101 replies to this topic

#1 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

It may be a stupid question, but with the luck we are having, and with the results recently, maybe we should play for the better draft pick. Hate or not, this looks like a pretty deep draft, so maybe getting a star player at #5 would be better for the team in the future.

Thoughts?

#2 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

One game back of the Islanders. No.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#3 maniacdevsdude

maniacdevsdude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

The boys are dominating their opponents we're just getting zero breaks. If we keep it up though we might have a shot at the 8th seed and sky's the limit once that happens. If you want to quit, be my guest. I just can't quit on my team as a fan.

#4 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

There's no reason to tank the season since we're pretty much awful anyways.

#5 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Not tanking served us well two years ago.  They don't even need to try to tank anyway.  This team is like watching a never-ending loop of Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#6 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

The Isles own the tiebreaker. We need to win more or get more points in order to pass them.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#7 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

I still have faith in this team, but deep down inside i just dont know if its going to happen, definently preparing myself for no post season this year but if it happens hey ill have a nice surprise!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#8 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

The Isles own the tiebreaker. We need to win more or get more points in order to pass them.

It's like that with every team we're chasing. Our inability to win in Regulation or OT this year is what is killing our playoff chances. Giving points away and also going to SOs forced us to have 1 more point than anyone we're chasing/can catch.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#9 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Bunch of ranger fans you spoiled brats

#10 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Trade deadline is passed, so nothing left to do but play hockey. Go full throttle.

#11 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

No sense tanking.

Play Larsson every. single. game. though.  Every single one.  I want him getting as much experience as possible if this team doesn't make the playoffs.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#12 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

I don't want them to roll over and just plain give up, I'm doing that for them. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#13 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Here's a positive: We are chasing the Islanders...the fish sticks. Tavares or not, they are still capable of stinking it up for many games in a stretch as they have for the past twenty years. I think theyll come down from their hot streak soon.

#14 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Here's a positive: We are chasing the Islanders...the fish sticks. Tavares or not, they are still capable of stinking it up for many games in a stretch as they have for the past twenty years. I think theyll come down from their hot streak soon.

By the same token, our cold streak should end soon but I wouldn't bet money on either happening.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#15 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

this sounds like a damn similar thread from the past.... with some even similar de ja vu comments...

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#16 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

after 7 straight losses I doubt we make the dance & even if we do, we'll be out in the first round.

#17 maniacdevsdude

maniacdevsdude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

after 7 straight losses I doubt we make the dance & even if we do, we'll be out in the first round.

Says who?? This team is capable of defeating ANY opponent in the division once healthy and playing at full strength. This quitters mentality is disappointing. They're not giving up on us. We shouldn't give up on them. LGD!!!!!!!

#18 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

Part of what makes me proud to be a fan of this organisation is the never say die attitude and the fact that everyone is committed to winning. We don’t cheapen the badge on the front by tanking a season to get a good draft pick like the Penguins.

One of the most exciting times for me as a Devils fan was the 10-11 season where we went on the run and narrowly missed the playoffs. People at the time then were saying " oh but now we are going to have a lousy draft pick" and it was a good feeling when we won it, it was almost like a reward for not throwing in the towel.

I would rather they played hard until the end of the season and narfowly missed out, than just give up and play for the loser prize.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#19 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

Two points back of 8th, not sure how any Devils fan can bail on them, better draft pick or not.  It may not be easy to feel confident about them, but they're still very much alive.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 08 April 2013 - 06:16 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#20 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

Hmmm things to do.... Practice shoot out,practice shoot out,god dammit practice the shoot out!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users