Insane.

#22 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Anyone remember how Kovalchuk led the team in playoff points with a herniated disk in his back? If he could be out there, he would

#23 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

he has a separated shoulder, so he should be feeling better soon but coming back early would only aggravate the tender ligaments and inflame them. he would be out every other game with sore shoulder, not worth it.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#24 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

Kovy is a softie, just like Steven was when he retired. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#25 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

stick with predictions ^7^ - you're not so good with the whole coaching thing

Kovy is a softie, just like Steven was when he retired. 

you forgot the S

{EDIT:  oh say, and can you post a picture with that - maybe one sans the uniform?}

Edited by Pepperkorn, 05 April 2013 - 07:44 AM.

I'm here for the party

#26 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Saturday will be week 2 of what...a 2-4 week injury (or was it 2-3 weeks?) regardless, it's not like he just got hurt yesterday, he's had some time to heal and his legs are fine. He can still skate.

This team is desperate for some kind of scoring threat out there. They are trying to piece it together in any way possible and nothing is working. Just having him out there at 80% is better than any other offensive presence on this team. It gives the other team somebody that must be respected

The Devils have taking this putrid no-offense play as far as they can. It's crunch time now, we're out of the playoffs. All hands on deck....no more babying. Get Kovy out on the ice. Get him his injections, his oxycontin. Whatever he needs...he just needs to play

Kovy is out until training camp next year. Mark my words. He has a separated shoulder and most likely requires surgery. The Devils are tight lipped about it (not sure why, since the training deadline has passed).

He won't be back for CERTAIN, during this regular season. Guaranteed.

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Remember when Jagr blew off his moronic shoulder injury and came back against us? That went great. A player on the ice that basically can't shoot isn't very useful.

I still laugh at the fact he blew it up trying to hit Pando. Not to mention the crowd booing the **** out of Luko in Game 4 when he touched him with a feather and he blew it out again going into the boards.

The Devils timetables are never, ever, ever accurate. Whatever the back end of the supposed diagnosis is, add a week or two. Just like with Zubrus.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#28 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

Seriously, when the Devils say a player is going to be out 2-4 weeks, take that number and multiply it by 10 to get the actual timetable.

I don't know if he has a seperated shoulder or not, but I can tell you I did something very similar in a men's league game a few months ago when an opponent tripped me after I beat him in a race to the puck and I went shoulder first into the boards.  It felt like I seperated the shoulder and I couldn't move my arm at all without pain or raise it above 90 degrees for a week.  However, it was not seperated and the doctor described it as one of the worst contusions he had ever seen.  It took about 3-4 weeks to get full range of motion back and the pain to completely subside.  Hopefully for Kovy's sake his injury is just a sprain, but it is definitely possible for him to do what he did and not have a seperated shoulder requiring surgery.   

Posted Image

#29 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

If only it were a lower body injury, at least this would have been an option ay '7'?

billy.jpg

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9, 05 April 2013 - 10:36 AM.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#30 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

HiMrn.gif

believe-devs.jpg

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Wow, "7" this is just silly.

We don't have the horses to go deep in the playoffs IMO, why sacrifice Kovy long term unneccesarily.

Last year, we played our best team game, when he was out.   It's time for the team to rise up, right now...without him.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Wow, "7" this is just silly.

We don't have the horses to go deep in the playoffs IMO, why sacrifice Kovy long term unneccesarily.

Last year, we played our best team game, when he was out.   It's time for the team to rise up, right now...without him.

what? 

#33 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

what? 

Im guessing he meant Game 2 against Philly. But we had Parise, so we need a stud back in the lineup.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#34 iceowl14

iceowl14

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Edited by iceowl14, 05 April 2013 - 10:11 AM.

Twitter: @IceOwl14

#35 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

This board is amazing :wub:

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#36 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

I'm surprized this thread hasnt been deleted, lol !

3308166.jpeg

#37 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

There's been some really stupid comments and threads lately but this surely takes the cake.

#38 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

An atrocity.

#39 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

lol

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#40 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

"Official Meme Thread" :doh1:

But seriously....

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-

Edited by NJDevils1214, 05 April 2013 - 11:25 AM.

815631765.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users