90 replies to this topic

#21 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Not talking about Matteau being a bust, but for Lou not giving up that pick.

The whole "In Lou We Trust" is now nonsense.  He has been losing it for a few years now.

yeah im with you. I'll never deny what Lou has done for us and everything but it's not excusing him for ALL the bad selfish decisions he took just cause he wants to do things his oldschool way and never adjust

www.SterioDesign.com

#22 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

I'm going to cut the kid some slack. I mean c'mon he is fvcking 19 and probably felt that everyone there turned on him. Home probably seemed pretty damn good right about then. I am not saying he doesn't have any fault in the situation though.

815631765.gif

#23 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

there's a press conference soon is should explain the whole thing

www.SterioDesign.com

#24 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

matteau penalty was bullsh!t... he slash the other team player after the other one stalk him with his stick....

#25 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

The whole "In Lou We Trust" is now nonsense.  He has been losing it for a few years now.

That's total hindsight. When they were scouting Matteau's draft class, the 2014 draft class is 13-15 years old. Lou's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. 2013-2014 could've just as easily been a crap year for draft options. They weren't, so it's easy to blame it on Lou.

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

That's total hindsight. When they were scouting Matteau's draft class, the 2014 draft class is 13-15 years old. Lou's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. 2013-2014 could've just as easily been a crap year for draft options. They weren't, so it's easy to blame it on Lou.

Yes but 29th pick as much far down the first round as you are going to get outside of winning the cup and going 30th.  Plus last year's draft was not impressive or deep by any means.  I would rather him have given it up than risking we sh!t the bed next year and end up with a top 5 pick that was to be forfeited.  I know its a gamble either way but at least go with what you do know instead of worrying what may or may be in a couple years when you have to forfeit it.

Lou didn't need a crystal ball to see that we were pick 29th last year.

#27 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,420 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

These are philosophical differences. 

If you don't like the way Lou does things you have 29 other philosophies you can go with. You like what you like.  Who cares if you're from NJ?  Just go find a team you think is swell and post on their board then OK? 

or, you know, bitch incessantly and argue moot points all day -- whaddoIcare? 

I'm here for the party

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

These are philosophical differences. 

If you don't like the way Lou does things you have 29 other philosophies you can go with. You like what you like.  Who cares if you're from NJ?  Just go find a team you think is swell and post on their board then OK? 

or, you know, bitch incessantly and argue moot points all day -- whaddoIcare? 

Those 29 other GM's usually have to answer to someone.

Lou is locked into his position no matter how much he succeeds or screws up.

THATS the philosophical difference.

#29 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

per StepaneRDSjunior

Matteau libere officiel #Armada

means he's really gone and not playing for them anymore... wow

www.SterioDesign.com

#30 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

It's rather foolish to compare the drafting situations of Merrill and Matteau, isn't it?

Merrill was considered a "risky" steal that dropped into the second round (Devils didn't have their first that year, sent it to Atlanta for Kovy).

Matteau was the 29th pick in an unimpressive draft year. No special hype or issues, just a late pick. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 22 April 2013 - 11:39 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#31 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Lou does have to answer to someone. So does Holland in Detroit for that matter. Difference being their past gives them a lot of rope. GM'ing in the NHL is like an old boys' network anyway. Darcy's been in Buffalo forever without winning a thing. Same with Poile. Rutherford's been in Carolina forever, Sather in NY, etc.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Lou does have to answer to someone. So does Holland in Detroit for that matter. Difference being their past gives them a lot of rope. GM'ing in the NHL is like an old boys' network anyway. Darcy's been in Buffalo forever without winning a thing. Same with Poile. Rutherford's been in Carolina forever, Sather in NY, etc.

Some have more rope than others, but Lou has it locked up completely and have no been in their positions as long as Lou has.

#33 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

I agree this was another mis-step for Lou.  Picking second to last seemed like a SLAM DUNK to forfeit the pick....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#34 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Nevermind.

Edited by hystyk28, 22 April 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#35 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

He's been released from the Armada.

So..can the Devils call him back up for a few games? I'm guessing they can't.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#36 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,420 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

That's not the philosophical difference I'm referring to.

I like how Lou runs things.  I agree with most of his moves and understand those I think are sort of crap. I'd prefer he answer to no one (though I do not agree with you on that). 

That's why I'm a Devils fan.

You think his philosophy sucks.  So go root for a different team.  Especially because you think the guy answers to no one.  Why are you wasting your time and mental energy?

I'm here for the party

#37 Default

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Ugh. Should have forfeited this pick.

#38 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

per TG

Devils' 2012 1st rd pick Stefan Matteau has been released by Blainville-Boisbriand (QMJHL) for behavior "unacceptable to our organization"

That's not the philosophical difference I'm referring to.

I like how Lou runs things.  I agree with most of his moves and understand those I think are sort of crap. I'd prefer he answer to no one (though I do not agree with you on that). 

That's why I'm a Devils fan.

You think his philosophy sucks.  So go root for a different team.  Especially because you think the guy answers to no one.  Why are you wasting your time and mental energy?

Well thats a bit extreme... you can hate the way Steve Jobs use to market or do things... you can still LOVE everything about the iphone... 

www.SterioDesign.com

#39 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Maybe the NHL will give us back our pick as compensation for this one...lol

Posted Image

#40 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,420 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

per TG

Devils' 2012 1st rd pick Stefan Matteau has been released by Blainville-Boisbriand (QMJHL) for behavior "unacceptable to our organization"

Well thats a bit extreme... you can hate the way Steve Jobs use to market or do things... you can still LOVE everything about the iphone... 

A hockey team is not an inanimate iphone.

I find it difficult to believe that Devils84 enjoys the product output of these specific hockey players put together and guided by the specific hockey philosophy espoused by Lou Lamoriello.

His posts have, in fact, lead me to believe quite the opposite.  Perhaps this is a geographic loyalty he's clinging to?  Perhaps it is a love based on something as mundane as uniforms.

In any event.  It is clearly not Devils hockey he is enamored of - thus I would prefer that he, though I cannot make him, follow a team who's product he does enjoy.  Or start posting in a manner more congruous to that of a true Devils fan - a fan of "Devils hockey."

(above to be read in Spock's voice please -- I'm very into Star trek and my daughter is in love with Spock and makes me talk like him all the time now.. I'm afraid it's beginning to stick.)

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users