#221 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

Ok you guys are saying dont fire PDB.
Well someone in management needs to be fired because if we're not going to blame the coach we have to blame whoever signed Kovalchuk because now the team can't afford to sign anyone right?
Parise walks because of it and now if Kovalchuk gets hurt the team is finished for the year?
Unacceptable.
Teams have won with a lot less than what the Devils have.
Yes the last three games could have all been wins, bad bounces and good goaltending, posts and whatever other excuse stopped that from happening but there HAS to be some explanation as to why this team has lost 6 games and 7 games in a row twice this season.
Brodeur made a mistake with the windmill try tonight but other than that he's been great and the Devils should have been able to win pretty much every game they've lost during this stretch so my point is someone has to be blamed for this.
You can't fire all the players.
It starts at the top.

Not a real fan because my opinion differs from yours.
Okie dokie.
My argument holds TONS of water.
Sorry Pete, these are the players you were given..they are out shooting everyone and playing with solid effort but it clearly isn't good enough and something has to change aaaaand it's you Pete so, c ya.

:haha2:  not even worth anyones time, good night.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#222 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

:haha2: not even worth anyones time, good night.

+1

#223 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

STFU about firing Petey D.  Stupid.

This team is close to being drowned under the water, they're slightly just above.  Gasping for air.  We need to win the majority of the rest of our games to get in.  Rags and Isles are playing well and we can't get a fvcking win.  

Posted Image Posted Image

#224 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

The losses aren't that bad. Not every season can be a run for the cup.

What's bad is the knee jerk fire brigade after every loss. You aren't guaranteed the playoffs. Some 'fans' of this team suffer from severe entitlement. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#225 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

:haha2:  not even worth anyones time, good night.

Sometimes i wonder if that guy is for real.

www.SterioDesign.com

#226 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

Not a real fan because my opinion differs from yours.
Okie dokie.
My argument holds TONS of water.
Sorry Pete, these are the players you were given..they are out shooting everyone and playing with solid effort but it clearly isn't good enough and something has to change aaaaand it's you Pete so, c ya.

Clown.

Please for the love of God just trade in whatever Devils jerseys and other goodies you have for Crosby and Malkin jerseys.  Like I said in the "We suck" thread, I don't have a problem with fans criticizing the team, even if they tend to trivialize and oversimplify things while doing it.  But the entitled schleps like you, who think it's their friggin' birthright to contend for a Stanley Cup every single season...beyond annoying. 

I'll readily admit I don't have much confidence in this group...just feels like it's not their year, but the fact is they're just two points out of the final playoff spot, and the teams ahead of them aren't locks to leave the Devils in the dust, so I'm still hopeful.  The funny thing is, for all the bitching and moaning that goes on regarding their on-ice deficiencies (and some of it is DEFINITELY deserved...it's a hard group to watch), it's really come down to the shootout for this team.  They really miss that extra point they used to pick up 65% of the time in the shootout before this season.  If they were 6-3 instead of 2-7...suddenly that 15-14-10 record is 19-14-6, and this team has 44 points.  Clearly they'd still be in a dogfight for a lower seed, but now we're being constantly reminded what it's like NOT to be able to feast on those extra shootout points.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#227 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

Back to the game...

Zubrus was our best player out there tonight, amazing puck possession, great transition, smart play making. We missed him a lot.

Elias looks frustrated, hopefully he goes on a tear soon. He had some chemistry with Sullivan which is good.

Zajac, black hole. Henrique, where the hell are you.

Josefson had a strong game, he should stay in the lineup.

Clarkson looked more confident, making better decisions.

Sal Volch, :doh1:

I would go with...

Elias Zajac Sullivan

Henrique Loktionov Clarkson

Ponikarovsky Josefson Zubrus

Carter Gionta Bernier

Ideally I want Dags on that 4th line with Carter centering and Gio out, but PDB wont go for that.

thought bernier played well

take away that miscommunication pass turnover and greene played real solid

sal is  hurt. he looks in pain while striding

Larsson takes some big hits 2 times every game now along the side boards

#228 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

Deboer is the best thing to happen to the Devils since Pat.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#229 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Deboer is the best thing to happen to the Devils since Pat.

that may be a little extreme dont ya think.... Yea id say so. Many of us dont agree with alot of the decisions ge has made so far this year which is where this whole deboer debate is coming from
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#230 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

WHO is BIG Z anyway...

#231 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

WHO is BIG Z anyway...

chara.jpg

:icon23:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#232 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

Firing DeBoer is silly but he is at fault, too. Several of his players have underperformed (Zajac, Henrique, Elias, Fayne) and the coach has to take some blame for that. Too many days off from practice maybe? Not giving them enough ice time to work through things?

On another note, its truly shocking to see how bad Zajac has gotten. $50 million man getting leveled over the ice, skating like the ice is made of quicksand, shooting right at the goalie's crest. Aside from faceoffs, what does he actually do?

Edit: One other thing: Why is Brodeur flopping on Steve Ott's goal? Just stand up and let the puck hit you. Stop with the theatrical 'i'm a non-conventional goalie' crap and just let the damn puck hit you sometimes!

Edited by devlman, 08 April 2013 - 11:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users