33 replies to this topic

#21 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

I don't have the balls to make actual action calls -- I can only tell what I see - but what to do with that information - BTSOM

I'm here for the party

#22 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

I don't see how you could possibly get Kulemin and Reimer for Fayne. I don't think there's any way you'd get Reimer alone even if they got Luongo. It wouldn't surprise me if they ketp Reimer w/ Lu even if they're incompetent (as shown by them trying for Kipper when he's beyond shot) since Reimer's clearly superior at this point 

it would have to be more than fayne, to be sure. a draft pick or multiples - perhaps another non-impact prospect (meaning not severson/boucher/gelinas). i could also understand if it was just fayne for kulimen. i'd be ok with that too. getting reimer was trying to kill two birds with one stone. there are other goalies out there but he was the one i was targeting the most.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#23 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

it would have to be more than fayne, to be sure. a draft pick or multiples - perhaps another non-impact prospect (meaning not severson/boucher/gelinas). i could also understand if it was just fayne for kulimen. i'd be ok with that too. getting reimer was trying to kill two birds with one stone. there are other goalies out there but he was the one i was targeting the most.

Don't want Reimer and Kulemin isn't anything more than a very good defensive forward. If we traded Fayne, I'd want to get a guy who has offensive pop like Matt Read. That trade is so perfect, but of course it probably wouldn't happen because Philly is in the division. My plan probably isn't as exciting as some of yours. Amnesty Volchie (should be Sal, but whatever) and trade Fayne for a good pick or player who is ready to make an impact. Re-sign Zids to 1 year, 4 mill.

Greene-Merrill
Tallinder-Larsson
Sal-Zids
Harrold

Edited by SMantzas, 15 April 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#24 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Don't want Reimer and Kulemin isn't anything more than a very good defensive forward. If we traded Fayne, I'd want to get a guy who has offensive pop like Matt Read. That trade is so perfect, but of course it probably wouldn't happen because Philly is in the division. My plan probably isn't as exciting as some of yours. Amnesty Volchie (should be Sal, but whatever) and trade Fayne for a good pick or player who is ready to make an impact. Re-sign Zids to 1 year, 4 mill.

Greene-Merrill
Tallinder-Larsson
Sal-Zids
Harrold

i would also be ok with this as i think tallinder is really good. but as has been stated, i think zidlicky gets multiple years and i don't think the devils are going to eat that much money on volchenkov.

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-

#25 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

i would also be ok with this as i think tallinder is really good. but as has been stated, i think zidlicky gets multiple years and i don't think the devils are going to eat that much money on volchenkov.

Oh I know. The Salvador and Volchenkov situation(s) really suck, but if Lou properly manages his assets, it could end up being ok. My dream D would be:

Greene-Fayne

Tallinder-Larsson

Merrill-Zidlicky 

Harrold

#26 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Oh I know. The Salvador and Volchenkov situation(s) really suck, but if Lou properly manages his assets, it could end up being ok. My dream D would be:

Greene-Fayne

Tallinder-Larsson

Merrill-Zidlicky 

Harrold

there is no d you can draw up that doesn't have salvador in it - none. "best case"

greene-larsson

tallinder-merril

savador-jones

harrold

;)

20082719943.png
-

#27 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

there is no d you can draw up that doesn't have salvador in it - none. "best case"

greene-larsson

tallinder-merril

savador-jones

harrold

;)

The operative word is "dream" lol. I know there is no chance both are gone and a slim chance one is gone, but all of the guys on my corps can move the puck decently. I'm sick of having grenade handlers like Salvador and Volchenkov. They make Colin White look like Bobby Orr

#28 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Greene-Merrill
Tallinder-Larsson
Sal-Zids
Harrold

If you could somehow get Reimer, you'd have to do it. THe guy has a .920 sv% and he's playing behind a defense that is half AHLers and Gunnarsson's hurt for them. I'd probably bit the bullet on Fayne for Kulemin since pretty much teh only time he got solid top 6 minutes he did score over 20 goals and Leafs fans love him to death. I think it's easier to find another Fayne than Kulemin 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#29 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

hopefully the defense next year defends more

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#30 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

hopefully the defense next year defends more

You should hope they put up 150 points instead.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#31 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

Defense hasn't played bad defensivly. That's least of the problems.

#32 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

The defense has actually played pretty well this year, phenomenal over these last two games (only 11 and 13 shots allowed against Marty), defense is the least of our issues, but i'm curious to see how Lou handles that logjam back there and can maybe translate it into a scorer up front in a trade in the offseason.
25smul5.png

#33 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

greene-larsson
tallinder-merril
savador-jones

harrold

;)

You honestly think we're only keeping 3 of our current D men in the lineup?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#34 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

You honestly think we're only keeping 3 of our current D men in the lineup?

did you look at what i put there? i replaced fayne and volchenkov with merrill and seth jones.

what do i expect? i think that 3 of tallinder/zidlicky/fayne/volchenkov/harrold are back next year. that means that 6 of the current 8 d are still here.

20082719943.png
-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users