#21 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

DING DING DING!!

How do you expect Loktionov ( or Henrique or Josephson for that matter) to create any offense when they are stuck w/ the lies of Poni, Dagastino, Bernier & carter??  And everybody else is in major scoring slumos as well...  LL needs to get some true goal scorers next year, its painful to watch the Devs miss great opportunity after great opportunity...

Do you purposely misspell our player's names? Or do you just not pay attention? Zajak, Dagastino, Josephson. Is this the lineup for your bizarro world Devils?

#22 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Do you purposely misspell our player's names? Or do you just not pay attention? Zajak, Dagastino, Josephson. Is this the lineup for your bizarro world Devils?

I always have trouble taking people seriously when they can't even spell out players' names correctly. I understand that English might not be everyone's first language, but this isn't some minor grammar gripe, it's the players' names. They're on the jerseys. Learn 'em.

#23 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

hope they sign him, im sure they will.. once he is put into a system with chemistry he will fall back into the player we saw earlier in his time here. hes no top player for sure but he is a good 3rd line guy id say
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#24 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

hope they sign him, im sure they will.. once he is put into a system with chemistry he will fall back into the player we saw earlier in his time here. hes no top player for sure but he is a good 3rd line guy id say

He's top 6 or bust. I seriously doubt Loktionov ends up on our bottom 6 with the way he plays, he's just not going to be a defensive dynamo. Will need to produce consistently to do well.

#25 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

I always have trouble taking people seriously when they can't even spell out players' names correctly. I understand that English might not be everyone's first language, but this isn't some minor grammar gripe, it's the players' names. They're on the jerseys. Learn 'em.

+1

If you watch any amount of games over the course of a season, you should know.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#26 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

wow... dis'in' a founder.

red started the board with DM way back when. 

I'm here for the party

#27 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Just strolled down memory lane looking at post totals - I remember being ashamed of myself because I was about to post more than red - who had held the top post total amount for a while... and zamode was right up there with us...  so I looked - you two stopped around the 5000 mark!!!  Can you stand it even? 

You two.. as if you're even reading 

and FYI - red misspells his own name and "and" and "the" as well..

I'm here for the party

#28 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

+1

If you watch any amount of games over the course of a season, you should know.

and Zajac's not exactly a hard name to spell and he's not exactly a new player 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#29 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

I'm here for the party

#30 Wolfy

Wolfy

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Lokti is not going anywhere, I'm 100% sure he will be re-signed. Even if his production has decreased, well, we haven't exactly been scoring a lot lately, so that's to be expected. On the ice, he has an excellent ability in gaining the zone and his passing and playmaking are up there as well.

His confidence has dropped alongside his teammates', but when he was fired up, he kind of resembled Kovy when handling the puck (i.e. skating around players like they were cones).

Edited by Wolfy, 17 April 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#31 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

and Zajac's not exactly a hard name to spell and he's not exactly a new player 

You should pay attention to what PK is saying. red started this forum before this site even existed. Does he have trouble with spelling? Yes. Is it worth bothering about? No. He will always misspell at least half a dozen names and other things in his posts. That's almost as much a signature of his as PK's halfway lunatic ramblings about stalking Scott Stevens. There is a reason why his tag is Hockey God and those of us who still are around from when DM made his post on red's board that he was starting this site and moved all of us off of that pop-up laden disaster page understand that in a world that really didn't have very much Devils-focused internet presence, red was there to bring us fans together.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#32 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

wow... dis'in' a founder.

red started the board with DM way back when.  TskTsk_emoticon.gif

Just strolled down memory lane looking at post totals - I remember being ashamed of myself because I was about to post more than red - who had held the top post total amount for a while... and zamode was right up there with us...  so I looked - you two stopped around the 5000 mark!!!  Can you stand it even? 

You two.. as if you're even reading  lonely-1.gif

and FYI - red misspells his own name and "and" and "the" as well..

Aaahhhh yes, Network 54 days.  I had to go and look at some of those posts again.  And Zamode, I miss her. She always spelled redrum in red.  People had their monikers and no one complained.  I wonder if I went back to using "dew" for do, due or doo what would happen.  Glad I stopped that.  I would be swiss cheese by now. lol  Remember Pooh said, "My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#33 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

I like our group next year if they find a good winger. Also find a younger replacement for Poni, he has been playing uninspired hockey, its hard to watch a 6'4 player play so small. Matteau would be doing a better job than him right now.

??? - Loktionov - Kovalchuk

Elias Zajac Zubrus

??? Henrique Clarkson

Carter Josefson Bernier

Gimme two left wingers please.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#34 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

I like our group next year if they find a good winger. Also find a younger replacement for Poni, he has been playing uninspired hockey, its hard to watch a 6'4 player play so small. Matteau would be doing a better job than him right now.

??? - Loktionov - Kovalchuk

Elias Zajac Zubrus

??? Henrique Clarkson

Carter Josefson Bernier

Gimme two left wingers please.

I think Matteau gets every chance to make the team out of camp, so that should eliminate the third line LW spot. Maybe we could see Drouin  :thumbsup:

#35 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Did anyone else see that he was dropped to the "5th" line today in practice? That's an interesting move.

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Pete punishing the kids again for every little mistake, while the vets continually slide.  That's the one thing I don't like about the head coach.

Probably a moot point anyway now that Kovy's hurt and not playing, so Lokti'll go back in the lineup tomorrow I'd guess.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 April 2013 - 08:07 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#37 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Pete punishing the kids again for every little mistake, while the vets continually slide.  That's the one thing I don't like about the head coach.

Probably a moot point anyway now that Kovy's hurt and not playing, so Lokti'll go back in the lineup tomorrow I'd guess.

Bothers me as well, I don't get it.

#38 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

I thought it was the opposite in Florida lol didnt a lot of vets get annoyed at Pete in Florida?

believe-zubrus.jpg

#39 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

I thought it was the opposite in Florida lol didnt a lot of vets get annoyed at Pete in Florida?

did they even have any vets in FL when he was there besides Weiss? They brought in all Tallon's FA mercenaries after PDB 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#40 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

did they even have any vets in FL when he was there besides Weiss? They brought in all Tallon's FA mercenaries after PDB 

Clemmer didnt like him haha. I guess thats a vet.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users