20 replies to this topic

#21 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

True. However, there is a difference between realism and exercising constant negatively. Some people are acting like tortured souls because their hockey team isn't playing well. I'm realistic too, and anyone who is realistic knew that sooner or later the Devils would have some bad years. It was a matter of time. We can either accept it, or we can do whatever this thread is.

That being said, I'm a Devils fan, so I'll watch the rest of the season and hope for the best.

Then you suck too. The team doesn't need you. I'm not here to say we're a lock to win the cup, but counting us out before we're out, is just giving up and that's not something a true fan does.

Again..thank you DD56. We are on the same page. I watch every game and hope for the best but like to think I am realistic too. This isn't the 2011 team was surging down the stretch. This is a team that has lost 8 games in a row for whatever reason.

I could easily say the people that go "FU Fatso Marty" and "Fire Lou and DeBoer" and whatever else I can find in the last few game threads are the fans that are not needed. Those are the fans that cheer for the players when things go well  but turn on hard working athletes and really good people like Salvador the moments thing go bad. 

It's been a tough year. Big deal. The excitement of last year's run will keep me happy for a few years. And the Cup wins this team has produced will easily let me be fine with the down times if this team is about to go into one (not that I necessarily believe that).

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users