176 replies to this topic

#141 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,788 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Well Marty can't score either. These last two aren't on him. Can't buy a goal..

the garbage breakaway bullsh!t is ALL on marty. He stops that and we still have a chance. That wasn't even a shot.

The first goal was pure bad luck...but what else is new. We never get that kind of bounce/deflection when we just throw it at the net. NEVER!

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#142 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Lol at this 25 game stretch. I cant even get mad when they give full effort just cant finish.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#143 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

1. Zajac is an offensive blackhole

2. Brodeur overcommits positionally way too much. The second goal was a good example of this. He's practically out of the crease when the puck goes in...for no damn reason.

3. Why the hell is Gionta getting so much ice time when we are desperately trying to score? Poni had a good first and second period but didnt get ice time in the third. DeBoer is losing it.

#144 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

Okay, here's the deal. Since the Devils swept the back-to-back Pens series, NJ has won 7 of the last 26 contests. They've played 17 one-goal games and won 6 of them. They play 7 of the final 10 games against teams currenty in the playoffs. Short of a miraculous turnaround, the season looks pretty grim from here on out. But hey, at least the draft is in NJ this year ... so that's something. Right?

#145 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

They're also 30th in the league in goals for.

Edit: Sorry 29th.

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 06 April 2013 - 11:22 PM.

#146 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Blaming Brodeur for these last 2 losses is like blaming the deck chairs on the Titanic for its sinking. This offense is utterly inept. The power play is beyond a joke at this point. And trying to make guys like Bernier and Gionta play roles and minutes well beyond their abilities just doesn't work.
Posted Image

#147 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

2 words are the cause for all of this..."status quo". We need more than that to be a playoff team.

My issues...

- Why didn't we sign a power forward after the departure Z.P.

- Why sign moose to a 2 year deal? I would of signed Marty to a 3yr deal, moose to a 1yr deal and brought up a goalie for mentoring.

- Stop with the "status quo" players and work on package trades.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#148 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

You can't sign Marty to a 3 year deal because he's 35+.    Two was iffy.   If he decides to retire they have to decide whether to eat the dead cap space or use an amnesty on him.

#149 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Blaming Brodeur for these last 2 losses is like blaming the deck chairs on the Titanic for its sinking. This offense is utterly inept. The power play is beyond a joke at this point. And trying to make guys like Bernier and Gionta play roles and minutes well beyond their abilities just doesn't work.

That's a hell of a metaphor. Bravo Ser!

815631765.gif

#150 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

hey let's win the lottery again and get MacKinnon to have someone to score! /dies

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#151 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

Don't think too much about it.

Lou knows this isn't the team that's gonna win it all. Instead of dealing with a bad trade, I feel he's looking for something in the offseason.

In his eyes there's no use in sacrificing our players when we can get a steal in the offseason.

If we make the playoffs it's gonna be because we grinded out

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#152 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

Estimation: this team needs to go 7-3-0 (14 out of possible 20) in order to make the playoffs. We can say our chances are not good at all.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#153 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Don't think too much about it.

Lou knows this isn't the team that's gonna win it all. Instead of dealing with a bad trade, I feel he's looking for something in the offseason.

In his eyes there's no use in sacrificing our players when we can get a steal in the offseason.

If we make the playoffs it's gonna be because we grinderd out some tough wins. I don't see the fight and talent in our players that would take us deep in the playoffs

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#154 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Estimation: this team needs to go 7-3-0 (14 out of possible 20) in order to make the playoffs. We can say our chances are not good at all.

Theoretically, 7-3 is doable

#155 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

Doable: Yes. Likely: No

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#156 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Lol at this 25 game stretch. I cant even get mad when they give full effort just cant finish.

Man i gotta give you credit for always staying positive through the worst moments...

But to "finish" is part of the game and if they dont do it they havent made their job... Its like running at 200m sprint, being 50m ahead of everyone and sit down 2 feets away from the cross line.

They are not finding ways to win and thats what good teams are doing, we wont have the luxury of having our season reviewed by the league saying "well we played well but we dont have the points to show it but we deserve a spot in the playoffs"

And also its like Gio... Hes giving full effort every night but its simply not enough

www.SterioDesign.com

#157 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

I've pretty much given up. Yeah, luck will turn around eventually, Kovy will come back..but it'll probably be too late.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#158 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

Doable: Yes. Likely: No

It's like winning one playoff series 4-2 and then getting 3-1 series lead in the next series :)

#159 nick17112

nick17112

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

We can't look at it like needing to go 7-3-0 until the end if the season. We literally have to go one game at a time and see where we are. At the moment we are chasing the islanders. They are 3 points ahead with an extra one played. We need a win tonight and that's all we can concentrate on. If we do then we then have to better the islanders next result. We just need to see where we are after each game and go from there
Zach Parise - Gone but not forgotten!!!!!

#160 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Except when you realize our last seven wins came in the span of 26 games.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 07 April 2013 - 07:21 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users