#1 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

/delete

Edited by Blown01NJ, 10 April 2013 - 11:19 PM.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#2 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Great. Come back when they are good again if that's all you can handle as a fan.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#3 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Go home, we don't need you, the Devils don't need you. You are a terrible fan.

#4 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#5 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Not sure what he did wrong. Maybe he is been annoying in other threads I haven't seen, but nothing wrong with calling it like it is. Better than half the board's comments in game threads and other threads.

But maybe he has been annoying elsewhere. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#6 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Not sure what he did wrong. Maybe he is been annoying in other threads I haven't seen, but nothing wrong with calling it like it is. Better than half the board's comments in game threads and other threads.

Really? You think making a thread to post two video clips that have nothing to do with hockey is okay? At least with people going crazy in game threads it is specifically hockey-related.

#7 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,507 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

He couldn't have posted it in the We Suck thread?  

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#8 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Wahhhhh

#9 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,451 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

I didn't mind the post -- it got me watching "Best movie quote" clips then Big Labowski clips then Jeff Bridges interview clips... then Hailee Steinfeld pages because she looks like my daughter - at least in True Grit she does.  It's weird even.

umm... so,      what are we talking about again?  How much Brodeur sucks?  Let's trade for Bryz? 

wait a sec -- I have to figure out where I am here....

I'm here for the party

#10 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

damn i couldnt even see anything in this post, why dont the videos ever come up on an ipad?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#11 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

damn i couldnt even see anything in this post, why dont the videos ever come up on an ipad?

+1 been staring into a white abyss everytime I go here with my smartphone

#12 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

time to update the forum!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#13 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Then you suck too. The team doesn't need you. I'm not here to say we're a lock to win the cup, but counting us out before we're out, is just giving up and that's not something a true fan does.

#14 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

+1 been staring into a white abyss everytime I go here with my smartphone

I think the videos here are flash embedded on here and Apple products dont recognize flash so that might be the issue.

My issue lately is that on the desktop version, I cannot edit a post unless i use the full editor.  On my iPhone 4S I can edit just fine without the full editor.

#15 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

I think the videos here are flash embedded on here and Apple products dont recognize flash so that might be the issue.

My issue lately is that on the desktop version, I cannot edit a post unless i use the full editor. On my iPhone 4S I can edit just fine without the full editor.

I'm actually anti apple( lets not argue like kids) I'm on a droid right now till I get a new phone. On desktop I can edit here I can't. I don't have taptalk either.

#16 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

I'm actually anti apple( lets not argue like kids) I'm on a droid right now till I get a new phone. On desktop I can edit here I can't. I don't have taptalk either.

lol it's alright I mean i like my iPhone but I don't consider myself an Apple fanatic.

I never use or have used Taptalk and I only have issues with editing on my desktop.  IDK ever since the forums were updated a few months back it's just been a little wonky.

#17 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Then you suck too. The team doesn't need you. I'm not here to say we're a lock to win the cup, but counting us out before we're out, is just giving up and that's not something a true fan does.

I think it's pretty easy to look at our record in the last month and realize we probably won't hit 54 points or whatever we need to MAYBE be able to squeeze in. Being a fan doesn't mean blind faith. that's idiotic, it means calling it how it is. There's nothing wrong with being realistic about the situation. We are basically out of it at this point. 

Unless of course you want to be more like, that's cool too...

Edited by mrthemike, 12 April 2013 - 12:33 PM.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#18 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

I think it's pretty easy to look at our record in the last month and realize we probably won't hit 54 points or whatever we need to MAYBE be able to squeeze in. Being a fan doesn't mean blind faith. that's idiotic, it means calling it how it is. There's nothing wrong with being realistic about the situation. We are basically out of it at this point. 

True. However, there is a difference between realism and exercising constant negatively. Some people are acting like tortured souls because their hockey team isn't playing well. I'm realistic too, and anyone who is realistic knew that sooner or later the Devils would have some bad years. It was a matter of time. We can either accept it, or we can do whatever this thread is.

That being said, I'm a Devils fan, so I'll watch the rest of the season and hope for the best.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#19 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Unless of course you want to be more like, that's cool too...

No one's asking for blind faith, but we are asking to not give up on the team before it's over. This is what is being done here. No excuse. If you're a fan, you don't give up on a hope, especially when your team can still make it. It'd be like running a marathon then giving up at mile 25 because you're a few seconds behind 1st. Eh, wasn't gonna win at that point, so might as well quit. Fine, you quit on the team then. If you quit though, you seriously have no right to talk about the team in any capacity whatsoever.

No need to be unrealistic, will we make it? It's certainly possible. Likely, eh, not sure, but possible. So if you don't think it's possible, gtfo and stop talking about this team like you're a fan.

#20 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

I am going to the game tonight, obviously I am going to watch until the last game and hold out hope until we are mathematically eliminated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users