Photo

Devils vs Rags 1/26/14 - Yankee Stadium - Official!

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#101 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,038 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

The Devils can probably get around that with tiered pricing, say that's a super premier game lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#102 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

The Devils can probably get around that with tiered pricing, say that's a super premier game lol.

I was thinking that too, but still. If they release a pricing schedule and claim it as one thing, then charge you more, that's still breach of contract. You signed a contract to buy X tickets at $X/ticket, even if you never signed anything, just by buying it, you've entered a contract. If they don't give you that amount of tickets for that price, it's violating your contract with them. Again, unless there's a provision in there covering this.

Edited by ATLL765, 17 April 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#103 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

I would like to think so...consider that this ISN'T the Winter Classic and I don't think should be priced as such and given the same treatment.

n2eg.jpg

#104 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,038 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

They also sent out a notice to sth's in the renewal package about getting back a credit for games not played at the Rock. So you'll get back the $35 (this year in 120) or whatever a normal Ranger home game will be next year in your section with premier prices and get to put it towards the Winter Classic ticket purchase if you wish.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 April 2013 - 01:08 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#105 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

They also sent out a notice to sth's in the renewal package about getting back a credit for games not played at the Rock. So you'll get back the $35 (this year in 120) or whatever a normal Ranger home game will be next year in your section with premier prices and get to put it towards the Winter Classic ticket purchase if you wish.

Well, that would cover it then. Either take the money back or pay the extra to see the game. Fair enough.

#106 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

What are you talking about?  The SuperBowl next year is on Feb 2nd, which is exactly 1 week after the outdoor game on the 26th.  They also need time to prep Metlife for the Superbowl as well as rehearsals for the pre-game and halftime shows.

Rags fans will still have more than 50% of the stadium.  Even at their worst last year during the playoffs, there were more Rags fans coming to the Rock last year than Devils fans going to MSG.

Not sure you can make that clear connection just because less Devils fans go to MSG. MSG's had a high season ticket and corporate account network for decades. Singles on StubHub go for $120+ for regular season, it's no surprise why Devils fans won't bother going out of their way to go to MSG. I mean, even Rangers fans can't afford it and you see a lot of them at Devils games on nights where Rangers are playing at MSG simultaneously lol...

If Devils have an allotment of 50% of the capacity's tickets, I can't really think of any reason why they wouldn't be able to get Devils fans into those seats. It's not like these tickets will be up on Ticketmaster as a free-for-all, they'll be able to sell exclusively to Devils fans/STH, so the size/demand of the Rangers fanbase will be irrelevant.

#107 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Casual fans would love to go until they hear/see the prices for this...

Plenty of casual fans were filling our building up during the playoffs. Massive media hype can do some mysterious things to get people to come out of the woodwork for an event like that.

#108 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Bingo.  That notice, sent with your STH renewal, is likely enough for them to get around the lawsuits brought against the Flyers.  They provided everyone with 3 options, including a full refund of the amount of your season ticket, so you really can't complain that they are being unfair.  I would expect prices to be a little more than double what they are for home games at the Rock, but less than the $300+ most people have to pay to attend the Winter Classic (unless of course you are sitting in Club Seats now and are looking for equivalent tickets at Yankee Stadium).  I doubt they will require us to buy tickets to things like the Alumni game, etc., but you never know.

Posted Image

#109 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, I'd be pretty shocked if I get into this game for the same price as my regular seat at the Rock. (Although if that's how they make it work, I certainly won't complain.)

I'm not sure exactly how much more I'm willing to pay, but as has been pointed out a) it is very likely to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and b) I did save more-or-less a half-season's worth of ticket money this year.

Probably the bigger problem will be convincing my wife to sit out in the cold all that time....

#110 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

I was thinking that too, but still. If they release a pricing schedule and claim it as one thing, then charge you more, that's still breach of contract. You signed a contract to buy X tickets at $X/ticket, even if you never signed anything, just by buying it, you've entered a contract. If they don't give you that amount of tickets for that price, it's violating your contract with them. Again, unless there's a provision in there covering this.

I did not see any such notice in my account when I renewed online....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#111 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,038 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

I did not see any such notice in my account when I renewed online....

It came in the mail package.  Even if you renewed online you still should have gotten the 'hard copy' in one of those white envelopes.  I believe this is what it was (saw it posted elsewhere since I didn't keep it):

In the event that the National Hockey League selects the New Jersey Devils to participate in a regular-season game(s) to take place at a venue other than the Prudential Center, season ticket holders ("STH") will have the option to:

1. Receive a full refund equal to the amount of the ticket purchased for the game originally scheduled at the Prudential Center (the "original Ticket")
2. Receive a Season Ticket Holder account credit in the amount equal to the original Ticket purchase price.
3. Credit the amount equal to the Original Ticket price purchase price toward the ticket price of the newly scheduled game played at an alternative venue (the "Event Ticket").

-In the event that the original Ticket price is less than the Event Ticket price, Season Ticket Holder will be required to pay the difference.
-In the event that the Original Ticket price is more than the Event Ticket price, Season Ticket Holder shall, at its discretion, receive a Season Ticket Holder account credit, or refund, in the amount of the difference.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 April 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#112 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Quite frankly I never opened my hard notice and this little paragraph was nowhere to be found online....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#113 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,917 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Just curious if we also get our logo at center ice!?

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#114 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Just curious if we also get our logo at center ice!?

I'll bet it will be an "Outdoor/Stadium Series" logo, but I could be wrong.....

#115 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

soo....hmm.gif 

does this count as a game day thread? 

(so ha!  got my old trusty unsure back)

Edited by Pepperkorn, 17 April 2013 - 03:58 PM.

I'm here for the party

#116 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

soo....hmm.gif

does this count as a game day thread? 

unsure-smiley-face.gif

(so ha!  got my old trusty unsure back)

If this qualifies as a GDT, it will likely be over 100 pages by the time the puck is dropped....

#117 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Quite frankly I never opened my hard notice and this little paragraph was nowhere to be found online....

Legally, they still sent you a notice. That's all they had to do to cover themselves.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#118 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Per TG: "Devils G Martin Brodeur thinks game vs. Rangers at Yankee Stadium 'will be fun.'" Gee, I sure hope he has good seats... :P .

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#119 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Per TG: "Devils G Martin Brodeur thinks game vs. Rangers at Yankee Stadium 'will be fun.'" Gee, I sure hope he has good seats... :P .

The Devils' crease should provide a pretty good view!

#120 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Lou didn't have anything to do with this. This and getting the draft as hosts were by Vanderbeek and the NHL together.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users