47 replies to this topic

#41 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Were you read that? No major source I see has that at all.

#42 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

just read something about hedberg possibly being bought out of his contract for next season, so maybe it will be kinkaid as martys back up.

Is there a source or was it just someone speculating?

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#43 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

I would like to see Halak here.

So would I brother. Halak as the starter, and one of the kids as the backup. I think at the end of last season Marty wanted one more year, and got the 2 year deal from Lou in case there was no hockey at all this year. I really don't think he ever thought 2 more years after last season. He's getting his year, we've lost 8 in a row for the first time since '91-'92, I don't think he will make his decision to retire until after the season but I personally feel it's 50/50 tops that he comes back next year.

I would be happy with Miller too if he would give us a 3 year extension at more like 3 or 3.5 million per rather than the 6 he's getting now. I wouldn't give him 6 per and i wouldn't take him without an extension either.

Edited by jim777, 12 April 2013 - 11:52 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#44 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

He's RFA. I think that means you don't have to give up picks for him.

We can still trade for his rights.

#45 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

So would I brother. Halak as the starter, and one of the kids as the backup. I think at the end of last season Marty wanted one more year, and got the 2 year deal from Lou in case there was no hockey at all this year. I really don't think he ever thought 2 more years after last season. He's getting his year, we've lost 8 in a row for the first time since '91-'92, I don't think he will make his decision to retire until after the season but I personally feel it's 50/50 tops that he comes back next year.

I would be happy with Miller too if he would give us a 3 year extension at more like 3 or 3.5 million per rather than the 6 he's getting now. I wouldn't give him 6 per and i wouldn't take him without an extension either.

You are crazy if you think there is any chance Marty doesn't come back next season.....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#46 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Henrik Lundqvist, UFA, 2014?

#47 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Henrik Lundqvist, UFA, 2014?

I see what you're doing here and I will play along...NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!  They would ice and entire team of Jeff Halperns before they let the Queen walk. 

Posted Image

#48 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

You are crazy if you think there is any chance Marty doesn't come back next season.....

I've been called worse, and i never said i wasn't crazy ;)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users