339 replies to this topic

#241 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

keep in mind that with Lou its not always what makes more sense that is happening... look at the Salvador contract. So we could very well see a 4 years contract for Patty

Sals contract is ridiculous, With Patty though, I highly doubt any teams will pay him 6 mill or better at 37 yrs old. offer him a 3yr/12 mill. Just to finish out his career here. :blahblah:

3308166.jpeg

#242 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

i could see patty ending up with something close to a 3year/15mill. or maybe a little less like 4.5/year
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#243 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Elias has a lot of positive things to say about the team mates and the coach. It's safe to say that if he is asked, he will stay.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#244 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Elias has a lot of positive things to say about the team mates and the coach. It's safe to say that if he is asked, he will stay.

just read that too it was encouraging, we absolutely need Elias.

www.SterioDesign.com

#245 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

It is also good to see that Patty, who probably has the highest hockey IQ on the team, says that Pete is a great coach.  (For a select few that were calling for Pete's head)

Posted Image

#246 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

one of my big problem with Lou and the way he handled Zach or any UFA situation waiting last minute is that we're losing them for NOTHING. 

i mean obviously if you're in a position to make a run or in the playoffs it's hard to go and trade away some of your top players, and the team is more important than one player.

But the way he's doing it he's really putting himself in a corner and it's a HUGE gamble. 

If he knows he wants to re-sign a certain UFA, approach him in the season and if you see that the players want to wait for free agency... means he may have a foot out of the door already, so well it might suck to trade one of your top player but it's a business, play hard ball. and its only common sense...

THIS is what Lou should have done with Zach and should do with any top players:

"Buddy you can either re-sign now if you really want to be here we'll deal the numbers and get it done but if you want to be here we'll make it happen, if you want to test the market and see the interest out there, I cannot risk losing you for nothing so i have to deal you for assets and if you can't get a good offer you can still re-sign here in july but i CAN'T lose you for nothing. The ball is in your court now." 

Nothing wrong with that approach, it's not disrespectful, it's only common sense. Players and agents would understand the situation and it's putting you in a situation to really bounce back and set yourself to find solutions faster. You're in the driver seat then. And you can get a bigger return than if you trade him after the season for free agency, cause teams knows then the guy want to test the market, you dont give up assets and trade for his rights risking to lose him too like Philly with Hamhuis.

Do the Devils get to within two victories of a SC without Parise last season?  How well do you think it would've flown with both the Devil players and the Devils fans if Lou had traded Parise in-season, when the team had clearly come together after a rocky start and was playing good hockey?  And as we saw with the Devils gave up for Kovy, the returns don't always amount to as much as one might think.      

Stop acting like you have a better handle on how to do Lou's job than Lou does.  Lou should've done this and Lou should've done that, blah blah blah.  Maybe Lou simply thought he had a very good chance to re-sign Parise, and thought Parise helped to give the Devils the best chance to win the Cup in 2012, and a SC run like the one the Devils enjoyed made a good case as any for why re-signing with the Devils would've been a good move for Parise. 

It...just...didn't...work...out, as far as Parise leaving goes. 

But are you now saying you didn't want the 48-28-6 season you saw last season?  The Devils taking out two hated rivals in both the Flyers and the Rangers on the way to the SCF?  Do you think all of that happens without Parise last year? 

And what you keep forgetting is Parise was coming off a knee injury before the '11-'12 season.  His trade value was probably not that high coming into the '11-'12 campaign.  And it took him a while to get going that year...when he found his stride, the Devils were really playing terrific hockey...after a 12-12-1 start that included 5 SO wins, the Devils went 36-16-5.  Lou was supposed to potentially wreck that team's mojo?  This is why you have to stop looking at everything so damned black-and-white.  There were a lot of shades of gray that made everything involving Parise much trickier than you want to believe.             

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#247 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Parise didnt even want to be here I don't know why everyone keeps ranting over him like seriously i miss the player he was too but enough is enough what are we going to bitch about this for the next five years?.. Plain and simple didnt want to be a part of this team accept it move on already.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#248 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Parise didnt even want to be here I don't know why everyone keeps ranting over him like seriously i miss the player he was too but enough is enough what are we going to bitch about this for the next five years?.. Plain and simple didnt want to be a part of this team accept it move on already.

Who's everyone?  SD is really the one who keeps bringing it up. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#249 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

Is that 35+ rule still in effect in this CBA?  Although I doubt Elias would decline like Rolston did, but I'm wary of that damn rule after how badly burned the Devils got on that contract.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#250 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

3 year/ 15 M.

#251 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Do the Devils get to within two victories of a SC without Parise last season?  How well do you think it would've flown with both the Devil players and the Devils fans if Lou had traded Parise in-season, when the team had clearly come together after a rocky start and was playing good hockey?  And as we saw with the Devils gave up for Kovy, the returns don't always amount to as much as one might think.      

Stop acting like you have a better handle on how to do Lou's job than Lou does.  Lou should've done this and Lou should've done that, blah blah blah.  Maybe Lou simply thought he had a very good chance to re-sign Parise, and thought Parise helped to give the Devils the best chance to win the Cup in 2012, and a SC run like the one the Devils enjoyed made a good case as any for why re-signing with the Devils would've been a good move for Parise. 

It...just...didn't...work...out, as far as Parise leaving goes. 

But are you now saying you didn't want the 48-28-6 season you saw last season?  The Devils taking out two hated rivals in both the Flyers and the Rangers on the way to the SCF?  Do you think all of that happens without Parise last year? 

And what you keep forgetting is Parise was coming off a knee injury before the '11-'12 season.  His trade value was probably not that high coming into the '11-'12 campaign.  And it took him a while to get going that year...when he found his stride, the Devils were really playing terrific hockey...after a 12-12-1 start that included 5 SO wins, the Devils went 36-16-5.  Lou was supposed to potentially wreck that team's mojo?  This is why you have to stop looking at everything so damned black-and-white.  There were a lot of shades of gray that made everything involving Parise much trickier than you want to believe.             

Even if Parise had some desire to re-up, no team would negotiate against themselves in season and get to a near $100 million contract, unless you're talking about Sidney Crosby. 

I have no idea whether in his heart of hearts that he wanted to be here, and no one even knows what the Devils' final offer was.  But it is a very good bet that had the current CBA been in place last season, he'd be on the Devils right now, and that an extension might have been worked out during the season. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#252 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

im not speaking about one specific person, im generally saying.. in numerous posts everyone keeps crying over him.. time to let it go ..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#253 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

It gets brought up by tons of people when they say Clarky is going to Toronto and about how Zajac was clearly going to head for Winni as soon as he hit UFA, until the moment he signed here. It wasn't just one or two people.

Edited by ATLL765, 23 April 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#254 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

It gets brought up by tons of people when they say Clarky is going to Toronto and about how Zajac was clearly going to head for Winni as soon as he hit UFA, until the moment he signed here. It wasn't just one or two people.

SD brings it up the most, but you are right, others bring it up too.  I think a lot of Devils fans have moved past it though.

#30 FOREVER!

#255 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Just trying to think where Patrik would go. At this stage in his career, where would be best? Can't see him staying East out of respect for Lou and the team, but where else would be possible?

Minnesota could afford him if they buyout Heatley, and possibly even if he was still there.

Chicago maybe, but their capspace is very limited.

#256 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Just trying to think where Patrik would go. At this stage in his career, where would be best? Can't see him staying East out of respect for Lou and the team, but where else would be possible?

Minnesota could afford him if they buyout Heatley, and possibly even if he was still there.
Chicago maybe, but their capspace is very limited.

If he does leave I think he would stay in the East. Most players around his age usually like to factor in a better travel schedule more and more in their decisions. Even with the re-alignment the east still has a far better travel schedule than the west.

#257 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Elias is playing as good as any player for us out there, so Lou will give him the offer he gave Parise, something reasonable. In Parise's case, lover boy had to go off with his boyfriend to a land far away for a silly amount that will cripple that team, in Elias' case, he made it clear in the tweets I mentioned that he's not one of the 'we'll see what the off season brings people. He's a true Devil and said he loves the team and coach and doesn't see himself anywhere else. 

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#258 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

3years, 10.5, he's 37, and the 35+ rule can be cruel...

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#259 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

35+ doesn't exist anymore.

martyb.jpg

#260 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

35+ doesn't exist anymore.

OK, he is still 37 and not getting younger... 2 years 3 mil per...

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users