67 replies to this topic

#61 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

If it's your first language, and you can't spell, that's just laziness. I'm sorry, but language and grammar=intelligence. It's what separates us from the animals.

That...and opposable thumbs.  :giggle:

Posted Image

#62 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

That...and opposable thumbs.  :giggle:

#63 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hey misspelling and poor grammar drive me nuts too. But life is too short to get your shorts in a knot over it.

I miss Za mode too!
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#64 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

I was talking if you grew up in the developed world. And say being dyslexic isn't illiterate, they just mix it up once it comes out, but the ability to communicate does = intelligence, does it not? And grammar is the rules of communication.

All those years prior to the written alphabet all there was in the world was a bunch of retards.  sh!t... To think about what those retards have evolved into...  Evolution is greater than we thought.

#65 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

I also tell him I think his Marty talk is utter bs, but no one here whines about how we shouldn't tell him he's completely off base about his constant Marty bashing.

I don't understand your point. I didn't tell him I don't think he should post on the board. I spoke my feelings, others agreed. Now you, way late to the party, want to complain to me. I don't care. Every comment you make reeks of 'I'm so much better than you in every way' bs aura. You're insufferable.

Kinda like basically calling someone an animal cause they can't spell and or type.

Pot, Mr. Kettle,  Kettle, Mr. Pot.

Will be nice to see Loki next year with a full camp and some time to develop chemistry with the team.

I admit it,  I just wanted a post on 4-20 with pot somehow thrown in.

Joe

#66 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Happy Weed Day JoeB!  So good to see you again.  :boogie:

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#67 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Kinda like basically calling someone an animal cause they can't spell and or type.

Pot, Mr. Kettle,  Kettle, Mr. Pot.

Will be nice to see Loki next year with a full camp and some time to develop chemistry with the team.

I admit it,  I just wanted a post on 4-20 with pot somehow thrown in.

When they spell the same things wrong 100 times, I'm sorry, yes, that's laziness. It's not like he can't read the backs of the jerseys that are visible every game, the players are mostly the same from last year even. There's no excuse if you're a fan of the team, to spell the player's names wrong. And you're making a leap to say I called him an animal. Our complex grammar does separate us from the animals, that's a fact, but just because I said the existence of intricate rules of language is particularly human, doesn't mean that I thought redrum was an animal for misspelling things. And it's not like I jump all over anyone, it was only for the fact that I've seen him misspell all of our players names many, many, many times, usually while complaining about how they suck.

#68 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Geez, are we still dumping on Red here?  Listen, with anybody else it does bug the crap out of me, but when Red does it... I dunno, it's just part of the redruM charm.  He actually tried to take the time to slow down and type correctly once and it just wasn't the same.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users