235 replies to this topic

#121 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

so do you guys still want to draft a defense man?

I hope we win the lottery to get mackinnon or drouin. Knowing Conte and Lou they will draft "best player available" and pick jones.

We've scored 0 goals!!!!! What the fvck is wrong with you people?!

Lets say the devils had half the amount of shots that they had this game. Marty's numbers still look ugly in this game.

#122 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Sorry but 7 is right at least in this respect. When you are only facing 10-15 shots a night you better stop them at a better rate than he has been.

Sure. But if he stops 50 it doesn't matter if no one can score. No one says he's a great goalie anymore, but no one is attacking Zajac, Henrique, Elias, Clarkson, etc.

He's clearly at the end of his career, but he's getting no help offensively.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#123 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

It's just not even worth getting angry anymore, this team really does play their hearts out every night and they aren't getting rewarded. Just gotta look towards next season and getting a good draft pick, that's all we can really do as loyal fans of this team.
25smul5.png

#124 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

To update this impossibly ridiculous statistic: the Devils have now outshot their opponents a total of 92-42 in the last three games and have lost all three in regulation.

I don't even know what to think anymore.

#125 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

LOL at people blaming Marty. They didn't score a single goal. He could've let in every single shot and it wouldn't have mattered. It's not like he gave up one in the first few minutes and the team played from behind. it was 0-0 for 2+ periods. No one can finish or even just get a lucky bounce. It's astounding.

I sincerely hope they lose out this year. At this point, it's just a matter of if we "Stop Winnin' for MacKinnon" or "Throw the Towel In for Drouin".

believe-devs.jpg

#126 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Drouin, Drouin , Drouin please.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#127 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Lou has his work cut out for him.

No, he doesn't. He'll say he has faith in the team and they'll bounce back next year.

Then he'll sign more 4th line scrubs and training camp tryouts.  

If anyone is looking forward to some kind of changes that update this roster with fresh outside talent, i think there's going to be some very dissapointed fans.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 15 April 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#128 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts

Brodeur has faced 41 shots on goal in the past 3 games. He has averaged a goal every 5 shots basically in that span. That's brain damage bad

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#129 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Absolutely embarrassed.
Last year was two games short of being the best run this team has EVER made.
This year, although a shortened season has by far been the most disgusting and humiliating thing I have witnessed EVER.
I've been a fan since 1990 and I can't compare this to anything other than ..oh wait NOTHING.
I'm going to the final game vs the Rangers just to feel that much more grossed out to be a fan of this team.
I love it bring on the pain.

I miss Parise. 

#130 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

I hope we win the lottery to get mackinnon or drouin. Knowing Conte and Lou they will draft "best player available" and pick jones.

Lets say the devils had half the amount of shots that they had this game. Marty's numbers still look ugly in this game.

I don't know, when it's 0-0 with 10 minutes left in the game, that means there's a whole lot of people not doing their job...

#131 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Sure. But if he stops 50 it doesn't matter if no one can score. No one says he's a great goalie anymore, but no one is attacking Zajac, Henrique, Elias, Clarkson, etc.

He's clearly at the end of his career, but he's getting no help offensively.

if he stops 50 we are at least in overtime. If he was a competent goalie we'd be in OT the past 3 games. with chances for more points

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#132 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Absolutely embarrassed.
This year, although a shortened season has by far been the most disgusting and humiliating thing I have witnessed EVER.
I've been a fan since 1990 and I can't compare this to anything other than ..oh wait NOTHING.
I'm going to the final game vs the Rangers just to feel that much more grossed out to be a fan of this team.

This year had been extremely frustrating to say the least but to say you are grossed out to be a fan is very fair-weather

#133 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Absolutely embarrassed.

Hell of a guy here ladies and gentleman. Give him some props for being a fan of this team, because it is so hard and demanding........

Edited by Zubie#8, 15 April 2013 - 08:45 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#134 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Almost feel embarrassed for this team... It's a total joke
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#135 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

You remember February/March when Hedberg was sh!tting the bed? We would've been licking Marty's balls if he were to let 1-2 goals in a game during that stretch, because we were scoring 3-4 goals. 1-0 (not including empty net goal) is unacceptable.

#136 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

I don't know, when it's 0-0 with 10 minutes left in the game, that means there's a whole lot of people not doing their job...

When a goalie allows about one goal per 5 shots like brodeur has the past three games, the guy in net is not doing his job either.

.800% is brutal by any measure

#137 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,847 posts

if he stops 50 we are at least in overtime. If he was a competent goalie we'd be in OT the past 3 games. with chances for more points

Real quick, total goals for last 2 games. ZERO.

You are asking a 41 year old goalie to have consecutive shutouts. You are totally unreasonable.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#138 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Btw, how about running one of these piece of sh!t opposing goaltenders for once? I've had it with average cocksuckers like James Reimer looking like Ken fvcking Dryden against us. Enough. Put the next a$$hole through the fvcking boards if it means getting any kind of edge to score A goal.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#139 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

When a goalie allows about one goal per 5 shots like brodeur has the past three games, the guy in net is not doing his job either.

.800% is brutal by any measure

The amount of shots taken is irrelevant if ONE goal against in the last 7 minutes of a game loses the game for us.

#140 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

You remember February/March when Hedberg was sh!tting the bed? We would've been licking Marty's balls if he were to let 1-2 goals in a game during that stretch, because we were scoring 3-4 goals. 1-0 (not including empty net goal) is unacceptable.

Devils were also allowing more shots on goal in that span

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users