Photo

It's a Man's Game (Devils Rangers 4/21/13)

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#161 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,870 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils5m

Kovalchuk on DeBoer misconduct: you can't do that in the last seconds in front of everybody. 15 seconds left you don't have to put on a show

EDIT: I can't really tell whether Kovy's ripping the coach or Rooney for putting on a show at second glance.  It looks like he's ripping Pete the way Chere worded it.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 21 April 2013 - 05:32 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#162 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

I actually fell bad for DeBoer he is a good coach. Lou decides who plays each game not DeBoer, Lou doesn't give up that control.

What the hell are you talking about?

The Devils lost this season not because of injuries but because of lack of offensive talent

This I agree with. What frightens me is the lack of franchise-player-material UFAs this year. Kovalchuk's injury and struggles make it obvious we need another star forward badly and there seems to be none out there this year. Last summer it was Parise and Semin. This year you gotta either go with a retirement plan (i.e. signing Iginla or Jagr) or throw some filthy money at Ribeiro and pray he stays close to point-per-game and doesn't implode (which is unlikely). Can't really trade for any all-stars with our assets (or lack thereof)... Not to mention, all of our top scorers but Kovalchuk are going UFA or RFA. Possible brutal summer ahead!

#163 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

marty's words kill me. "we knew it was coming,"

it's funny that i can be so grateful we've had him and still hate him for so many things like this.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#164 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils5m

Kovalchuk on DeBoer misconduct: you can't do that in the last seconds in front of everybody. 15 seconds left you don't have to put on a show

EDIT: I can't really tell whether Kovy's ripping the coach or Rooney for putting on a show at second glance.  It looks like he's ripping Pete the way Chere worded it.

Kovy is talking about Rooney. Coaches give it to the refs many nights near the end, and you rarely see a coach get tossed.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#165 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

marty's words kill me. "we knew it was coming,"

it's funny that i can be so grateful we've had him and still hate him for so many things like this.

He said they didn't have a chance in an interview yesterday, so that pissed me off....

#166 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

If Marty is still the #1 goalie here next season, there's not a chance of making the playoffs next season.  He's mediocre to below average at this point with a terrible save percentage and just getting old.

Time to let him have a farewell tour as the backup.  He's lucky Deboer plays a system that emphasizes pressure and avoids his goalies from seeing 30 shots a night, otherwise we'd be giving up 5-6 goals a game.

Edited by coldply123, 21 April 2013 - 05:41 PM.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#167 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,870 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

And again we resume bashing Marty on NJDevs after 'another' game where we have 1 or fewer goals.  If this team could ever score then maybe I'll worry about the goaltending.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#168 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

And again we resume bashing Marty on NJDevs after 'another' game where we have 1 or fewer goals.  If this team could ever score then maybe I'll worry about the goaltending.

I see your point, but I also see anyone who is hard on Brodeur too. The Devils have made it so easy on Brodeur since his return. The old Marty has 4-5 shutouts during that stretch. Maybe they win a few of those games 1-0 or so. I know it is a little unfair to put that on a goalie but a couple were that easy.

The Devils have offensive issues that certainly will be addressed in the off-season, but the concern here is that as long as Brodeur is under contract, the goalie situation will not be. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#169 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

I missed the PDB ejection. Would kind of like to see that if someone can find the youtube or something.

815631765.gif

#170 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Him laughing on the bench when he got pulled didnt make me happy. His .850 save percentage in the last 5 games is not good, and his overall save percentage is Bryzgalov bad. They need to address the offense and the goalie situation. Somehow get a Bernier and play him in half the games.

Edited by Zubie#8, 21 April 2013 - 05:51 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#171 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,870 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

I see your point, but I also see anyone who is hard on Brodeur too. The Devils have made it so easy on Brodeur since his return. The old Marty has 4-5 shutouts during that stretch. Maybe they win a few of those games 1-0 or so. I know it is a little unfair to put that on a goalie but a couple were that easy.

The Devils have offensive issues that certainly will be addressed in the off-season, but the concern here is that as long as Brodeur is under contract, the goalie situation will not be. 

Well they're currently 27th in team scoring (two measly goals above last) and 17th in goals allowed.  Whether the D's protecting Marty or not I know which area I'm more worried about.  But NJDevs can't wait to bash Marty so we harp on the aging legend instead of the no-talent never-weres up front and Pete's inane merry-go-round on D.

#172 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Well I'm surprised but in the end this team went out the way it should have..
Like a bunch of losers who didn't deserve to make the playoffs.
So much for last year.
What a fluke.
Rangers still own us.
Brodeur started why?
And GOD FORBID this team EVER has to play TWO back to back afternoon games.
Jesus Christ what a fvcking embarrassment.
fvck this team.

Go cheer for someone else with the rest of the fair weather whiners then. If you can't handle the bad years you don't deserve the good ones.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#173 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,392 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

He said they didn't have a chance in an interview yesterday, so that pissed me off....

well i mean come on... its one thing to stay positive but you cant be delusional with thick blinders either. Everyone knew NJ was out of the playoffs awhile ago, it would have taken some crazy favourable scenario to make it happen

www.SterioDesign.com

#174 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

I love how the Marty fanboys on here constantly go to the not scoring goals nonsense.  Can I get a goalie who has above a .900 save percentage.  Is that too much to ask.

Of course, you could have checked the score and realized that they scored "FOUR" goals against us. 

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

#175 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,392 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Go cheer for someone else with the rest of the fair weather whiners then. If you can't handle the bad years you don't deserve the good ones.

the explanation why this BigZ or ScoreMoreThan3 guy is not on everyone's ignore list yet is beyond me.

Edited by SterioDesign, 21 April 2013 - 05:55 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#176 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hopefully he'll be back behind the bench too....

Love that guy, more and more

c'mon Jacques....youre not that old, this team needs you back

#177 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I love how the Marty fanboys on here constantly go to the not scoring goals nonsense. Can I get a goalie who has above a .900 save percentage. Is that too much to ask.

Of course, you could have checked the score and realized that they scored "FOUR" goals against us.

I don't think we're being "fanboys". We are pointing out that even if Brodeur let's in 1 - 2 goals a game during the last few weeks, they still lose most of those games. No one is saying he's played well, but the offense has been nonexistent for months. He's definitely at the end of the road, but dropping it all on him is over simplistic.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#178 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,870 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I love how the Marty fanboys on here constantly go to the not scoring goals nonsense. Can I get a goalie who has above a .900 save percentage. Is that too much to ask.

Whoopdie doo, they got four goals. They lose if Marty allows two anyway. They're still middle of the pack in total goals allowed with Hedberg stinking beyond belief for a third of the season.

Not excusing Marty, just at a loss why people can't wait to jump on him, especially when I'm sorry he ain't the biggest problem.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 21 April 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#179 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

As Marty gets older.....Lou should be getting our defense stronger (and some offensive help wouldnt hurt either)

there's too much Marty and Debo bashing here, and not enough Lou bashing

#180 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

I don't think we're being "fanboys". We are pointing out that even if Brodeur let's in 1 - 2 goals a game during the last few weeks, they still lose most of those games. No one is saying he's played well, but the offense has been nonexistent for months. He's definitely at the end of the road, but dropping it all on him is over simplistic.

I never dropped it all on him. He needs to be viewed as part of the problem, which unfortunately he is.  That's all I want to point out.

Marty's ego won't let him "not" be the starter.  We're in trouble next year, that's what I see here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users