36 replies to this topic

#21 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm impressed that he nailed Marchand right in the head and somehow completely missed his massive schnozz.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#22 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

I am actually surprised with how many people thought he'd get more than 4. I'm not trying to be a homer but when's the lat time we saw a suspension for 5 games.. I'm SURE it was more of an attack than Volch's was.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a suspension but four games is pretty serious

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#23 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

This is 3 games according to the NHL. This is worse than what Volchenkov did. 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#24 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Erskine was not a repeat offender you have to take that in consideration too

www.SterioDesign.com

#25 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

This isn't a conspiracy against the Devils, its literally a facet of the NHL operations that literally fails at their jobs.

It's no secret there is horrendous inconsistency from the NHL Department of Player Safety but nothing is done about it year after year.

Each questionable hit, Shannahan takes his modified Twister Spinner and lets fate decide the punishment. Then he records his videos with as straight of face as possible and reads a generic script.

EDIT: I agree with the Volchenkov suspension, there's only a 3-4 inch difference between he and Marchand, no need for the elbow to go right to his head. From my angle at the game, i thought he lead with the shoulder, the other angles proved me wrong.

Edited by jagknife, 11 April 2013 - 03:01 PM.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#26 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

4 game win-streak here we come! Choo Chooo! Haha

As to the justification for the penalty, I think it is well deserved, even viewed
through the tinted windows of a Devils fan. For better or worse,
Volchenkov did not even attempt to hide his intentions. Marchand was
stationary, Volchenkov lugged himself over to the boards and elbowed Marchand
in the head, making no attempt at the puck. Shanahan saw the elbow for
what it was, "you will beat us on the scoreboard, but we will make you
pay for it". Clearly Shanahan is trying to take these types of tactics
out of the game, which result in needless injuries due to goon-esque behavior. I
hope Volchenkov learnes from this, but its doubtful given that the
Devils scored as a result of the penalty and will be in the playoffs as a
result of his suspension. wink wink nudge nudge. lol

Edited by Biggie B, 11 April 2013 - 03:22 PM.

Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#27 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Well at least a few people now get their wish, no Salvador and no Volchenkov.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#28 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

If they were kicking the Devils when they were down, they would have mandated he played 35 minutes a game.

Can Lou petition the league to make it longer?

I hope he is gone, buy him out Lou.

#29 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Of course he knocks out Marchand just in time for the Islander game. :doh1:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Of course he knocks out Marchand just in time for the Islander game. :doh1:

The gift that keeps on giving :lol:

I don't see how anyone can complain about four games looking at that video.  You should be glad it's not more, he clearly led with the elbow.  Or lemme rephrase that, you should be annoyed cause it could have easily been more :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 11 April 2013 - 05:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Being happy over Volch getting suspended is a lot different than being happy over Sal getting hurt.  

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#32 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Well marchand has a concussion, that sucks

#33 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

gosh... I have to confess I'm bummin' about Sal.  I was totally buying into him finding the gas.  I had more than one "Thank you!" for him recently.  I'm a thanker when someone has a good play.

That's why I'm just not upset with this team now.  Too many things just boil down to bad timing as much of a cop out as I think that is.  This Sal injury sealed it for me. I'm not dulled or deadened - I just feel like "Darn!"  you know?  It's just one of those things this year.

I'm here for the party

#34 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Being happy over Volch getting suspended is a lot different than being happy over Sal getting hurt.  

Im not saying either is right, personally i dont want any of our players suspended or injured.

gosh... I have to confess I'm bummin' about Sal.  I was totally buying into him finding the gas.  I had more than one "Thank you!" for him recently.  I'm a thanker when someone has a good play.

That's why I'm just not upset with this team now.  Too many things just boil down to bad timing as much of a cop out as I think that is.  This Sal injury sealed it for me. I'm not dulled or deadened - I just feel like "Darn!"  you know?  It's just one of those things this year.

Thats how i feel. With the shortened season it was always a case of if there are a few bounces that dont go your way , such as a few injuries all in one go, it can pretty much destroy your season.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#35 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

wont mind not having volch for the next four games.. he made a dirty hit he pays the price big deal. its volch, not someone of major importance here.. play will be just fine if not better with out him for the next 4 games.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#36 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Thats how i feel. With the shortened season it was always a case of if there are a few bounces that dont go your way , such as a few injuries all in one go, it can pretty much destroy your season.

The other pretty crappy thing about the situation is the whole fury the Devils fans have had over the first Cup win -- the whole * issue.  How many really great arguments were put out there by Devils fans abotu how a shortened season has no bearing on anything?  and now here we are...

so we have to play Matteau in our final Rangers games to see if we can at least eliminate them from the playoffs even if we aren't in them ourselves :evil:  I hope we have a turn around - it's getting hard to imagine a little now though.

I'm here for the party

#37 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,821 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Can Lou petition the league to make it longer?

Bingo

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users