Photo

GDT: Florida Panthers @ New Jersey Devils - 1pm - MSG - KOVY!!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#21 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

I am anxious to see the powerplay.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#22 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,321 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

This is like the 12th straight powerplay they've scored on against us. We just cannot stop that powerplay

also where the hell was this Panthers effort vs the Rags. Oh yea, they're not playing the Devils so they don't care

Edited by '7', 20 April 2013 - 12:18 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#23 maniacdevsdude

maniacdevsdude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

This is the spark we needed. We win today and win out..and lookout. This team has a chance to go far in the playoffs.

BELIEVE DAMMIT!

#24 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

This is the spark we needed. We win today and win out..and lookout. This team has a chance to go far in the playoffs.

BELIEVE DAMMIT!

lol

believe-zubrus.jpg

#25 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,321 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

On the plus side we will not eliminated tomorrow in MSG...fine with that

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#26 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

There goes Kovy's Hart bid.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#27 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

wellp

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#28 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,869 posts

nigga plz

- New Jersey Devils right wing Ilya Kovalchuk informed the media during his pregame scrum that he isn't just 100 percent, but "105" percent.

He must have gotten another magic shot, he looks like the only one that cares.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#29 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,290 posts

Geez, what a terrible start. At least we won't be eliminated by the rangers tomorrow after we eliminate ourselves today. This team stinks.

#30 Wolfy

Wolfy

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Ok, I've never played hockey so I might be wrong here, but when you're playing D and you're in front of your goalie and you have a player in the slot, is it not better to go towards him and take away his shooting space rather than back up and let him pick his spot?

#31 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Geez, what a terrible start. At least we won't be eliminated by the rangers tomorrow after we eliminate ourselves today. This team stinks.

In a way, it's fitting the Panthers put us out of our misery, we've lost to so many garbage teams already this season.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#32 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

On the plus side we will not eliminated tomorrow in MSG...fine with that

Couldn't agree more. I'm as much of a believer as anyone but there's no chance in hell this Devils team was winning out and getting all the help they needed.

Shame this season turned out this way. Good turnout here at the arena thogh, all things considered.

#33 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Ok, I've never played hockey so I might be wrong here, but when you're playing D and you're in front of your goalie and you have a player in the slot, is it not better to go towards him and take away his shooting space rather than back up and let him pick his spot?

Should be blanket coverage in the slot. But the first goal was on the PP so you couldnt account for every man, second goal was Kovy floating and not taking the point guy.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#34 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,018 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

BELIEVE DAMMIT!

Is that a joke? Seriously, I really couldn't tell if that was a joke or not. I hope it was.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#35 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

At least JoJo has his confidence back.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Couldn't agree more. I'm as much of a believer as anyone but there's no chance in hell this Devils team was winning out and getting all the help they needed.

Shame this season turned out this way. Good turnout here at the arena thogh, all things considered.

A lot of the tickets were sold in advance, weekend afternoon game. I probably should have no-showed since I got my money back on my sth pair weeks ago anyway (the free tickets today were my 'reward' for paying the playoff invoice lolz) but I wanted to see some other sth's I know since I only have one more game left.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 20 April 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#37 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

With ways things are going the Devils will probably win because they are playing like sh!t. Watch like 4 goals go in off the pipe.

Edited by Zubie#8, 20 April 2013 - 12:33 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#38 Wolfy

Wolfy

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Should be blanket coverage in the slot. But the first goal was on the PP so you couldnt account for every man, second goal was Kovy floating and not taking the point guy.

Not taking into account Kovy back-checking, there was a devil in front of Brodeur that backed off when Goc was loading his shot. I would've thought it's a better play to go at your man rather than back off and mask your own goalie more.

#39 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Not taking into account Kovy back-checking, there was a devil in front of Brodeur that backed off when Goc was loading his shot. I would've thought it's a better play to go at your man rather than back off and mask your own goalie more.

I have to watch it again but it was 5 on 4, maybe if the defenseman left his man to step up into the shot he would have left a wide open guy for an easy tap in.

Sweet goal Patty.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#40 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,321 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

whoo. Powerplay now 2-31!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users