69 replies to this topic

#41 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Neither will Tedenby if he can't start putting up points. He has this amazing talent at skating and skills but can't complete.

#42 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Neither will Tedenby if he can't start putting up points. He has this amazing talent at skating and skills but can't complete.

He'll get another camp.   If you're going to keep giving them the hook, they're not going to develop.    When you look at the way they've played offensively this year, he didn't really earn his hook.   He did last year.

He's a spazz defensively but it's not like he was going at a minus a game clip, either.

#43 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

But how many more chances do you give him? I want nothing other then him to earn his spot on our team but we can't give a hundred chances either.

#44 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

But how many more chances do you give him? I want nothing other then him to earn his spot on our team but we can't give a hundred chances either.

You can give him as many chances as you want.   He's not worth anything right now, and it's night like we have this incredible collection of minor league forwards, so what's the rush?

#45 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,061 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

He'll get another camp.   If you're going to keep giving them the hook, they're not going to develop.    When you look at the way they've played offensively this year, he didn't really earn his hook.   He did last year.

He's a spazz defensively but it's not like he was going at a minus a game clip, either.

You can't earn a minus a game.  He might get another camp, but that's his choice, as he might go back to Sweden or go to the KHL - right now, he is not an NHL player, nor does it appear he will become one.  He earned his hook with how poorly he played last season.

Edited by Triumph, 05 April 2013 - 07:15 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#46 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

I don't pay much attention to the AHL games but how has he been since his tragic injury,playing wise? Still the same?

#47 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

You can't earn a minus a game.  He might get another camp, but that's his choice, as he might go back to Sweden or go to the KHL - right now, he is not an NHL player, nor does it appear he will become one.  He earned his hook with how poorly he played last season.

Josefson was pretty close to a minus a game.

This year, Tedenby wasn't given much of a shot at all.    Now if he was a lesser brother of a Devils player, maybe he would have gotten more of a look.

#48 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

He won't be given many more shots. JJ can play defense a bit. Tedenby gets beat at mostly everything and half the problems seems to be himself. Him not netting goals seems to be a confidence thing. He can't get his head into the NHL level theme he shouldn't be at it. I hope he can get it but of not, Sorry buddy.

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,871 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

To elaborate on the Palmeri point, he actually got a LOT more time on the first line than Tedenby or Josefson ever did too.  The fact he's even in the same ballpark with them pointwise after playing with Kovy/Zajac with half a season tells you all you need to know.  He only got to be on the top line cause he was a big body.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#50 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,061 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Josefson was pretty close to a minus a game.

This year, Tedenby wasn't given much of a shot at all.    Now if he was a lesser brother of a Devils player, maybe he would have gotten more of a look.

Like I said, you can't earn a minus a game.  Josefson was close to a minus a game because his linemates (and he) couldn't score, and the goalies couldn't stop anything when he was on the ice.  He in no way 'earned' that.

Tedenby was given 4 games, which was 4 games too many.  Where's the offense?  18 goals, 25 assists in 80 AHL games.  Not much offense in Sweden.  Not much offense in the NHL.

#51 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

He won't be given many more shots. JJ can play defense a bit. Tedenby gets beat at mostly everything and half the problems seems to be himself. Him not netting goals seems to be a confidence thing. He can't get his head into the NHL level theme he shouldn't be at it. I hope he can get it but of not, Sorry buddy.

He played 4 games this season, and 4 is an exaggeration, because at the end he was just the "serve a minor" guy.   I think in that last game against Montreal he got served one, got stuck out on an extended shift and went right back to serve one.   And that was pretty much it.

He didn't do a whole lot outside of the Isles game, where he was good, but he wasn't imploding games, either.

Like I said, you can't earn a minus a game.  Josefson was close to a minus a game because his linemates (and he) couldn't score, and the goalies couldn't stop anything when he was on the ice.  He in no way 'earned' that.

Tedenby was given 4 games, which was 4 games too many.  Where's the offense?  18 goals, 25 assists in 80 AHL games.  Not much offense in Sweden.  Not much offense in the NHL.

Where's the offense ANYWHERE?   LOL.   If creating offense was a must to play for the New Jersey Devils, we might as well sent everyone home other than Greene, Zids, Elias and Loktionov.

#52 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

He hasn't done anything to stay in the lineup

#53 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

He hasn't done anything to stay in the lineup

Who has?   Well, it's moot anyway because apparently he didn't come out for the 3rd tonight.  LOL.   

#54 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

We have a bunch who have. We're not scoring anyone obviously. And I'm not blaming the ref's who don't call anything around the league anymore. We've seen who he is. I wanna see next season or after what Boucher brings.

#55 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,061 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Where's the offense ANYWHERE?   LOL.   If creating offense was a must to play for the New Jersey Devils, we might as well sent everyone home other than Greene, Zids, Elias and Loktionov.

So I guess we should just call up Hoeffel and Wohlberg and whoever else is down in the AHL just because then.  Hard to imagine anyone playing for the Devils would be that bad in the AHL except Gionta and maybe Carter.  Tedenby is bad on defense and doesn't provide much offense.  He couldn't beat out an 18 year old for a roster spot.  He's where he belongs and if the Devils give him another camp it's because they're desperate (again).

Edited by Triumph, 05 April 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#56 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

So I guess we should just call up Hoeffel and Wohlberg and whoever else is down in the AHL just because then.  Hard to imagine anyone playing for the Devils would be that bad in the AHL except Gionta and maybe Carter.  Tedenby is bad on defense and doesn't provide much offense.  He couldn't beat out an 18 year old for a roster spot.  He's where he belongs and if the Devils give him another camp it's because they're desperate (again).

C'mon, I don't know what the logic was with Matteau but he was way sub-NHL level and shouldn't have been there.   If that was a straight hockey decision and there wasn't some developmental reason for it, they were on crack.

Not that either of them should have particularly been there.

#57 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,061 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

C'mon, I don't know what the logic was with Matteau but he was way sub-NHL level and shouldn't have been there.   If that was a straight hockey decision and there wasn't some developmental reason for it, they were on crack.

Not that either of them should have particularly been there.

Matteau was better than Tedenby.  Tedenby was horrible.  Nor do I think Matteau was 'way sub NHL'.

Edited by Triumph, 05 April 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#58 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Matteau was better than Tedenby.  Tedenby was horrible.  Nor do I think Matteau was 'way sub NHL'.

He took the body, that's about it.    He was lost and over his head.

#59 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,061 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

He took the body, that's about it.    He was lost and over his head.

At the end, yes.  Still was plus territorially and got more pucks on net than Tedenby could ever hope to in that kind of ice time.

#60 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,871 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Matteau WAS the best option at the time, that's the scary part.  That's why they've had to go on a shopping spree at Woolworth's to stock the forward core in-season.

Why they continued to play him even after getting some of those guys, and burned a year off UFA needlessly I have no idea though.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 05 April 2013 - 08:53 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users