Photo

Devils vs Rags 1/26/14 - Yankee Stadium - Official!

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#141 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

I love the idea of outdoor games, it hits the nostalgia button for me.

is it a novelty? yep. is it a damn cool novelty? yep!

going to at least one outdoor game that means something to me in the middle of winter would just be amazing.

can STH keep me in mind when pricing and release dates come out so i can potentially paypal someone for a ticket? :D

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#142 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

When my 12 year old son turns 60, he will think back and tell his kids about being there with his dad :) Him in his Kovy jersey, me in my Elias Christmas tree jersey, both of us freezing and complaining about the hot dogs being too cold to eat SECONDS after we got them (for only 5 bucks each, can you imagine!!) in that January cold.

I'll be there, no doubt :) With my boy Seamus, and we'll f*'ing win, too!

Go DEVILS!!!!!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#143 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

Sorry if this was already mentioned. Has anyone heard anything else about tickets?

NHL makes it official: Devils and Rangers will play in Yankee Stadium

By Rich Chere/The Star-Ledger

on May 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM, updated May 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM

The NHL has made it official: The Devils and Rangers will meet in an outdoor game at Yankee Stadium at 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 26, 2014, and the Rangers and Islanders will face off in the ballpark Jan. 29 at 7:30 p.m.

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said he is looking forward to the game, in which the Devils will be the home team.

“I think it’s going to be a fantastic experience for everybody involved, certainly with the iconic nostalgia of Yankee Stadium,” Lamoriello said. “Along with the fans coming into that environment that we’ve watched on TV and our players experiencing it, we are thrilled to play our divisional rival. We're proud to have been selected, most importantly for the fans.”

Further details on this special NHL event, including national broadcast information and specifics on ticket opportunities for the season-ticket holders of each team, will be released shortly. Fans interested in receiving more information on ticketing, news and special offers around the event should register at www.NHL.com/2014NewYork.

http://www.nj.com/de...l_devils_a.html

#144 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

Nope no additional info has been released.. All we know is that STH are guaranteed tickets, but I recommend signing up for their updates

Edited by Colin226, 18 May 2013 - 09:57 AM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#145 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

The Devils will be probably allow you to purchase the same amount of tickets you have for this game as you have season tickets on your account. So if you have three season tickets you'll be granted access for three seats together at Yankee Stadium.

#146 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

I signed up for their updates. Hopefully they'll keep everyone in the loop.

I saw where someone posted on Facebook that he called the Devils and they said to him that 13,000 tickets are going to the Devils season ticket holders, 13,000 to Rangers season ticket holders, 13,000 to the Yankees and 13,000 to the NHL (whatever that means).

I have no idea if that's true, but I hope not seeing as how I'm not a season ticket holder. Unless maybe the NHL's tix will be put up for sale to NHL fans.  :noclue:

Edited by 95Crash, 18 May 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#147 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Why get excited the Devils will lose, Brodeur is in goal and Lou is GM.

#148 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Ugh I know, just like the ECF last year.. Can't handle that same disappointment..

Combine that with the fact that the Devils have literally never won an outdoor game and we're totally screwed
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#149 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

signed up for updates, see what happens now.. although thanks to Superbowl week, flights in/out of NYC are stupidly rich.. may have to be creative in travel around the USA.. see what happens.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#150 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

tumblr_lz3gd4LugV1r6i3cdo1_500.jpg

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#151 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

What are the sentiments about specialty jerseys? Would you like to see them? Do you think we'll see them?

Personally, I'm always interested in a new jersey, but I think it'd be cool, just to have them in our regular home reds. Plus I don't know if Lou would be into the idea, maybe the most we see is a special patch or something.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#152 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

What are the sentiments about specialty jerseys? Would you like to see them? Do you think we'll see them?Personally, I'm always interested in a new jersey, but I think it'd be cool, just to have them in our regular home reds. Plus I don't know if Lou would be into the idea, maybe the most we see is a special patch or something.

. I'm hoping for the white Christmas tree jerseys myself.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#153 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

I'd LOVE to see us go with an xmas style jersey, like every other team had a "3rd" jersey for their WC games.  I'd love for us to get one and the Rag$ use the ones they used last year.  I'd absolutely buy one and all the specific gear made for it.

Posted Image Posted Image

#154 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

i think it would be pretty likely for them to come out with the retro jersey... at the very least we will definently see a new patch.. generate revenue anyway they can they'll want people to go order a new jersey with the added patch.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#155 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

If we're truly going to go with a retro jersey, it would be cool to see a Scouts or Rockies jersey. Definitely out of the question though because Lou probably wants to "represent New Jersey"
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#156 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

Since we are the "home" team I don't expect anything other than the regular red or retro red jerseys.

I hope they bring out the white retro jerseys but knowing Lou I won't hold my breath

#157 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

Being a Colorado native, I'd live to see the Devs rock the retro jerseys they had when they were the Rockies. The jersey with the Colorado 'C' in the triangle like they have in the NHL video games are sooooo sick 😁😁😁😁

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#158 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

Being a Colorado native, I'd live to see the Devs rock the retro jerseys they had when they were the Rockies. The jersey with the Colorado 'C' in the triangle like they have in the NHL video games are sooooo sick

Won't ever happen, especially against their hated rival, who happen to wear a shade of blue pretty close to what the Rockies and Scouts wore back in the day.  You can go with white of course, but I think the Devils have done just enough in going with the Devils red and green retro jerseys only.  The Scouts' and Rockies' history doesn't mean much (if anything) to a lot of Devil fans...both teams' histories were so brief and forgettable in the grand scheme that there's no real compelling reason to wear either teams' jerseys during a game.  The red-and-greens have the same logo and are instantly recognizable...if the Devils ever broke out the Rockies jerseys, I think you'd have a fair amount of "huh?"s and "why?"s. 

Don't get me wrong, I've always dug the Rockies jerseys as well, and there was a time I thought it'd be cool to see the Devils wear them, but at this point, it would feel like the Devils would be shoehorning them in just for the sake of doing it...there is such a thing as both retro and jersey overkill, and I like that the Devils have kept it simple all of these years.  There's a clear fan connection to the red-and-greens, especially for older fans like me (I'll be 43 in June).  At least the Devils, with the opening of the Rock, have finally acknowledged that the team didn't appear out of thin air:  they put up the large painting of the history of the franchise, complete with buildings and jerseys, and have the jersey display as well.  As far as the Scouts/Rockies go, I think that's all the homage the Devils owe them.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#159 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Won't ever happen, especially against their hated rival, who happen to wear a shade of blue pretty close to what the Rockies and Scouts wore back in the day.  You can go with white of course, but I think the Devils have done just enough in going with the Devils red and green retro jerseys only.  The Scouts' and Rockies' history doesn't mean much (if anything) to a lot of Devil fans...both teams' histories were so brief and forgettable in the grand scheme that there's no real compelling reason to wear either teams' jerseys during a game.  The red-and-greens have the same logo and are instantly recognizable...if the Devils ever broke out the Rockies jerseys, I think you'd have a fair amount of "huh?"s and "why?"s. 

Don't get me wrong, I've always dug the Rockies jerseys as well, and there was a time I thought it'd be cool to see the Devils wear them, but at this point, it would feel like the Devils would be shoehorning them in just for the sake of doing it...there is such a thing as both retro and jersey overkill, and I like that the Devils have kept it simple all of these years.  There's a clear fan connection to the red-and-greens, especially for older fans like me (I'll be 43 in June).  At least the Devils, with the opening of the Rock, have finally acknowledged that the team didn't appear out of thin air:  they put up the large painting of the history of the franchise, complete with buildings and jerseys, and have the jersey display as well.  As far as the Scouts/Rockies go, I think that's all the homage the Devils owe them.   

agreed, not only woyld that never happen but it would be quite weird and would leave just about everyone confused and thinking wtf is going on. Should the jets wear thrasher jerseys?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#160 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

agreed, not only woyld that never happen but it would be quite weird and would leave just about everyone confused and thinking wtf is going on. Should the jets wear thrasher jerseys?

At least the Thrashers are in everyone's recent memory up there, if the Jets ever chose to honor the history of their franchise with a Thrasher jersey night, for whatever the reason...the Rockies ceased to exist in 1982.  There isn't a great abundance of Devils fans who ever saw the Rockies play, or have any memories of their existence.   

Admittedly, I'm not really sure on this...but does anyone know of any teams that broke out the franchise's previous location's jersey for a retro-night, for whatever the reason?  I'm not sure, but did the Avs ever break out the Nordique jerseys for a game?  For some reason I think they did.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users