Legitimate, not counting shots (Greene didn't get a shot)... probably ten-ish.   Not so different that I disagree with you, it's just the volume we chucked didn't result in much more than they got in that regard.   With scoring chances I'm kinda like the Devils shotclock guy is with shots.   I'm not giving one up for the sake of doing it.

They carried play, which is good, especially against them, but it was just a very frustrating watch.   Too many shots that broke up our possession when we should be grinding it out.

#174 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Those might be the 'only' goals Sykora got this year lol (he's always been good at that - see Game 5 2003 Finals).  But I agree, he wasn't getting 20 again and putting him in a top six role would have diminishing returns this year since he literally can't do anything else at this point.  They had to replace his production from somewhere else.

Imagine Sykora facing tougher competition with no Parise and Kovy in the lineup. Disastrous! Just like whats happening to Clarkson.

Edited by Zubie#8, 04 April 2013 - 09:04 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#175 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

I'm sorry I'm not ready to give up on my team I'm pissed I pay for Center Ice , and watching them lose while listening to the coaches say we're playing well I like the way we played = BS to the paying customer, fan!
The fans are ( an not all of them ) are saying we're screwed lets wait til next year it's a great draft, ( I may even have said this myself ) !
Well as a fan deep down in my heart I say fvck that! I'm a New Jersey Devils fan and as long as we are mathematically in it play your hearts out! Also no one on this team should be safe, you play like sh!t come the the off season fire them!
These are my opinion from a old time fan!

#176 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Imagine Sykora facing tougher competition with no Parise and Kovy in the lineup. Disastrous! Just like whats happening to Clarkson.

Bringing up Clarkson, I'd rather see slug Sykora than the Clarkson of the last twenty five games lol.  At least he wouldn't do the dumb **** like pulling up before getting to the line and going offsides in the last two minutes.

#177 maniacdevsdude

maniacdevsdude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Best loss of the year. High hopes for this team's finish to the season.

Absolutely! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was proud of how this team played tonight.

#178 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Had some chances, and we still could not bury one.  Really frustrating....... Sorry guys........

3308166.jpeg

#179 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Bringing up Clarkson, I'd rather see slug Sykora than the Clarkson of the last twenty five games lol.  At least he wouldn't do the dumb **** like pulling up before getting to the line and going offsides in the last two minutes.

Taking a penalty trying to "defend" Pando in the offensive zone was a classic Clarkson moment.

#180 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Had some chances, and we still could not bury one. Really frustrating....... Sorry guys........

we forgive you. Don't let it happen again :angry:

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users