10 replies to this topic

#1 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

So, Volchy's hit was not "kosher," but instantly Olczyk and McGuire start talking "major penalty" and "suspension"...

They don't even see the replay...

What a bunch of douches...(includes Volchy himself)

#2 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

it should be a game and no more. Clear elbow, but his feet were on the ice when contact was made. I kind of expect two games because it's us.

It's going to piss me off thought since the Rick Nash flying elbow from behind against Florida weeks ago resulted in no suspension...but the league will gleefully throw the book at a Devil

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

pierre_maguire_condom_head.jpg

#4 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

Isn't McGuire the bonehead who claimed the Flyers "have the Devils exactly where they want them" in that beatdown second period of game two of last year's playoff series?

You know...the period where the Devils lived in the Flyers zone, got countless scoring opportunities and only allowed something like 2-3 shots on net.

"The Flyers are comfortable with this kind of game..."

Dude, the 1984 Oilers wouldn't have been comfortable with that kind of game...

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#5 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

McGuire is knowledgeable about the sport, but he's such a jackass.

Volch probably gets at least 3 games I bet, he's a 'repeat offender' after his blatant elbow against Carolina last year.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#6 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

McGuire is knowledgeable about the sport, but he's such a jackass.

Volch probably gets at least 3 games I bet, he's a 'repeat offender' after his blatant elbow against Carolina last year.

I don't think he's a repeat offender since that elbow was more than 18 months ago.

but that was a bullsh!t 3 games. MAYBE 1 was warranted...or no games and a fine. But look at this again. He barely gets the elbow out there. The Canes idiot player pretty much skates into him and it's just a nick...a glancing blow. 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

There is such Devils hatred amongst the media mainstream that it is quite obvious.

I don't think Chico nor Steve Cangelosi would EVER start speculating about major penalties and suspensions without even seeing the replay.

It's amazing how the media attempts to influence stuff like this...

#8 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

I know and I agree, but, in today's NHL, the fact that his elbow moves on that hit vs. Boychuck is enough to warrant a suspension.  It definitely is just a glancing blow..but that's enough.

And is 18 months enough to 'erase' his record?  I thought, for some reason, it was 2 years.  I could very well be wrong, I'm definitely not sure.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#9 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

i am pretty sure he will get suspended, it's a matter of how many games.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#10 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

Dirty hit, his elbow was up.   He deserves at the very least a one game suspension.    Head injuries are a serious issue.

Stevens or Dano would have cremed Marchand with the shoulder.   Stupid, LAZY play by A-Train.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#11 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

18 months is really not that long enough... Volch is a repeat offender and he got his elbow out and nailed Marchand right in the head... thats black on white a suspension.

4 games is fair if you ask me

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users