176 replies to this topic

#61 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Beginning to think the Devils may just never score again. I think I've forgotten what a Devil scoring even looks like.

#62 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

He definitely put the team and management in a tough spot but if Lou wasn't 100% sure he was coming back, then he should have been traded because now the team is obviously left with a Gaping hole that could've been filled by some other player that was available during the off-season and there were no moves that were made.
The team lucked out the first 10 games of the season. This is the real team now and it's not good enough.
It wasn't a fluke that the team didn't make the playoffs the year Parise was injured.
He was a major part of the team and they should have been better prepared to lose him.
That's all I'm saying.

Parise played at least a quarter of the time they were sucking ass that season. It didnt have anything to do with Zach. That season came down to terrible coaching for half the year

#63 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Took us to the cup right. One badish season and it's the world is falling the hell apart.

#64 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

How do you prepare for that though? Lou didn't know if Zach was leaving for sure and for how much.

Semin

#65 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Semin

At what cost? Carolina just signed him to a huge extension and because of that and the cap coming down next year they are having cap issues now

#66 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

fvcking Clarkson

[quote name='DevsMan84' timestamp='1365293480' post='1184113']Semin

At what cost? Carolina just signed him to a huge extension and because of that and the cap coming down next year they are having cap issues now[/quote

Semin has been lighting it up this year. Who knows what his future holds, but he's earned his contract this year.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#67 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

He definitely put the team and management in a tough spot but if Lou wasn't 100% sure he was coming back, then he should have been traded because now the team is obviously left with a Gaping hole that could've been filled by some other player that was available during the off-season and there were no moves that were made.
The team lucked out the first 10 games of the season. This is the real team now and it's not good enough.
It wasn't a fluke that the team didn't make the playoffs the year Parise was injured.
He was a major part of the team and they should have been better prepared to lose him.
That's all I'm saying.

Parise was kept because making the playoffs were key to the financial viability of the franchise.

#68 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Took us to the cup right. One badish season and it's the world is falling the hell apart.

It's not just one badish season. What about 2011? Missing the playoffs after just 2 wins away from being Cup champs is completely unacceptable and Lou needs to be held accountable. BigZ said it best:

but if Lou wasn't 100% sure he was coming back, then he should have been
traded because now the team is obviously left with a Gaping hole that
could've been filled by some other player that was available during the
off-season and there were no moves that were made.

#69 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

[quote name="Devilsfan118" post="1184114" timestamp="1365293800"]
fvcking Clarkson

[quote name='DevsMan84' timestamp='1365293480' post='1184113']Semin

At what cost? Carolina just signed him to a huge extension and because of that and the cap coming down next year they are having cap issues now[/quote

Semin has been lighting it up this year. Who knows what his future holds, but he's earned his contract this year.[/quote]

Part of me is thinking that knowing him he is lighting it up because he is fighting for a contract. Now that he got one I fully expect to go back to being streaky as hell for the next few years.

It's not just one badish season. What about 2011? Missing the playoffs after just 2 wins away from being Cup champs is completely unacceptable and Lou needs to be held accountable. BigZ said it best:

It's been worse. We didn't make the playoffs in 96 after winning the cup the year before

#70 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

That's on Lou 2011 that had nada to do with Deboer. If Lou had any problem with Deboer he would do something. Call ups all go through Lou. If anyone is held accountable it's Lou.

#71 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

ame="Devilsfan118" post="1184114" timestamp="1365293800"]
fvcking Clarkson

Part of me is thinking that knowing him he is lighting it up because he is fighting for a contract. Now that he got one I fully expect to go back to being streaky as hell for the next few years.

It's been worse. We didn't make the playoffs in 96 after winning the cup the year before

I remember 96 as well. Was so pissed off for days after they choked it away against the Sens.

#72 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

These refs man, these freakin refs

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#73 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Marty is shaky can't hold onto the puck.

#74 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,182 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

These refs man, these freakin refs

They're saving us from the horror of witnessing another Devil powerless play.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#75 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

That's on Lou 2011 that had nada to do with Deboer. If Lou had any problem with Deboer he would do something. Call ups all go through Lou. If anyone is held accountable it's Lou.

100%

#76 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

How many times have the Devils been unable to score in the first 30 minutes of the game? Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

#77 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

They're saving us from the horror of witnessing another Devil powerless play.

I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

#78 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Semin

Thank you

I miss Parise. 

#79 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

The Leafs are totally screwed because the Devils can't lose every single game they don't score first in..
Right?
):

I miss Parise. 

#80 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Rangers will win... we have to pray that the bolt will comeback from a 2-1 deficit against the islanders....<

BUT WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF OUR BUSINNESS!

Score goals Damn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users