Photo

It's a Man's Game (Devils Rangers 4/21/13)

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#121 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

I haven't commented much on GDTs all year, and I haven't read all the comments in this thread, so I'm not sure what the consensus is, but all I know is once again the Devils have 0 goals. They can't win a game that way, no matter how good/bad their goalie plays.

#122 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Fvck life

#123 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

I haven't commented much on GDTs all year, and I haven't read all the comments in this thread, so I'm not sure what the consensus is, but all I know is once again the Devils have 0 goals. They can't win a game that way, no matter how good/bad their goalie plays.

Agreed. The lack of scoring is what infuriates me to no end. I don't care what Marty does/doesn't do when the team can't consistently score goals. Hopefully this is addressed in the offseason.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#124 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

I hope Marty plays longer than Gordie Howe just to piss off the numbskulls here.

Don't you want the Devils to have winning seasons?

#125 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Preposterous!! Brodeur making an extra save would spur the offense to 5 goals. Or something something.

Brodeur is old and he is not the goalie he was, but the issues here are deeper than just blaming him.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#126 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Comic ending

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#127 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Very true. It's a team effort. Frustration sets in when both ends aren't doing their job. Lou built a team without offense  and hope that Marty with 8 defensemen would get the job done, both failed.

#128 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Get rid of Zidlicky, Volch, and possibly Tallinder.

Should've traded Zid at the deadline.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#129 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Take that, Captain Shoulder Pads!

#130 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

And honestly I hope Clarkson gets his 6m/year elsewhere.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#131 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Nothing done in the regular season EVER erases or makes up for anything that happens in the playoffs, especially when one team is basically crawling in on life support. But knowing what sh!t stains a lot of Ranger fans are, they'll probably have a parade through the Canyon of Heroes because they "eliminated" the Devils from the playoff contention. I'll will to bet a sizable percentage of these fvcking mongoloids will talk sh!t about it continually. Like anyone will remember it 5 (or even 2) years from now lol.

You're probably right on this one too...they can't get enough of the 'Season's over!' chants now.

Clarkson's only getting 6 per in the KHL and I doubt they'd even offer it to him since he's not a native son.  He might get 5-5.5 which would be bad enough.  Anything above 4.5 and I wouldn't cry about him walking at this point.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#132 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Very true. It's a team effort. Frustration sets in when both ends aren't doing their job. Lou built a team without offense  and hope that Marty with 8 defensemen would get the job done, both failed.

So true.

I know Marty's bad save percentage has been brought up in other threads this season -- and rightfully so.

But let's also acknowledge this stat, the Devils are the third-lowest scoring team in the league:

http://sports.yahoo....hl/stats/byteam

Edited by 95Crash, 21 April 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#133 Wolfy

Wolfy

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

And this is the first time ever I don't feel any joy for a Devils goal.

#134 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

I agree, unfortunately I think that Elias goes elsewhere as well.

#135 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Nothing done in the regular season EVER erases or makes up for anything that happens in the playoffs, especially when one team is basically crawling in on life support. But knowing what sh!t stains a lot of Ranger fans are, they'll probably have a parade through the Canyon of Heroes because they "eliminated" the Devils from the playoff contention. I'll will to bet a sizable percentage of these fvcking mongoloids will talk sh!t about it continually. Like anyone will remember it 5 (or even 2) years from now lol.

You're probably right on this one too...they can't get enough of the 'Season's over!' chants now.And honestly I hope Clarkson gets his 6m/year elsewhere.

Clarkson's only getting 6 per in the KHL and I doubt they'd even offer it to him since he's not a native son. He might get 5-5.5 which would be bad enough. Anything above 4.5 and I wouldn't cry about him walking at this point.

Lol, I know these tools will brag about anything. But that's what fans of loser franchises do.

Edited by MadDog2020, 21 April 2013 - 04:48 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#136 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Lol we pulled Marty

Put food on my family

#137 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Kovy's shoulder is very sore as you saw when he got to the box.

So true.

I know Marty's bad save percentage has been brought up in other threads this season -- and rightfully so.

But let's also acknowledge this stat, the Devils are the third-lowest scoring team in the league:

http://sports.yahoo....hl/stats/byteam

Acknowledged

#138 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Meh these fans are just moronic.

Let them try and enjoy this, we'll forever have Henrique's goal.

believe-ll.jpg

#139 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

And DeBoer gets t'ed up to finish the game.  Guess he finally got his money's worth on Rooney :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#140 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Atta boy Pete. I hope someone finds that fvcking prick Rooney in the parking lot and caves his face in.

Edited by MadDog2020, 21 April 2013 - 04:57 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users