235 replies to this topic

#141 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

It's just not even worth getting angry anymore, this team really does play their hearts out every night and they aren't getting rewarded. Just gotta look towards next season and getting a good draft pick, that's all we can really do as loyal fans of this team.

this is exactly how I'm looking at it tbh.

Edited by gsnts725, 15 April 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#142 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Which goal was his fault in the Ottawa game?   Anyways, it's amazing what happens when you have a scorer.   Scorer gets a shot off a faceoff, he scores.  Our guys keep slamming the puck into a leg pad.   There's no point of arguing this.   Woo-hoo, we may have gotten a loser point today if that didn't go in.

Man, that would help greatly.

#143 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

When a goalie allows about one goal per 5 shots like brodeur has the past three games, the guy in net is not doing his job either.

.800% is brutal by any measure

By the same token, you shouldn't have to be 'perfect' just to get a point.  And it wasn't a horrible goal, if the Leafs had got 30 shots and he gave up the same goal nobody would have said ****.  Or maybe they would have, this is NJDevs after all.  Blame the 40-year old goalie who gives up one goal when about $30 million worth of forwards can't put ONE ****ING PUCK IN NET ON SEVENTY SHOTS IN TWO GAMES!!!

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#144 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Absolutely embarrassed.
Last year was two games short of being the best run this team has EVER made.
This year, although a shortened season has by far been the most disgusting and humiliating thing I have witnessed EVER.
I've been a fan since 1990 and I can't compare this to anything other than ..oh wait NOTHING.
I'm going to the final game vs the Rangers just to feel that much more grossed out to be a fan of this team.
I love it bring on the pain.

Then go away. I can't stand people who can only cheer when a team wins. Go be "disgusted" and cheer for Pittsburgh.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#145 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Btw, how about running one of these piece of sh!t opposing goaltenders for once? I've had it with average cocksuckers like James Reimer looking like Ken fvcking Dryden against us. Enough. Put the next a$$hole through the fvcking boards if it means getting any kind of edge to score A goal.

It wouldn't and it would probably just result in a more depleted roster due to suspension.

#146 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Real quick, total goals for last 2 games. ZERO.

You are asking a 41 year old goalie to have consecutive shutouts. You are totally unreasonable.

Bingo.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#147 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

GAME SET MATCH.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#148 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Bingo.

he had 1 tough save to make in 2 games. ONE. The 2 on 0 breakaway. The kessel shot was an average scoring chance. Not super hard but not super easy. Anderson/Reimer make that in their sleep

He basically had 24 softies over the past 2 games

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#149 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Well, it sets up the ultimate challenge on Thursday, I guess.    Our explosive offense against the Flyers unstoppable defense and goaltending.

#150 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,000 posts

It wouldn't and it would probably just result in a more depleted roster due to suspension.

Depleted by losing who...there's about ten or eleven forwards on the roster not doing **** anyway.  The only guys I might cry about losing are Bernier and Carter, maybe Loiktionov.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#151 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

yea I'd like to congratulate Mason or Bryzgalov in advance on their shutout

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#152 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Every Devils game is like Groundhog Day Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

#153 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Btw, how about running one of these piece of sh!t opposing goaltenders for once? I've had it with average cocksuckers like James Reimer looking like Ken fvcking Dryden against us. Enough. Put the next a$$hole through the fvcking boards if it means getting any kind of edge to score A goal.

. Who cares at this point? If you can't beat 'em, beat the sh!t out of 'em.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#154 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

By the same token, you shouldn't have to be 'perfect' just to get a point. And it wasn't a horrible goal, if the Leafs had got 30 shots and he gave up the same goal nobody would have said ****. Or maybe they would have, this is NJDevs after all. Blame the 40-year old goalie who gives up one goal when about $30 million worth of forwards can't put ONE ****ING PUCK IN NET ON SEVENTY SHOTS IN TWO GAMES!!!

Yeah like I said the forwards deserve their fair share of the blame too by not burying basically any of their chances.
It's just frustrating when the chances are there and brodeur seemingly gives up a goal like that. It seems like they have to be perfect to win these games and the devils make it easy on Marty by allowing very few shots on net only to get beaten.

We have outshot our competition in the last two games by about a 3-1 margin and still lost. It's frustrating and baffling.

#155 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Every Devils game is like Groundhog Day Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

#156 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Nice to see some people get angry around here, it's refreshing.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#157 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

I missed the game but looking at the shots it seems like it was a typical game

www.SterioDesign.com

#158 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

aren't people always angry on this board

#159 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

It's because we - the fans- have more heart than the robots on ice making the same mistakes they seem programmed to do.

Put food on my family

#160 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

he had 1 tough save to make in 2 games. ONE. The 2 on 0 breakaway. The kessel shot was an average scoring chance. Not super hard but not super easy. Anderson/Reimer make that in their sleep

He basically had 24 softies over the past 2 games

And how many slam dunks have our forwards had that they couldn't bury? How many power plays pissed away? Yet it's all Marty's fault with you every time.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users