mk6ihcS.gif?1

#342 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

I have no problems dealing with the ups-and-downs, but I just wish Lou would make moves accordingly (says an armchair GM, I know, I know).

If the only offensive acquisition to be made for this goal-starved team was Sullivan, why not ship out one of the D for picks?  I imagine Lou will use at least one buyout this summer on a defenseman, I would've taken a freakin 5th round pick for one of em. 

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#343 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

I have no problems dealing with the ups-and-downs, but I just wish Lou would make moves accordingly (says an armchair GM, I know, I know).

If the only offensive acquisition to be made for this goal-starved team was Sullivan, why not ship out one of the D for picks?  I imagine Lou will use at least one buyout this summer on a defenseman, I would've taken a freakin 5th round pick for one of em. 

To me, the fact that Lou hasn't traded Tallinder for picks tells me that he's leaning toward a buyout of Volchenkov. Volchenkov's got an NTC and Tallinder doesn't. If Lou wanted to get rid of one of the 2 during the season it'd have had to have been Henrik, but since he didn't I figure he's waiting for the Amnesty.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#344 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Once Lou was quoting talking up 8 D in the pre-season, it was becoming more clear that they would not be trading anyone.  Since when does this team dump D at the deadline?  They usually acquire an 8th D if they don't already have one.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users