343 replies to this topic

#141 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Also next season, if Kovy doesn't have a C on his sweater, i'm gonna fvcking flip. Sal cannot lead this team or get them motivated to do jack sh!t, when you're about to slip into an 8 game losing streak and you've been in a slump for 2 months it's a complete issue of leadership, and i'm fully convinced we have the worst captain in the NHL.

Don<t get your hopes up.. But I still wonder why Kovy wasnt named captain in the first place. I think I saw on the TSN article for salvador being named captain that Kovy didnt want to be named captain, but at one point or another he will have to. He is the TRUE leader of our team. Since becoming a Devil he has changed his game dramatically making him one of the better 2-way forwards in the NHL. (Sorry for the apostrophes my keyboard is lagging haha).

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#142 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Also next season, if Kovy doesn't have a C on his sweater, i'm gonna fvcking flip. Sal cannot lead this team or get them motivated to do jack sh!t, when you're about to slip into an 8 game losing streak and you've been in a slump for 2 months it's a complete issue of leadership, and i'm fully convinced we have the worst captain in the NHL.

Who cares about leadership? He just flipping sucks

#143 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Please agree with me this is all on Lou. Lack of talent, 3rd and 4th line players & old goalies.
ab-so-loot-ly
and the trouble is.......Lou wont bring in much over the summer except the usual grinder type forward with 10-15 goal potential

No. Not gonna cut it. I think Lou knows that. There will be big changes.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#144 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

rags just went up 2-1 on Toronto...so that seals it. We're officially 4 points out and finished

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#145 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

I hope youre right......call me a quitter, but I lost faith in Lou a while ago, yes we went to the finals last year (by luck), but hardly made it out of round 1

#146 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yeah that makes sense. Lets forget that the wild also got a great defensemen and a bunch of their young talent were finally able to make the jump. It's all about Parise. End sarcasm. This team was dominant in the first 15 without Zach and dominant in the second half of the 2010-11 season without Zach. Without kovy teams just key in David fvcking clarkson.

Yeah the first 15, and HALF the year without him in 10-11, so what're you getting at? Oh yeah that they absolutely inconsistent with no parise. Yeah kovi would have won us a few more games, but look the two years we're without zach we're on the outside looking in. Thats no coincidence, SO YEAH....IT DOES MAKE SENSE... This team has 0 heart without Parise. Not to mention our new captain might be our worst defender. You lose the heart and soul of the team and dont replace it, you wind up where we are now.

#147 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

rags just went up 2-1 on Toronto...so that seals it. We're officially 4 points out and finished

What? That game is in the second

#148 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

I hope youre right......call me a quitter, but I lost faith in Lou a while ago, yes we went to the finals last year (by luck), but hardly made it out of round 1

And made it out of round 2 and 3 pretty easily. The Devils didnt win the eastern conference for nothing. Last years team was extremely good. They had their sh!t together and they played a simple game that made them really succesful on defense, and permitted them to score a bunch of goals. If they went to the stanley cup finals, it wasnt because of luck.

Edited by Devs3cups, 10 April 2013 - 07:37 PM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#149 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,048 posts

Time to start getting in draft mode. Wooooot.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#150 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

They were finished long before then, unless someone tripped on our corpse into a bottomless pit.

#151 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

DeBoer is a very good hockey coach. Anyone blaming DeBoer for this is delusional. But Shaw needs to go. I've seen enough of his power play. Kovy out or not, there's no excuse for the last two 5-on-3's.

Yeah Shaw's system on the PP is comical, hes gotta go

#152 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

fvckin of course... fuuuuuck

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#153 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

I know Tri is big on SOG and I genuinely do agree in most cases but you can't tell me our SOG have been as good as theirs.. Goals aside, I can't remember the last time we had a guy cut to the slot and receive as pass.. We are playing on the perimeter and getting perimeter chances
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#154 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Lou won't do sh*t. He'll sign the usual grinders and castoff wingers on the cheap. You know and I know it.

#155 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Time to sit Marty and play the kids in goal for experience and evaluation,

#156 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Millbury points out that Sullivan was responsible for all three goals great move Lou.

#157 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

They were finished long before then, unless someone tripped on our corpse into a bottomless pit.

I know what you mean but...but if you have a feel of momentum you'd know it's over

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#158 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

This game is turning into a comedy.

#159 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Nie job corralling the puck fatso.

#160 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

I know what you mean but...but if you have a feel of momentum you'd know it's over

and a loss like this tonight could be just what it takes for our players to start to self-destruct.  i can imagine them getting frustrated right about now

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users