58 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

One win against the lowly Sens and wins against the rags will more than likely put us in, lol. Terrible east may come through for us. Kovalchuk coming back should put us over the top.

I BELIEVE.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat, 11 April 2013 - 11:27 AM.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#2 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

We need goaltending.

#3 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

We believe!

#4 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'm at the point where if we win and get into the playoffs, that's good. If we don't win and we wind up with a decent draft pick for our draft party, that's good. Once hockey season is gone I'll mourn its passing as I always do so I'll enjoy it while it's here regardless of the result.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#5 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

its a relief to see a thread like this.  Thank you, sir.

we're still just 4 points out. 

LGD

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#6 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

I'm at the point where if we win and get into the playoffs, that's good. If we don't win and we wind up with a decent draft pick for our draft party, that's good. Once hockey season is gone I'll mourn its passing as I always do so I'll enjoy it while it's here regardless of the result.

Pretty much exactly how I feel
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Its really a win-win situation. If they get in, great. I love my team being in the playoffs and enjoy the atmosphere. But if they don't, they get a good pick and most likely in this draft a top 10 pick will be an absolute stud. Plus it was a half season, stuff like this was going to happen. Still hope they get in, but if not the likelihood of getting a nasty player will make me happy. I think this team will be pretty good next year. 

#8 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Go Devils

#9 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Plus I think we all agree it's better to get a top 10 pick than lose in the first round
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

While a high pick is nice and all, I highly value our feat of missing the playoffs just once since 1996. We need to keep that going

#11 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

While a high pick is nice and all, I highly value our feat of missing the playoffs just once since 1996. We need to keep that going

+1

I rather make the playoffs then have a higher pick....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#12 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

We got this. I believe!!!

1dun.jpg

#13 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

I sometimes hear people saying "I'd rather my team doesn't make the playoffs than lose in the 1st round". I never understood it. It's sort of a "Cup or bust" attitude, but it just doesn't work in this league - not in this age, anyway.

Do I regret we made the finals last year because we lost them? Hell no.

There are few things that make me as excited as the Stanley Cup Playoffs in the sports world and I want to live those emotions even if we end up getting eliminated less than two weeks since the start.

That being said, last night changed my attitude about this season. Up until yesterday, I somehow still couldn't envision us missing the playoffs - when I thought about the end of April, I would automatically see the Devils playing in the 1st round in my head. But with those 8 losses, with the gap between us and 8th/7th being four points wide... I'm facing reality and this time it will be us making the cut that will surprise me if it happens.

#14 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

even though bunch of our game is struggling at time we have the elements to win... but like i said somewhere else.. if the team scores 4 goals... goalies will let 5+ goals... and if the goalie only let 1 goal in the guys wont be able to score at all.

its almost comical at this point.

www.SterioDesign.com

#15 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Sterio, can you design a Believe 2013 logo? Thanks!

1dun.jpg

#16 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Sterio, can you design a Believe 2013 logo? Thanks!

haha im swamped with work but maybe during next game i could work on that while watching. Stay tuned

www.SterioDesign.com

#17 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

I sometimes hear people saying "I'd rather my team doesn't make the playoffs than lose in the 1st round". I never understood it. It's sort of a "Cup or bust" attitude, but it just doesn't work in this league - not in this age, anyway.

Do I regret we made the finals last year because we lost them? Hell no.

There are few things that make me as excited as the Stanley Cup Playoffs in the sports world and I want to live those emotions even if we end up getting eliminated less than two weeks since the start.

That being said, last night changed my attitude about this season. Up until yesterday, I somehow still couldn't envision us missing the playoffs - when I thought about the end of April, I would automatically see the Devils playing in the 1st round in my head. But with those 8 losses, with the gap between us and 8th/7th being four points wide... I'm facing reality and this time it will be us making the cut that will surprise me if it happens.

With this much talent in the upcoming draft and with a 8, 9, or 10 spot, not making the playoffs would be a welcome alternative.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#18 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

With this much talent in the upcoming draft and with a 8, 9, or 10 spot, not making the playoffs would be a welcome alternative.

Hahaha Carp, I'm F-n drooling..... :yay:

3308166.jpeg

#19 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

We need goaltending.

THIS :argh:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#20 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

i'm on the fence here but only time will tell obviously, i value a lot that we only missed the playoffs twice since 1990 but obviously a top pick would be welcome but that's up in the air... a top 10 could be a bust or simply not bring enough to the team to justify a top pick but on the flip side Ottawa and Philly didnt have to miss the playoffs to snag Karlsson and Giroux. And thats only 2 examples out of a hundred

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users