67 replies to this topic

#41 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

We finish in 10th place in the East.  Guaranteed. 

Why we didn't auction off Clarkson to get some needed draft picks in return is beyond me.

#42 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Why we didn't auction off Clarkson to get some needed draft picks in return is beyond me.

Easy to make that "guarantee" the day after we drop to #9...

#43 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

We finish in 10th place in the East. Guaranteed.

Who in their right mind would give up any draft picks worth anything to get Clarkson as he's been playing now?

If anything, they can wait until the summer, give him a FULL training camp with a new team and hope he finds his touch then. Getting him now would hurt any team than help it.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#44 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Who in their right mind would give up any draft picks worth anything to get Clarkson as he's been playing now?

If anything, they can wait until the summer, give him a FULL training camp with a new team and hope he finds his touch then. Getting him now would hurt any team than help it.

Yeah because teams are so good at scouting.  That's why Douglas Murray and Robyn Regehr got traded for as much as they did.  

Clarkson is still the best scoring forward on the team and he shouldn't have gone anywhere.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#45 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Clarkson is still the best scoring forward on the team and he shouldn't have gone anywhere.

You mean that statistically speaking & not based on performance, right?

All I'm saying is his inconsistent play as of late wouldn't have netted much. He is not playing well by anyone's standards.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#46 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Lock this thread, it's over

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#47 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

this thread is just stupid, if a guy is hurt, he is hurt. You don't force him to come back and play injured because the other guys can't put the puck in the net. Don't forget, Kovalchuk isn't the only player who can score. There are 17 other guys out there + the replacement

#48 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

This is fvcking STUPID your kidding us! you know if Kovy could play he would be there so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we cant win fvckings game wihtout our franchise player like ottawa did we dont deserve post season and that it!

#49 Bringbackbrylin

Bringbackbrylin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

I don't know guys, he has the time to do his dry cleaning so why not jump back onto this sinking ship faster ya know?

24454_10100320171281244_470801340_n.jpg

gallery_47_36_882.png of The Championship Plaza brick my ex-girlfriend got me

#50 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

Because Clarkson will resign at a decent price, knowing he's blown half this season. He signs for less than $4M and that's fine. Also, once again, the buyouts are coming and I have a feeling Lou is waiting for that.

I seriously doubt he looks at this team and says, they don't need another top 6 winger, nah, it's fine. He knows we need it. He just couldn't get one for nothing by deadline day, but in UFA this offseason, he'll be able to find one without giving up players.

#51 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Rich Chere
@Ledger_NJDevils
1h
DeBoer said that means he think Kovalchuk will be back from right shoulder injury for "more than just the last couple of games."

Pete DeBoer says Ilya Kovalchuk is making "great strides" and he is optimistic Kovy will "help us down the stretch."

believe-zubrus.jpg

#52 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

I don't know guys, he has the time to do his dry cleaning so why not jump back onto this sinking ship faster ya know?

Not to get off topic but is it safer to dry clean jersey or wash them? I've just put off doing anything with mine for about 5 years but I have 8 jerseys so I wear each about 5 times a season
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#53 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Not to get off topic but is it safer to dry clean jersey or wash them? I've just put off doing anything with mine for about 5 years but I have 8 jerseys so I wear each about 5 times a season

I wash mine by themselves inside out and let them air dry. Never had a problem.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#54 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

I wash mine by themselves inside out and let them air dry. Never had a problem.

+1, works great.  And some of my jerseys are getting up there in years.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#55 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

stick with predictions ^7^ - you're not so good with the whole coaching thing

you forgot the S

{EDIT:  oh say, and can you post a picture with that - maybe one sans the uniform?}

See, I'm so bad at trolling that I can't even spell when I try to troll.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#56 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,662 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Rich Chere
‏@Ledger_NJDevils
1h
DeBoer said that means he think Kovalchuk will be back from right shoulder injury for "more than just the last couple of games."

Pete DeBoer says Ilya Kovalchuk is making "great strides" and he is optimistic Kovy will "help us down the stretch."

The statements today are a real about face from Pete's 'he's a long way away' just a few days ago. The cynic in me just thinks they want to make Kovy sound closer to returning than he is so they sell more tickets down the stretch. Or worse, rushing him back because time is running out. The optomist in me wants to believe the Devils' timetable was actually correct this time, and/or Kovy has tremendous healing power.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#57 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

TG said he was at the arena getting rehab and was in good spirits, so i'm guessing he's doing well. it's just a sprain, he can recover soon enough.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#58 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

The statements today are a real about face from Pete's 'he's a long way away' just a few days ago. The cynic in me just thinks they want to make Kovy sound closer to returning than he is so they sell more tickets down the stretch. Or worse, rushing him back because time is running out. The optomist in me wants to believe the Devils' timetable was actually correct this time, and/or Kovy has tremendous healing power.

The one thing that has me thinking the Devils are being honest this time is I have seen Kovy getting bumped and bruised many games before but always seems to make it through.  He seems to be a pretty durable guy.

#59 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

The one thing that has me thinking the Devils are being honest this time is I have seen Kovy getting bumped and bruised many games before but always seems to make it through.  He seems to be a pretty durable guy.

From what I can tell the man is an very fit guy. To play all those minutes, he must be one of the best conditioned players in the game. He did, however, hit the boards pretty hard and did not look pleased when he got up.

#60 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

You mean that statistically speaking & not based on performance, right?

All I'm saying is his inconsistent play as of late wouldn't have netted much. He is not playing well by anyone's standards.

He's getting pucks on net.  Some of them will go in.  You don't improve the team by getting rid of the guy who's actually shooting the puck.  I don't think he's playing that great, but he's playing better than people around here make it sound.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users