Photo

Devils vs Rags 1/26/14 - Yankee Stadium - Official!

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#61 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,447 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

http://flyers.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=73656

Maybe it does work the same way for home sth's too...apparently Flyer fans only got to purchase the # of seats they had on their sth account last year and they were the home team.

How many tickets do Season Ticket Holders get?
2011-12 Flyers full season ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase the same number of Winter Classic ticket packages as 2011-12 full season seats they own.

Will Season Ticket Holders be able to purchase additional tickets?

We do not anticipate there will be additional tickets available for sale for the 2012 Bridgestone Winter Classic.  For information on additional tickets to the Flyers vs. Rangers Alumni game on December 31, 2011 or the Phantoms vs. Hershey Bears game on January 6, 2012, please contact Flyers Sales Department at 215-218-PUCK (7825).

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 April 2013 - 10:41 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#62 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

So the Rangers are the road team, for the two stadium games in New York City...effectively giving them 43 home games next year. (Yeah, yeah, split crowds and all, but still.)

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#63 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

I will be there come hell or high water, of course. But I think all of the outdoor games are overkill- we certainly don't need 6 of them. But that's the NHL- they can't help fvcking up a good thing, its just what they do, although it will make them a ton of money, so I'm sure they don't care lol.

I agree. When I heard there were 6 outdoor games I thought the NHL was messing up yet another good thing. Then, when I found out we were in one, my jaw dropped.

-Baseball stadiums sucks for these games. Hope Yankee stadium isn't as bad as citizens bank park or wrigley field with sight lines for this type of game.
-I'm hearing that the two Yankee stadium games are because of wanting to exploit the superbowl media that will be in town. My concern, however, is that the superbowl will actually overshadow these outdoor games and that they won't get the attention they deserve.
-Bet Marty is def happy he asked for that two year deal. As a fan, I'm happy he will be able to play in one.
-Could playing in one help lure FA's?

#64 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

Add me to the list of people thinking all these outdoor games are overkill.

And then add me to the list of people who will try like heck to get tickets to the Rangers-Devils game.

#65 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

my friend and i are dying to go.. my only concern is that by the time i get the money, the tickets will already be sold out

:doh1:  :doh1:

The 2 games in the same week may keep prices reasonable. That's about 100,000 hockey tickets on the market between the 2 games.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#66 NHLeBeau44

NHLeBeau44

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm definitely not a huge fan on these outdoor expansions. It ruins the spectacle of the Winter Classic, IMO

That being said; I'm going to try to attend the game.

#67 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

Awesome news.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#68 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

holy fvck
LET'S GO DEVILS

#69 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

hOOOOOORAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#70 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

We still need to make sure we fill that building as much as possible.. I plan to buy as many tix as I can and sell at cost to Devils fans.. This is very exciting

Assuming I'm not on my honeymoon, I will be looking for tix...
Posted Image

#71 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

i think i will buy a ticket to this game and venture over from Australia. would be quite memorable!

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#72 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

i think i will buy a ticket to this game and venture over from Australia. would be quite memorable!

You definitely should! This is like a once-in-a-Devil-fan's-lifetime experience lol.. Very cool that you're such a big fan from out there!!

A huge positive for the Devils in this is that the run to the finals last year left them with a huge database to market to.. No doubt it has helped them sell so many tix this season, and I'm hoping it will help fill Yankee Stadium next season

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#73 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

I agree. When I heard there were 6 outdoor games I thought the NHL was messing up yet another good thing. Then, when I found out we were in one, my jaw dropped.

-Baseball stadiums sucks for these games. Hope Yankee stadium isn't as bad as citizens bank park or wrigley field with sight lines for this type of game.
-I'm hearing that the two Yankee stadium games are because of wanting to exploit the superbowl media that will be in town. My concern, however, is that the superbowl will actually overshadow these outdoor games and that they won't get the attention they deserve.
-Bet Marty is def happy he asked for that two year deal. As a fan, I'm happy he will be able to play in one.
-Could playing in one help lure FA's?

Playing in this game will have absolute NO bearing on luring FA's....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#74 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

I sat on the send tier of Citizens Bank Park for the Penn State game there after the Winter Classic and was pleasantly surprised I was able to see everything just fine. Downstairs would have been a different story though.

#75 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

So we have a “home game” against the rangers in NY? We really got screwed on this one.

#76 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Finally some good news regarding the Devils this month.  As Colin said, this is a once in a lifetime experience.  Hopefully, because the Rags are playing 2 games within the same week at Yankee Stadium, their neandrethal fans will be forced to choose which game to attend, thinning their numbers a bit for both and evening the crowds out. 

Love the fact that we are playing the Sunday game, rather than the Wednesday.  I'm not sure how it works, but I would be willing to bet the NHL takes all of the revenue from these outdoor games and pays the home team the equivalent of what they make for a sellout at their home arena for the game while pocketing the rest.  If that is the case, then it makes sense for the Rags to be the away team because they will get to keep their 41 home dates and, essentially, get 2 extra home games (crowd advantage wise) while showcasing the franchise.

Posted Image

#77 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

not sure how excited i really am about all of this, dont get me wrong its pretty awsome and all but i feel like to put a rink in the middle of yankee stadium is there going to be a good seat in the place? Already assuming that it will be extremely over priced. I dont know maybe i just really like prudential center even though i will probably go any way.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#78 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

So we have a “home game” against the rangers in NY? We really got screwed on this one.

Devils will make infinitely more money from this game than in NJ

#79 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

So now I'll get to hear 30,000 people chant "Mar-ty", awesome. I'll put the over under at 8 seconds for the first one. But ya, Ill still go.

Actually, do you think they'll be more marty chants or rangers sucks whistles?

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

#80 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Devils will make infinitely more money from this game than in NJ

That wasn't my point. We are basically giving a home game away to the rangers. Besides I'm sure they would make more $$ if the game were in NJ (Metlife Stadium)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users