6 replies to this topic

#1 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

If anyone is reading this, turn on AMC right now. There will be NJ Devils featured on the show. Walt Flanagan, who runs the Secret Stash in Red Bank, has an anniversary and his coworkers/friends are throwing him a surprise. Walt is a big Devils fan and if you ever go to the store, you will notice it

Supposedly Daneyko is in it. Not sure who else

#2 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

If anyone is reading this, turn on AMC right now. There will be NJ Devils featured on the show. Walt Flanagan, who runs the Secret Stash in Red Bank, has an anniversary and his coworkers/friends are throwing him a surprise. Walt is a big Devils fan and if you ever go to the store, you will notice it

Supposedly Daneyko is in it. Not sure who else

Watching it right now. Pretty good episode. Nice present

3308166.jpeg

#3 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

I don't watch the show because I can't stand any of the dudes on it.  I caught it once after The Walking Dead and nearly cringed myself to death.

What Devils were on it?!?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#4 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

I don't watch the show because I can't stand any of the dudes on it.  I caught it once after The Walking Dead and nearly cringed myself to death.

The owner of the store, Walt Flanagan, has been at the Secret Stash for 15 years and all of his co-workers and friends wanted to give him an anniversary gift. If you watch the show and if you been to the store, you know he is a huge Devils fan. So the workers were like what does he like and they came up with hockey. So one of the co-workers, Ming, was told to contact Kevin Smith because he has connections with the Devils.

So the co-workers take Walt to the Prudential Center and right when they walk in there were 4 Devils waiting to meet him. It ended up being the Devils alumni of Driver, Daneyko, Marshall, and Dowd. His reaction to seeing them was funny.... "Mr Devil Daneyko" " Tampa Bay game winner Marshall" etc. He looked like a deer in headlights. So the gift was that Walt was able to play hockey with the 4 players while Bryan Johnson was the goalie (member of the show). Walt was saying how he has been a fan since they first came to NJ and how this team made him feel proud to be from NJ. Kevin Smith said the same thing. I think it took place during the Stanley Cup because the Stanley Cup banner was hanging outside of the Prudential Center when it happened

The show ended funny when Walt Flanagan was talking to Kevin Smith and was like I been here so long at the store I am an iron man like Daneyko. Then Walt said maybe they can hang my jersey up in the ceiling of the Stash store. Then Bryan Johnson was like "If I worked there for 15 years, I would probably hang myself in the ceiling too"

I been collecting comics my whole life and go to their store a lot. They are actually really nice guys

comic-book-men-giant-sized-anniversay.jp

534461_10151135470604583_1663647111_n.jp

120209_TV_ComicBookMen.jpg.CROP.rectangl

#5 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Same here i watched one episode after walking dead. I have a nerdy side too as i am collecting a bunch of stuff and being a very nostalgic 80s kid... But i caught the episode that stan lee was going to the store and Walt was absolutely pathetic lol sitting on the ground like a 7 years old kid listening to justin bieber starring at him with stars in his eyes... No grown man should ever act that way haha i met a bunch of my idols and never looked retarded and starstuck like that

www.SterioDesign.com

#6 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Same here i watched one episode after walking dead. I have a nerdy side too as i am collecting a bunch of stuff and being a very nostalgic 80s kid... But i caught the episode that stan lee was going to the store and Walt was absolutely pathetic lol sitting on the ground like a 7 years old kid listening to justin bieber starring at him with stars in his eyes... No grown man should ever act that way haha i met a bunch of my idols and never looked retarded and starstuck like that

Dollar to doughnuts he was playing it up a bit for TV. 

#7 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

i love kevin smith, and i love the show. it was great seeing them hanging out with the Devils players.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none."
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users