Photo

Devils vs Rags 1/26/14 - Yankee Stadium - Official!

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#41 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

I don't think the Rags will have all that big a crowd advantage. Maybe 30k Rag fans 20k Devils fans.

Edited by '7', 16 April 2013 - 09:27 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#42 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Lou is a member of the board for the Yankees no? hence why we are the home team.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#43 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Lou is a member of the board for the Yankees no? hence why we are the home team.

home team thing is likely because rangers couldn't be home team at both and the devils have the greater season ticket holder base with which to get more $ from.

between this and the draft, it's the league feeding some extra $ the devils way.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

I'm sure there'll be some limit on the # of tickets sth's can purchase, I doubt they're going to make it easy for you to be able to invite all your third cousins and message board posters, even if Yankee Stadium's almost three times the size of the Rock.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 April 2013 - 09:47 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#45 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

home team thing is likely because rangers couldn't be home team at both and the devils have the greater season ticket holder base with which to get more $ from.

between this and the draft, it's the league feeding some extra $ the devils way.

Really?!?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

I think he means the Devils have the greater sth base than the Islanders, hence why we were the other home team.  I could have sworn I heard the Isles were going to be a home team too, I guess it's the Rangers though.  Wouldn't make much sense to have the Rangers be the road team for every WC.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 April 2013 - 09:57 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#47 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Wonder when tickets will go up forsale?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#48 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

I think he means the Devils have the greater sth base than the Islanders, hence why we were the home team.  I could have sworn I heard the Isles were going to be a home team too, I guess not.

I heard that too. And it makes sense... then the Rags get the 2 outdoor games, PLUS their 41 home dates. Wouldn't shock me if Devs and Isles are home. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#49 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Of course I wont have season tickets next season. Hopefully Colin can hook me up! :)

believe-zubrus.jpg

#50 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

count me in! We were never going to get a wc, nor would lou let us.. so this is the next best thing.. watered down or not.. they have my money..

#51 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Really?!?

I think he means the Devils have the greater sth base than the Islanders, hence why we were the other home team.  I could have sworn I heard the Isles were going to be a home team too, I guess it's the Rangers though.  Wouldn't make much sense to have the Rangers be the road team for every WC.

yes - that is what i meant - devils have about 8,000 full sth and another 3,000-4,000 partial sth (which include people that buy 4 or 6 game packages). i would imagine that the 8k full season ticket holders will all be given the "opportunity" to take one of their 41 home games and pay at least 2-10 times greater than the regular face value for that ticket. look - i'm not complaining as i will be one of them. i'm certainly excited for it, but i would imagine that my ice lounge seats that are $250 face will be something like $400 face for that game.

players have to be pretty happy about this also as it will get the total revenues up nicely and help raise the salary cap.

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Of course I wont have season tickets next season. Hopefully Colin can hook me up! :)

Oh gee that's too bad...I figured you were just moving out of the section and going elsewhere in the building.

I don't know how many of my other friends actually want to go.  I'll definitely keep you in mind too depending on the ticket limits. 

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 April 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#53 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

yes - that is what i meant - devils have about 8,000 full sth and another 3,000-4,000 partial sth (which include people that buy 4 or 6 game packages). i would imagine that the 8k full season ticket holders will all be given the "opportunity" to take one of their 41 home games and pay at least 2-10 times greater than the regular face value for that ticket. look - i'm not complaining as i will be one of them. i'm certainly excited for it, but i would imagine that my ice lounge seats that are $250 face will be something like $400 face for that game.

players have to be pretty happy about this also as it will get the total revenues up nicely and help raise the salary cap.

I see.  Also, if you think you are going to get a Club Seat equivalent at the Yankee Stadium game for $400....I think you are overly optimistic....but I hope you're right!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#54 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

The rumor is the Rangers are playing both as the road team.   I think the Isles game on a Wednesday has folly potential.

#55 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

my friend and i are dying to go.. my only concern is that by the time i get the money, the tickets will already be sold out

:doh1:  :doh1:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#56 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

Oh gee that's too bad...I figured you were just moving out of the section and going elsewhere in the building.

I don't know how many of my other friends actually want to go.  I'll definitely keep you in mind too depending on the ticket limits. 

Thanks! Its more of a travel issue, I now live in central Ocean County so its a pain and a lot of money to take that trip 44 times a year.

EDIT: might grab a partial plan though. Going to 13-18 games sounds more reasonable to me.

Edited by Zubie#8, 16 April 2013 - 10:34 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#57 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

I see.  Also, if you think you are going to get a Club Seat equivalent at the Yankee Stadium game for $400....I think you are overly optimistic....but I hope you're right!

it depends how they do it - if they basically make club seats legends seats, you might be right. but the truth is, those would be the absolute worst seats - you'll see nothing. the best seats, i would imagine, would be first rows of the upper deck or the loge section.

here is a good article from last year regarding the classic in Philly:

http://www.broadstre...ew-york-rangers

just to add something though - this is obviously more about being at the event than a great viewing experience.

the pomp and circumstance and what i pray are cool heritage jerseys would be a nice touch. i'd be perhaps a little disappointed if they just went with the usual once a year throwbacks and downright angry if they just wear the regular home reds. i've always agreed with lou on the idea of keeping the jersey the same and not having an alternate every other year but this is special enough that I'd like to see something a little different.

i don't think they change the color scheme to go back to Colorado or KC colors. there's obviously this old logo they could go with: 

New_Jersey_Devils_unused.jpg

or perhaps New Jersey or Devils written in script sort of like what Minnesota's jerseys look like:

29-05033-J.jpg

Edited by sundstrom, 16 April 2013 - 10:35 PM.

20082719943.png
-

#58 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

I hope season ticket holders will get tickets (can only assume this is the case), but maybe they'll be able to order more? Always wondered how the ticketing worked.

Super excited though!

#59 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

so i was right about the cryptic season ticket holder letter i got. 

no the letter i got said in the event devils play a home game not at the rock, there are refund options available. no word on the ticket given to us outright. we will probably get the option to buy discount early but not a given ticket.

The tickets won't be "included" in our packages, but based on that letter we got, all season ticket holders will be guaranteed seats should they choose to buy them.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#60 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

I hope season ticket holders will get tickets (can only assume this is the case), but maybe they'll be able to order more? Always wondered how the ticketing worked.

Super excited though!

http://capitals.nhl....STH_FAQ-JVS.pdf

EDIT: Nevermind, that was for the Caps sth's, and they were the road team for that game.  I'd assume we get a 'few' more than that.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 April 2013 - 10:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users