37 replies to this topic

#21 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Damn fvcking straight. Pep was and is the most clutch player we've ever had in terms of big goals. I can tell you I would have been standing and applauding had I been there.

"Yeah, but what's he done for us this season?"
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#22 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Any pictures of Yashin and Kamensky?

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#23 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

This was a fantastic event. We picked up a game worn of our favorite player and since it was for charity it's all good. The VIP afterwards was well worth the $100 a ticket as mostly every player came and greeted us. The Devils almuni and returning players were great and the non-Devils players were great....Leetch especially. Alexei Yashin and Carol Alt signed for everyone. Once Carol arrived people forgot all about Alexei.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#24 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Had a good time at the game today. A lot of fun and for a good cause. The on-ice auctions went really well, I thought. And the concourse table sold out of T-shirts and sweatshirts.

One of the funniest moments was when Kasparaitis skated out in front of Guerin just as he started into a penalty shot.

#25 montec24

montec24

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

Small sample of pictures taken by myself during Hockey 101 / Game. Will have more photos up in the future if anyone is interested

8647880478_d53b8bdcc4_z.jpg

8646784129_240f076ccd_z.jpg8647879958_91f2c7c28b_z.jpg8646783615_00df71f2c3_z.jpg

Edited by montec24, 14 April 2013 - 01:29 AM.

#26 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

Anyone have video of the event? And pics of the shirts?

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,323 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

I am so pissed I could not go.  How was the attendance?  It looks pretty good from the pics.

Is that Yashin???

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#28 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,059 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

One of the recaps (I think the Ledger) had the attendance at 6000, and they made $50k.

Yashin was in the game, so that picture probably is him.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#29 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

Did Scotty Stevens play ?

also I heard Fetisov didn't show up ?

#30 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yashin was there. Stevens was not

Fetisov didn't show up.

#31 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

This was a fantastic event. We picked up a game worn of our favorite player and since it was for charity it's all good. The VIP afterwards was well worth the $100 a ticket as mostly every player came and greeted us. The Devils almuni and returning players were great and the non-Devils players were great....Leetch especially. Alexei Yashin and Carol Alt signed for everyone. Once Carol arrived people forgot all about Alexei.

Did the Devils fans give Leetch a healthy amount of applause during introductions?

I know he was "the enemy" for many years, but when it comes to a cause like this, I'd like to think he was greeted warmly.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#32 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

Did the Devils fans give Leetch a healthy amount of applause during introductions?

I know he was "the enemy" for many years, but when it comes to a cause like this, I'd like to think he was greeted warmly.

Cheers all around.

He even said some complimentary things to Devils fans after the game when the microphone was being passed around, although I forget the exact wording

#33 montec24

montec24

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Here's a link to my photo gallery of photos from the game: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjEHHQmB

This picture sums up Leetch's involvement with the game pretty well. Definitely got a warmer welcome from us than Marty did during the Atlantic City game.

8650177135_f493bcf98d_z.jpg

#34 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Yeah Leetch was cool.. Some guy bid on his game worn jersey for $2,300, so Leetch came over to take photos with the guy and sign some autos
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Here's a link to my photo gallery of photos from the game: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjEHHQmB

This picture sums up Leetch's involvement with the game pretty well. Definitely got a warmer welcome from us than Marty did during the Atlantic City game.

8650177135_f493bcf98d_z.jpg

Really nice pictures.  I especially liked the ones of Richer.  He was one of my favorite NJD.  I see Duguay still skating with no helmet and his hair just blowing in the wind. lol  Who was the Russian player wearing the beanie on his head instead of a helmet?

So this was for Sandy Relief Fund for NJ only or any state?  I noticed not only the GSP exit signs but that the American players had a NJ county on the bottom back of their sweaters.  Must've been a fun event.  Thnx for taking the pictures and sharing them. :)

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#36 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Gusarov was the Russian player without the helmet

#37 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

Thnx a bunch DevsMan84.  He looked more like a sailor with his choice of head covering. :)

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#38 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Leetch was well recieved. He must have signed for 100+ people and took the time to talk hockey and pose for pics. I think any Devils fans who met him have a new found respect for him past the blue jersey and realized he's a pretty cool person as well.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users