21 replies to this topic

#1 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Just think if Rangers lose to Buffalo, we beat Florida, then beat Rangers were only 2 points back and we get to play them again... I know it sounds crazy but stranger things have happened.

#2 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I didn't realize it is between only the Devils and the Rangers. The Devils have a shot at knocking the Rangers out of the playoffs. That is it. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#3 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Winning anything at this point is a bad idea.  Without Kovalchuk they would get swept in the first round.  Hell, with him they'll get swept in the first round.  The only place the Devils need to win right now is at the draft table.

#4 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

I heard Kovy might be back Sat... I hear you both about the draft picks.. But I would love to make the playoffs

#5 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

PS all I really care about is knocking Rangers out..

#6 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

No...no no no. Have to pass the Jets and the Sabres. Knock the Rags out of the playoffs and I will be satisfied.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#7 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

You were saying?

#8 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

nothing to see here, everyone move on Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

#9 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Stop it already.  Just enjoy the remainder of the season, and take it for what it is.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 19 April 2013 - 07:15 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#10 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Winning anything at this point is a bad idea.  Without Kovalchuk they would get swept in the first round.  Hell, with him they'll get swept in the first round.  The only place the Devils need to win right now is at the draft table.

Back in 1984 we were really bad as a team.  That year it was suggested that the Devils tank so as to have the 1st round draft pick who was Mario Lemieux.  Tom McVie was incensed at the thought of sandbagging to get the 1st round pick.  He said athletes play to win regardless of math and no game is meaningless.  At the 1984 draft Pittsburgh drafted Mario Lemieux 1st overall and the Devils drafted Kirk Muller, 2nd overall.  I believe athletes play to win regardless of circumstances. :)

Edited by StarDew, 19 April 2013 - 07:17 PM.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#11 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Just think if Rangers lose to Buffalo, we beat Florida, then beat Rangers were only 2 points back and we get to play them again... I know it sounds crazy but stranger things have happened.

Rags are up 6-0 ......its over Johnny

#12 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Lol I just saw that.. Oh well

#13 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Lol I just saw that.. Oh well

Lets just hope Lou gets some pieces to the puzzle over the summer, and we start fresh next season.

#14 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

The Rangers scored 5 goals in 3 minutes between the end of the first and beginning of the second. Remember when they couldn't score? If i'm Buffalo, that's the last game Ryan Miller should play.

#15 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

The Rangers scored 5 goals in 3 minutes between the end of the first and beginning of the second. Remember when they couldn't score? If i'm Buffalo, that's the last game Ryan Miller should play.

Buffalo scored 2 goals in 6 seconds......it must be a full moon !!!!!!

#16 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Rangers score 14 goals in 24 hours. It took us 11 games to do that. Marty's fault.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#17 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Back in 1984 we were really bad as a team.  That year it was suggested that the Devils tank so as to have the 1st round draft pick who was Mario Lemieux.  Tom McVie was incensed at the thought of sandbagging to get the 1st round pick.  He said athletes play to win regardless of math and no game is meaningless.  At the 1984 draft Pittsburgh drafted Mario Lemieux 1st overall and the Devils drafted Kirk Muller, 2nd overall.  I believe athletes play to win regardless of circumstances. :)

Tom McVie was clearly an idiot. :P

Posted Image

#18 leeski

leeski

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Guy guys guys guys it's still not over yet!

#19 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

I didn't realize it is between only the Devils and the Rangers. The Devils have a shot at knocking the Rangers out of the playoffs. That is it. 

I don't think anyone's knocking them out anyway.  They're 6-2-1 since the deadline and look like an 'improved' version of last year's team over the last few weeks.  We might win one of the two games if we somehow break the invisible forcefield around the other net for a night, that's it.  Winnipeg would have to win all four to pass them if they go 3-1 and the Caps would have to win the other three non-Winnipeg games since both of them have to stay ahead to knock them out.  

I just hope they get Pittsburgh or Montreal in the first round, who they never match up well with.  I'm glad I didn't even bother to check the score last night until it was 6-0, I thought something was wrong with NHL Gamecenter when I did check it :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 20 April 2013 - 06:55 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#20 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

Back in 1984 we were really bad as a team. That year it was suggested that the Devils tank so as to have the 1st round draft pick who was Mario Lemieux. Tom McVie was incensed at the thought of sandbagging to get the 1st round pick. He said athletes play to win regardless of math and no game is meaningless. At the 1984 draft Pittsburgh drafted Mario Lemieux 1st overall and the Devils drafted Kirk Muller, 2nd overall. I believe athletes play to win regardless of circumstances. :)

Tom McVie was also the worst coach in devils history and was known to party with the players after and between games. He is the only coach to be fired twice by this organization and that speaks volumes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users