Photo

Is this the worst stretch of luck in NHL history?

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#61 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

lol the system is more then flawed my friend.. it is complete and utter sh!t.. numbers dont lie, 1 for 29 on the power play so far for the month of april, i mean i dont think ive ever even heard of a pp that bad..

Have you watched the Devils for many years?

Edited by ATLL765, 14 April 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#62 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

We were like 4-100 at one point in 2006 lol, and that was with a lot better personnel.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#63 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,903 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Shaw's system is better than Oates's - since they switched back to the Oates system and lost Kovalchuk that's when the numbers really took a tumble.

Oates's power play is running super hot, but around here that means he's an awesome coach who's clearly beaten the system.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#64 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Patrik Elias on today's PP practice: "It was fine to get out there and just move the puck. We still didn’t score. Not even in practice.”

:doh1:

Oh geeeezzz.  :doh1:

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#65 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

2013-04-12.jpghttp://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1551465/2013-04-12.jpg

Found this on InLouWeTrust. Pretty crazy if you draw a rectangle from the dots down to the goal line and consider they had 17 (17!) shots recorded in those areas. Only five shots can be dismissed as potential 'Clarkson wrist it on from the blue line' and it doesn't even include posts, or shots just wide. This truly is terrible luck

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 14 April 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#66 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Have you watched the Devils for many years?

i started following this team 17 years ago, so ive been watching for a few years lol
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#67 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Do they have other games?  I'm actually more amused by the Ottawa shots than ours.  Only four in a prime scoring area really, and they somehow get two goals out of it and win.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 14 April 2013 - 05:10 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#68 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Do they have other games?  I'm actually more amused by the Ottawa shots than ours.  Only four in a prime scoring area really, and they somehow get two goals out of it and win.

I haven't been able to find any others, the site is a little tricky

#69 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Just find the ESPN boxscores and it'll be in the gamecast.

That's the one I was talking about, I had it as 20-4.

#70 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

On XMRadio HTM, they have used the phrase "not as bad as New Jersey: a few times lately. I guess the Devs are now the measuring stick for suckiness.
It's the whiskey talking.

#71 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,343 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Found this on InLouWeTrust. Pretty crazy if you draw a rectangle from the dots down to the goal line and consider they had 17 (17!) shots recorded in those areas. Only five shots can be dismissed as potential 'Clarkson wrist it on from the blue line' and it doesn't even include posts, or shots just wide. This truly is terrible luck

I just can't put my trust in luck.  I say it means it's a team-wide shut down right at the point of shooting.  It's taking your eye off the puck.  It's true with EVERY game like this - pool, golf -- if you don't finish it's because you're not playing through the finish.

that's just the facts.  They MISS.  THEY MISS because they lose it -- they lose focus and they dont see where they're really putting the puck. They stop playing.  they think this HAS to go in and STOP PLAYING. You have to PUT IT IN STUPID. It's basic hockey.  come on even....

It's the only answer.  Luck is bullsh!t.  There;s no such thing.  Injuries means sh!tty conditioning.  THIS this horsesh!t up there -- that's stopping -- that's trusting luck and intuition just waaayyyyy too much.  stupid &*$&($ers. Clearly they stop and say Now God is going to put it in the net or some such garbage.  I bet you can point to every shot on tape and see where the eyes leave it - where you take your eyes off and the puck gets fvckED off your stick.  DeBoer is a LAWYER FOR &*#(@^SAKE.  he shoudl have cuaght this and should know how to sell it. 

Edited by Pepperkorn, 15 April 2013 - 12:51 PM.

I'm here for the party

#72 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

I want to know how the last 3 games are humanly possible. How we allow basically 1 games worth of shots on goal in 3 games, dominate territorially, get tons of chances. And get 0 points.

I know we have a useless sack of garbage in net...but for some reason I can't get on the offense too much. They are literally playing their heart out!

the sack of garbage needs to learn to square up to the shooter, needs to learn to close his five hole

These game should at least be going to OT

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#73 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Get a grip.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#74 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

7: yeah he ain't playing his best but that don't matter when we can't score a single go. It was best said as we have players who put the Puck on net but we don't have anyone putting it in. What do you want?marty letting in zero?we can't score so wouldn't matter. Doesn't matters unless we can put it in the net and we epic fail at it

#75 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

we need one of these for the leafs game

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#76 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

we need one of these for the leafs game

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=400443099

Not 'quite' as pronounced as the Ottawa game, but there weren't a lot of Clarkson prayers on the boards in this one either.

#77 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=400443099

Not 'quite' as pronounced as the Ottawa game, but there weren't a lot of Clarkson prayers on the boards in this one either.

clarkson was a beast on the boards today...didn't amount to anything but he's been better recently than he's been the past 2-3 weeks when he was just invisible. We didn't even notice him falling down.

#78 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Bottom line is if you put Reimer on the Devils tonight and Marty on the Leafs you would see a complete different outcome, that is what 7 is saying. Marty is obviously not the reason why they are losing but he is not helping at all.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#79 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

Bottom line is if you put Reimer on the Devils tonight and Marty on the Leafs you would see a complete different outcome, that is what 7 is saying. Marty is obviously not the reason why they are losing but he is not helping at all.

Agree with that yeah its pretty obvious Marty isn't playing well no. If hedberg wasn't sore I would sit marty to relax him a bit

#80 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

When a goalie doesn't face a lot of shots they rust up in the game.  I believe this is true for most goalies.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users