16 replies to this topic

#1 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Never thought it would get to this point...

Going into the week I said we need three points going into Friday to have a chance. That still can happen. Anything less, endgame folks.

Here's to one last positive thread and belief in the boys

#2 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

One game back of the Islanders. Isles are inconsistent this year. If Devils get hot anything can happen. Positive thoughts!

believe-zubrus.jpg

#3 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,871 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

If it was just us and the Isles it'd be one thing.  Problem is the teams behind us are also nosing their way into the race.  Winnipeg/Washington, Philly and even Buffalo are within sniffing distance.  

Plus they can't even beat bad teams.  Why should I think they have any shot Wednesday against a team they never beat?

Edited by NJDevs4978, 07 April 2013 - 09:50 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#4 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

The Rags Isles game this upcoming Saturday is going to be huge. Lets hope the winner of that takes care of business in regualtion.

#5 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

If it was just us and the Isles it'd be one thing.  Problem is the teams behind us are also nosing their way into the race.  Winnipeg/Washington, Philly and even Buffalo are within sniffing distance.  

Plus they can't even beat bad teams.  Why should I think they have any shot Wednesday against a team they never beat?

Because they could have beaten them twice this year and forced overtime the last time they faced last season.

Im sorry but the Devils deserve better in this latest stretch. I am not even mad at them, just frustrated.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#6 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

If it was just us and the Isles it'd be one thing. Problem is the teams behind us are also nosing their way into the race. Winnipeg/Washington, Philly and even Buffalo are within sniffing distance.

Plus they can't even beat bad teams. Why should I think they have any shot Wednesday against a team they never beat?

That's the great thing about sports

#7 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

The two losses to florida last weekend really put me over the edge that shouldve been four points for us and we would currently still be in a spot if we didnt give those two games away
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#8 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

The two losses to florida last weekend really put me over the edge that shouldve been four points for us and we would currently still be in a spot if we didnt give those two games away

I don't think it was the points so much, just maybe the mental block they have going now. They win one of those and maybe they win one of the last few too

#9 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Because we deserved to win the 2 games we've played them in so far, especially the last one. We've dominated them twice. Our luck is bound to change. Whether or not that happens with enough time to save our season, that's another matter...

Edited by DJ Eco, 08 April 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#10 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

Im sorry but the Devils deserve better in this latest stretch. I am not even mad at them, just frustrated.

That's a good way to put it.  You can't question their effort throughout most of the losing streak, but it is completely frustrating watching them blow glorious scoring chances game in and game out.  It is nice to see that they haven't quit, but the results are the only thing that matters and their effort just isn't good enough.  Hopefully we'll have Kovy back by this weekend.

Posted Image

#11 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,871 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Because we deserved to win the 2 games we've played them in so far, especially the last one. We've dominated them twice. Our luck is bound to change. Whether or not that happens with enough time to save our season, that's another matter...

They played as well as they possibly could last week and still lost. That's supposed to be encouraging? Every game is the same **** against those guys, either we play well and bite the dust late on some fluke play (remember the puck off Tallinder's skate with under five minutes left in a tie game last year), or we hang in there for a whike and get blown away.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#12 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

kovie back for the rags home and home would be huge, that's about the only way we can take over. isles will go 500 i think so we need to take care of wins.

If we can stay point for point, we have pens and habs at the end, and they will both be pretty much locked to their respective playoff positions, so they might be gimme games for us when they rest players. 

Edited by ZeroGravityFat, 08 April 2013 - 02:19 PM.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#13 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

here we go folk

apparently if we go 6-3 we have legit chance to make it.... (more than 60%)

and if we go 7-2 we make it....

Anyway one game at a time... start to beat boston

#14 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

actually afraid to watch the game on wednesday. Playing the bruins again, i think its going to look worse then last week when we played them.. it was a pretty good effort and still couldnt find the net once the entire game.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#15 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

We need to see more of this:

#16 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

I'll believe until they tell us we're completely dead. If for no other reason than blind love of the team. Why not? They deserve better, all they need is that one win. They're capable. Let's go Devils.

#17 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

And this: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users